HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

OK, The Habs Have To Be legit cup contenders now

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 10:55 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
They aren't.

How long have you been watching this game?
um.. trust me on this TAMPA BAY IS A CONTENDER.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Not money, although I am not against taking your money either.

No, I have something better. Money comes and goes, but I want you to put your reputation on the line.

Tell ya what... And this goes for any and all Habs fans who want to take me up on it...

If the Habs win the Cup, I will leave HF FOREVER.
BUT...
If the Habs do not win the Cup, you have to leave HF FOREVER.

Very simple.

And to sweeten the pot, I will throw in 4 games. It takes 16 wins to win the Cup. I say the Habs will not win those 16 games, and I am willing to spot you a full round, 4 games to prove it.

All the Habs have to do is win 3 rounds and I leave HF FOREVER.
BUT...
If the Habs don't win 3 rounds, you have to leave HF FOREVER.

What say you? Do you have the marbles to put your reputation where your mouth is?
Habs are contenders, but but that is insane. If they don't win the cup he has to leave? What a joke. Even if we are talking about the Avs, Devils and Wings who, as you put it, win it every year, it would be a stupid wager.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Habsolution

Quote:

Ever notice that Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey win the Cup every year? It will happen again this year too.

You aren't even as good as Toronto.

Get real.
Translation : if you're not a fan of NJ, Colorado or Detroit your team stand no chance of winning the cup EVER ! It's impossible. The only teams that will ever win the cup in the future are those three teams. If you're the sens, leafs, bruins, whatever... forget it.

That's why I hate avs fans. They were spoon fed a cup and they think hockey started 9 years ago.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:00 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Why would I trust you? You're insane. You think that Tampa and Montreal are contenders.
sorry buddy i never said montreal is a contender even though they ARE, as are 16 other teams this year!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:02 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
That's why I hate avs fans. They were spoon fed a cup and they think hockey started 9 years ago.
so true.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:05 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Not money, although I am not against taking your money either.
No, I have something better. Money comes and goes, but I want you to put your reputation on the line.
reputation? what do you think im selling phat games.
money i want money like i said if your paypal registered give me vegas odds ill wager.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Any wager on Montreal to win is stupid.

But if you people are so confident that Montreal is a contender and will win the Cup, let's see you put your reputation on the line. I am even spotting you a round. SURELY if the Habs are a contender, they will at least make the Finals, right?

Put up or shut up.
did anyone said MOntreal would win the cup!? they might get a shot but hey they would have to be incredible in the playoffs, i wouldnt be too surprise to upset a team tough.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:08 PM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

Quote:

But if you people are so confident that Montreal is a contender and will win the Cup, let's see you put your reputation on the line. I am even spotting you a round. SURELY if the Habs are a contender, they will at least make the Finals, right?

Put up or shut up.

I will, but to make it more fair, you take your team, which I assume is Colorado and go by the same rules. If Colorado doesn't win the cup you have to leave forever. But since you started the bet, I'm only leaving if Montreal doesn't make the finals (and you seem oh so confident anyhow).

Therefore, you have 2 scenarios where you could leave: Montreal making the finals or Colorado not winning the cup.

I have 1 scenario for leaving: Montreal not making the finals.

If you agree with that, I'm all for it.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Put up or shut up.
Noone has said they will. I'm only trying tog et people to realize this team is for real, and not your typical 7th seed. Will montreal win? Probably not, but I wouldn't blink an eye if they did.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:09 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Put up or shut up.
your 12 arnt you gimmi your paypal account and we both put into bets in the betting line (where they hold both our funds under terms)
im game for it.
im putting up. balls in your court

Old
03-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
First, I never said anything about the future. I don't know what will happen after the lockout, and things change in sport. But right now, Detroit and Colorado are far and away the best teams in the NHL. It isn't even close.
You said the avs, wings and devils win the cup every year and you basically said they would do so again this year. The future is not after the next CBA. The future is tomorrow, next week, next month, next playoffs. Games aren't played on paper. Anything can happen. What you said was horse crap and I called you on it.

Quote:
Second, who says that I was spoon fed a Cup? Who says that I didn't grow up with hockey? Who says that I am from Denver? I have never even been to Denver. I grew up in a hockey mad environment.
Fair enough. Reading your comment I would have sworn you thought hockey started when the avs won their first cup though.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:

Put up or shut up.
Seemed to me like Habs fans take all the risk (if there is...lol ) I would do it with you in a heartbeat but since im only lurking in the topic, oh well. At least make it fair, if the Avs don't go as far as you said for the Canadiens, then you leave too. Simple. Fair. End.

OT:
Season GP W L T OTL Pts GF GA
*1992-93 84 48 30 6 102 326 280
*1985-86 80 40 33 7 87 330 280

Now if only I could have the others teams success in those years. :mad: Anyone?

Old
03-16-2004, 11:16 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
How are we gonna seriously win an argument with this homer?

He has yet to give a coherent thought. Suggesting that this is a 3 team league, and no one else has a chance, is just...embarrassing, that's the best word I can think of.

Guess what genius. The best team on paper will probably not win the cup, they almost never do. You are the most superficial fan I have ever seen, and you make almost no sense at all.

I uh, I just don't know what to say. I'll let my fellow fans put you in your place.

I'm Out!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:17 PM
TheBigBadB

I'll end this right now....

ALL OF THE TEAMS THAT MAKE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS ARE CONTENDERS..

But I think what people are moaning about is the fact that after every Hab win, there is a thread about them being contenders...ENOUGH already, we get the idea...

Talk about it on your home board...why do you need the approval of everyone else here???

Relax..yeesh!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:21 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
I'll end this right now....

ALL OF THE TEAMS THAT MAKE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS ARE CONTENDERS..

But I think what people are moaning about is the fact that after every Hab win, there is a thread about them being contenders...ENOUGH already, we get the idea...

Talk about it on your home board...why do you need the approval of everyone else here???

Relax..yeesh!
hey i agree honestly i do but the damage is done
i also wish these threads are never started on the nhl board.
anyways im out.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:22 PM
onice

I think the problem here is that people have different definitions of contender. Maybe you should spell out your definitions. I know Tampa Bay is a contender. Right now, they're probably the best team in the league. And if you take the top 10 - 12 teams in the league, what's the point spread between them.....10 points? 10 points is 5 wins. There are a hell of a lot of teams on the same footing with each other. And The wings, havs and devils are assured of nothing, despite what Yoshi says.

BTW, yoski I love your ninentdo game.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Hellsempire

Six pages of a waste of time... We shall see who is worthy in the playoffs this season...

Old
03-16-2004, 11:24 PM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice
I think the problem here is that people have different definitions of contender. Maybe you should spell out your definitions. I know Tampa Bay is a contender. Right now, they're probably the best team in the league. And if you take the top 10 - 12 teams in the league, what's the point spread between them.....10 points? 10 points is 5 wins. There are a hell of a lot of teams on the same footing with each other. And The wings, havs and devils are assured of nothing, despite what Yoshi says.

BTW, yoski I love your ninentdo game.
Its easy to define...

After all the seeds are placed and the brackets are set...they are all contending for the Stanley cup, correct? So they should all be labeled contenders!!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
The thread was good until page 2

Old
03-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
Six pages of a waste of time...
You aren't kidding

Take your personal arguments to PMs people, I see a few of them here. And in the future, keep the personal attacks out of your arguments.

This is getting closed before it gets any worse.

Closed Thread