HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA-CHI-Ott

Old
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Hawksfan12*

vCash: 500
LA-CHI-Ott

CHI Gets: Campoli,Handzus

OTT Gets: Campbell,Hickey,Brian Boyle,LA's First

LA Gets:, Spezza, Smith

Last edited by Hawksfan12*: 04-09-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Hawksfan12*

Tell me if this is fairly even

Old
04-09-2009, 06:08 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Ottawa runs away with this
Chicago:
LA: might like it.

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Yeah looks great!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Hawksfan12*

Well i was thinking maybe we get campoli and LA gets smith... but i dont think its bad for chi..... they trade a overpaid player for the same and they get another dman aswell for less cap hit... plus smiths contract is done at the end of the year

Old
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Hawksfan12*

yeah i just switched it from smith to campoli and vice versa

Old
04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Tell me if this is fairly even
It's not.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
palffytofrovlov

How is this even for LA? we trade Hickey (top prospect), Boyle, our first this year, who could be very good, and our best defensive forward who has really improved for...

Spezza and Old Jason Smith??? who we dont need....

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Mehhh I don't know if I like it. I know you always trade for the proven players but I think I'll pass on Spezza. Handzus has been good, Boyle's turning it around, Hickey's showing promise, and the first could be damn good. Yeah, I'll pass.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
smiling.jack

As a Hawks fan, I'd prefer Spezza with Smith for Campbell, Sopel + forward prospect.
Sure I'd love Campoli but our D is very solid already and we could us some veteran leadership. Too much youth all around the same age could hamstring us come RFA/UFA time. We're already in a tight spot.

smiling.jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Kings pass. I like Spezza, but we're just giving up too much.

Smith is not at all a good fit for us. I dont see us trading for any D in the immediate future.

I dont see the Kings/Chicago as good trading partners. Both are young teams... both developing, and the Hawks are 1-2 years ahead of the Kings.

I'd drop Chicago as a partner and counter with something like-

Spezza to LA

Handzus, Purcell (or Boyle), LA 1st to Ottawa.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Flapjack*

Epic fail.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think it is good personally from a LA standpoint. You have to give to get. Spezza is an older version of Kopitar. They are the same player almost, only Kopitar has more size. If I was trading Kopitar, I would expect a package at the very least similar to what we would be giving for Spezza here. Of course, in the end, why are we trading for player we already have? I don't know about the other teams in the deal, but as far as value goes, it is there for the Kings, maybe a little much, but not too much.

By the way, Handzus has a NMC and has stressed that he really likes it in LA. So I don't see the Kings parting with him anytime soon.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
JeffYear92*

fail

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Handzus isn't going anywhere. He has a NMC. The only way Lombardi moves Hickey is if he's a part of a package to bring in a winger like Kovalchuk. I would love a one two punch of Kopitar and Spezza down the middle, but I just don't think Lombardi is exactly eyeing another center right now. We need top line wingers, not centers. Substitute Heatley for Spezza and we have a deal.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Piffle

I don't think this exact trade will work for a couple of reasons, but I would not be surprised to see Campbell moved in the next season or two. We'll probably take a 3-4 million dollar contract in return of someone who isn't really worth that (someone like Handzus, but not him). I think Tallon is finally starting to catch on to the fact that, yes, Campbell is good, but his contract will be crippling to the Hawks in a few years here with all the good young guys we have. If the Hawks make a decent playoff run this year and Campbell makes a good showing, he should be easy enough to move.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
Campbell makes a good showing, he should be easy enough to move.

Theres seven million reasons for the next seven years that say otherwise.

EPIC FAIL

Old
04-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Piffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Theres seven million reasons for the next seven years that say otherwise.

EPIC FAIL
There were a couple of other teams that offered him very similar deals to what the Hawks made him, and he isn't any worse this year than he was last year. If we took back a couple million dollar contract in addition, there is zero reason he couldn't be traded. The fact is he would make some team like Florida or Atlanta much, much better overall.

EPIC FAIL yourself.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:03 PM
JMFJ 3

LA says no thanks.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:08 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
as a sens fan, i hate it.
Brian Campbell, Thomas Hickey, Brian Boyle, 5th-7th overall
for
Jason Spezza, Jason Smith, Chris Campoli

Jason Spezza was a 2nd overall pick who has turned out better than anyone would have expected. He is a first line center and an all-star an will be for another decade. Thomas Hickey may very well turn into a dominant top-pairing defenseman, and that first might be a nice center (schenn, kane), but spezza as a proven player is worth way more to this team than hickey and the first together.

Yay, we get rid of jason smith, who's contract really isnt a problem because it expires after next year. We also get rid of chris campoli, who we just traded a 1st for. In return, we get brian campbell to 'help out' on the blueline. I'd rather have campoli and smith at 3.5M than have campbell at 7.1M.

Who's our replacement for spezza, none other than brian boyle! The sens will be stellar down the middle with fisher, boyle, kelly and bass.
Dont look at FA for help down the middle, because this trade actually makes our future cap situation worse (dont count smith's contract, because our cap situation next year doesnt matter, it's '10-'11 we're planning for).

overall, no way i do this trade for ottawa. It makes us a worse team and makes it harder to work with the cap, plus we're the one's doing all the 'gambling'.

I should add, the hawks are not giving up nearly enough in this trade, and the kings are giving up too much. Boyle should be replaced with bolland.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
There were a couple of other teams that offered him very similar deals to what the Hawks made him, and he isn't any worse this year than he was last year. If we took back a couple million dollar contract in addition, there is zero reason he couldn't be traded. The fact is he would make some team like Florida or Atlanta much, much better overall.

EPIC FAIL yourself.
No, there wasnt a team stupid enough to give out that kind of money, and if I recall, the only team the hawks were bidding against, besides themselves, as Atl, and their offer was in the 4.5 million range.

And give your head a shake if you think some team is going to pony up a 2 no, ill give you a 4 million dollar contracted player for this pylon AND his cap busting contract. Hes being paid elite players money, and he isnt an elite player.

Figure skater? Yeah he could give Michelle Kwan a few lessons, but theres no team stupid enough to touch that cap killing contract for the next seven years.

Again, EPIC FAIL

Old
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
brevard*

Quote:
No, there wasnt a team stupid enough to give out that kind of money, and if I recall, the only team the hawks were bidding against, besides themselves, as Atl, and their offer was in the 4.5 million range.

And give your head a shake if you think some team is going to pony up a 2 no, ill give you a 4 million dollar contracted player for this pylon AND his cap busting contract. Hes being paid elite players money, and he isnt an elite player.

Figure skater? Yeah he could give Michelle Kwan a few lessons, but theres no team stupid enough to touch that cap killing contract for the next seven years.

Again, EPIC FAIL
Actually the talk at the time was San Jose and Buffalo were also bidding. Rumors then were that the Sabres were in the high 5's and the Shark's in the 6's.
Another mistake on your part is Atlanta actually offered more than Chicago did and Campbell chose Chicago.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:

Again, EPIC FAIL
Again to you EPIC FAIL, Atl was at 7.5 to 8mil per and Sabes, Sharks, and a few others were in the 6.5mil range.

Btw, love the avatar and do you know anything about hockey? It seems like u dont

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
tylerbear*

Atlanta offered 8 mil.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
.... go ahead with your offers...........

Handzus has a ntc... i think he is going nowhere, except he waives it.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote