HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei K. stick in the eye.. not sure for vs Leafs

Old
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Didn't he play afterwards yesterday??

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
la25ecoupe

Andrei K. stick in the eye.. not sure for vs Leafs

Anybody heard about his health? It seems like he got the stick in the eye.. :S

Won't be sure for Saturday.

Oh man, injuries continues..

Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn seems highly doubtful to play tomorrow, having been cut over the eye by a high stick last night on Long Island. But there are suggestions, too, that he could be a healthy scratch. Last time the Kostitsyn brothers' parents come to North America: Sergei was drilled into the boards and missed last night's game, and now Andrei is hammered.
(mod please merge if appropriate)

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

He suffered a cut OVER his eye, didn't get the stick IN the eye... pretty big difference. Habsinsideout.com says he is listed as doubtful.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
CanadienErrant*

Who do you dress then ? S.Kost or D'Ags, or put O'Byrne on D and bring back Dandy up front ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

not a big loss the way he was playing lately..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Who do you dress then ? S.Kost or D'Ags, or put O'Byrne on D and bring back Dandy up front ?
I say play the healthy guy.. D'Agostini...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Guy Germaine

Big deal, the way he's playing it's probably a good thing....someone should tell him you're supposed to pick up your intensity when the playoffs are approaching.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
not a big loss the way he was playing lately..
+1

He's been lost on the ice for a while now...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
+1

He's been lost on the ice for a while now...
Against the hawks before skost was injured his line with pleks was doing a lot better.... i think we should still give pleks and both kosts a few more games and things might start to click

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
ToysInTheAttic

A Kost and S Kost are much more valuable to this team than D'Ago, even while struggling. We know that AK46 especially, will put up the points when he breaks out of his funk.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
Against the hawks before skost was injured his line with pleks was doing a lot better.... i think we should still give pleks and both kosts a few more games and things might start to click
Yeah, probably, this line has great offensive potential, that's for sure. It's just that Akost seem to have no hockey sense at all, Pleks works very hard but has so much trouble with his confidence, and Skost... this kid is really talented, he has the hockey sense his brother seem to lack, but at the same time, he seem to have trouble keeping his focus...

Anyway, they're still young, and except from Plekanec, both Kost are in their sophomore... next season they'll probably be better, unless they get traded (which I wouldn't be against if it's for a single great player...).

And habhob, I don't know about that, D'Ago is young too, first season in the NHL, was on fire at the beginning, cooled down point wise as the season goes... but he's a better skater than either Kost, has good hands and a quick shot, and goes in the traffic. And while both Kost are more talented, they sure don't work harder than him.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn seems highly doubtful to play tomorrow, having been cut over the eye by a high stick last night on Long Island. But there are suggestions, too, that he could be a healthy scratch. Last time the Kostitsyn brothers' parents come to North America: Sergei was drilled into the boards and missed last night's game, and now Andrei is hammered.
LOL

Seriously this sucks, but he's been so bad recently it isn't a big blow to this team. I seriously hope he picks it up because he's so talented, but he's totally heartless right now. I'm hoping for the Sophomore Slump and it's probably that, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing right now. Hopefully he understands what he has to do and his line finally clicks.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I like this guy, but he needs to put more consistency in his effort. I'm not even talking about production, just effort. He's holding his stick funny, he doesn't handle the stick with his wrists, he handles it with his arms.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Kosti46

Another cheap shot to the head. A dirty hit. If you watch the replay it can be seen clearly that Tambellini brought his stick up and hit A. Kosti in the face. And for what? The Islanders had clearly already lost the game. They have no shot at the playoffs.

The league needs to start cracking down on all these dirty shots to the head. This is the 2nd time this year that A. Kosti has been hit by a dirty shot to the head. The shot on S. Kosti a few games back was a cheap shot also.

If any of you ever played hockey you know that you can play and 90 % of the time or more you NEVER hit any other player in the head with your elbow or your stick.
I played for years and NEVER ever hit another player in the head with my stick or my elbow. It can be avoided easily.

These dirty cheap shot artists need to be punished soon so this does not continue to injure skilled players.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote