HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Creepy hank picture lol

Old
04-05-2009, 10:33 AM
lebear
I have no idea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I wouldn't call Heineken a terrible beer in a thread where Bud Light hasn't taken any heat yet.

When my friends visited US, they found most of the big brands to be quite bad, Bud very much included. But among the locally brewed beers, they found some real gems. They were very surprised of how much local beer there was, even single bars having their own brewed beer.
of course, and there's a serious amount of excellent US brewed imperial stouts. Lager beer in general sucks.

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I wouldn't call Heineken a terrible beer in a thread where Bud Light hasn't taken any heat yet.

When my friends visited US, they found most of the big brands to be quite bad, Bud very much included. But among the locally brewed beers, they found some real gems. They were very surprised of how much local beer there was, even single bars having their own brewed beer.
Yup, local beers in the US are fantastic. I'm a huge fan of micro brews in the US. I always go out and try something different whenever I can. I also like a lot of British beers as well and some Canadian (although I haven't had a big sampling of Canadian.)

Of the big American Brewers only Sam Adams makes good beer. Heineken is garbage, although it is an import. Budweiser and all of their products are piss in a bottle, how most people in this country drink that garage baffles me.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Yup, local beers in the US are fantastic. I'm a huge fan of micro brews in the US. I always go out and try something different whenever I can. I also like a lot of British beers as well and some Canadian (although I haven't had a big sampling of Canadian.)

Of the big American Brewers only Sam Adams makes good beer. Heineken is garbage, although it is an import. Budweiser and all of their products are piss in a bottle, how most people in this country drink that garage baffles me.
Agree on bud.

Last time (and the last time!) I drank a Sam Adams, it tasted like somebody took a dump in my mouth. That beer was nasty.

Heineken is a safe choice.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:30 PM
KRM

Quote:

Only been over the pond once but yea that was my impression too, though I did find a Molson which was quite ok.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:55 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Agree on bud.

Last time (and the last time!) I drank a Sam Adams, it tasted like somebody took a dump in my mouth. That beer was nasty.

Heineken is a safe choice.
Sam Adams has some nasty beers (Cherry wheat anyone?), but most of them are pretty decent. I liked the brown ale and Boston lager

Heineken is the definition of average to me. No personality whatsoever.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I'm not a fan of Sam Adams and the fact that it's a Boston beer has nothing to do with it, lol. It's just too hoppy for my liking. I accidentally was served one in a bar once and it tasted like having a mouth full of wheat.

I do like Heineken however although it's not my favorite. Budweiser is too watered down for my liking although I'll drink it if that's all that's available.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote