HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I don't get the frustration

Old
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

vCash: 500
I don't get the frustration

Seriously, I cannot comprehend why so many of you are frustrated with this team. Take a look at the freaking roster -- we are OVERACHIEVING with this worthless lot!!! Just because we pay them a ****load of cash doesn't mean they're superstars.

We are nothing more than the Maple Leafs with a better goalie, yet we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

All of you should be ****ing ecstatic.

Deal with it.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
Seriously, I cannot comprehend why so many of you are frustrated with this team. Take a look at the freaking roster -- we are OVERACHIEVING with this worthless lot!!! Just because we pay them a ****load of cash doesn't mean they're superstars.

We are nothing more than the Maple Leafs with a better goalie, yet we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Deal with it.
Give it a rest, it's over.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Looks to me like this thread has its own decent amount of frustration.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Take a look at the freaking roster -- we are OVERACHIEVING with this worthless lot!!!
Nonsense. This team is loaded with offensive talent. It's Renney's system that's the problem. Keeps these players from reaching their potential.

On a more serious note, the team is .500 under Torts now, and that's pretty much what it is. They'll end the year a tad above .500 and crawl into the playoffs.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Nonsense. This team is loaded with offensive talent. It's Renney's system that's the problem. Keeps these players from reaching their potential.

On a more serious note, the team is .500 under Torts now, and that's pretty much what it is. They'll end the year a tad above .500 and crawl into the playoffs.
They aren't crawling anywhere.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
They aren't crawling anywhere.
We'll see. I think they'll manage to stay ahead of Florida. Mind you, at the beginning of the year I had them going in as a 6th seed, so this is disappointing.

Old
04-04-2009, 04:05 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
I just find it hard to be happy, let alone ecstatic, about the effort I saw today. If they had played hard, okay, but they did not.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
New coach same result, this team can't score. Now minus Antro? That makes things even worse..........I don't have a good feeling about any of this.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Cherepanisimov

If these players showed effort, we might be "ecstatic", but they don't. Why would we be thrilled with an effortless bubble team? The Isles blow, but their players try their hardest every game, and that is why its always a good game against them. I'd rather be a crappy team that gives it their all, than a borderline playoff team who doesn't give a ****.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
If these players showed effort, we might be "ecstatic", but they don't. Why would we be thrilled with an effortless bubble team? The Isles blow, but their players try their hardest every game, and that is why its always a good game against them. I'd rather be a crappy team that gives it their all, than a borderline playoff team who doesn't give a ****.
I can understand your viewpoint, & we can argue 'effort' all day long. The simple fact of the matter is this is as good as this team gets. Bring in Scotty Bowman & the Rangers will still be a bubble team, yet somehow us fans want them contending for 6th spot or something like that.

It just ain't reality, my friend.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
I can understand your viewpoint, & we can argue 'effort' all day long. The simple fact of the matter is this is as good as this team gets. Bring in Scotty Bowman & the Rangers will still be a bubble team, yet somehow us fans want them contending for 6th spot or something like that.

It just ain't reality, my friend.
Like 6th place is impossible? Come on, we led the league for the first month or two so we know this team CAN be good, they just don't care.

Old
04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
For the most this team is vanilla and lazy. It's hard to get behind them.

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Like 6th place is impossible? Come on, we led the league for the first month or two so we know this team CAN be good, they just don't care.
But as has been discussed ad nauseum, their position atop the league had everything to do with games in hand and shootout wins. As teams closed the gap in those areas, the Blueshirts lost their place in the standings.

I agree they can play better than they played today, but the team remains nothing more than "pretty good," maybe not even that. Personally I think they make the playoffs, but then they become fodder for a genuine competitor.

Old
04-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
it would be better if they were underachieving. then there would be hope at least that they would play up to standards. it's just a group of middling talent getting paid so that we can't afford anything better. if that's not cause for frustration, then what is?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
ThirdEye

I used to agree with the Toronto part... but they actually score much more than we do.

We are pretty much the only team in a playoff spot that doesn't have even one player capable of scoring a point per game... or even close to that. I'm still deciding whether or not I even want to see this team in the playoffs.. they are going to get killed.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Chris 84

I thought we'd be struggling to make the play-offs at the start of the season and we are. Not a great roster, but we should have enough to make it.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
But as has been discussed ad nauseum, their position atop the league had everything to do with games in hand and shootout wins. As teams closed the gap in those areas, the Blueshirts lost their place in the standings.
The Rangers started their season 7-0. We may have played more games played, but we were still undefeated, and I think only Boston was too. This is a team with good players that have proven that they can play great hockey. The only problem is the effort isn't there.

Old
04-05-2009, 09:51 AM
dedalus

Quote:
The Rangers started their season 7-0. We may have played more games played, but we were still undefeated, and I think only Boston was too.
Okay. I prefer my sample size to be larger than seven games. I think we've learned far more about this team in the other 70 games played, but if you want to say the first seven tell the whole story, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
This is a team with good players that have proven that they can play great hockey. The only problem is the effort isn't there.
I see at least two problems with this:
1. Some of those players - like Naslund - proved they could play great hockey several years ago. They simply aren't the players they once were.

2. It seems to me part of what makes a "good player" playing "great hockey" is effort. If the effort isn't consistently there, I must question how good the player really is or how great his game is.

Understand, I think this team is decent. Unlike what appears to be many, I think they'll make the playoffs, but I see little happening once there.

Old
04-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

We are nothing more than the Maple Leafs with a better goalie
Yea but the Leafs have a Hanson...a real life Hanson

04-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Block More Shots