HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey, Don't Resign Kovy !!

Old
04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GUYS

This has been said so often, but please you must learn!

resign=I no longer want to be a part of X
re-sign=get a new contract to sign

Get it write, because Gainey might resign at years end, and someone else may re-sign Kovalev!!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... :/ its right not write

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Carbo is not a player anymore. Any twit can come into a room and say to a team ''okay guys, work hard and we'll win''. Unfortunately for Carbo, coaching requires much more than a little pep talk saying it's all about hard work.

If you think that's all it takes then I can finally understand why you blame Kovalev all the time and defend Carbo.
yeah, asterix is a sheer genius, were playing great in LARGE part to kovy's 15 points in 6 games, which is SICKENING, and he keeps rbinging up carbo, who OBVIOUSLy lost the team and is now fired, ..this guy needs to seriously wake up and take a look around man, carbos one of the worst coaches ive ever seen in my life, and i doubt he would ever get another coaching job, and if he did, hes gonna struggle big tiiiime

and your right, any idiot can walk in a room and say "we have to work hard", but this carbo guy, just does not communicate, with anyone, he thinks things just happen

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-06-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... :/ its right not write
lol thanks, I am a complete buffoon!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Miller Time

Kovalev is playing fantastic right now, but as far as re-signing him next season and beyond, I'd still be more leaning to the "only if he takes a home-team discount".

If he's looking to cash in at market value on one last big contract, I say bye-bye, because his play down the stretch and into the playoffs, I hope , will surely be enough to tempt someone to give him

ideally, a one-year at a time type of relationship would likely be best for both sides (sort of what Sakic's been doing with the Av's), 1 year @ 4 to 4.5M$.

if he wants more years, then that cap hit needs to go down...
1 year- 4.5M
2 years- under 4M (2 yrs/7.5M)
3 years- under 3.5M (3yrs/10M)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:17 PM
LesHabsRock

I don't understand why everyone has to find something to complain about with this team even when things are going well. Those who believe that it's only because of Tanguay and Koivu that Kovalev is successful now or that Kovalev's assists are secondary type's of assists need to give their heads a shake. Give me a break.
Then why is it that Kovalev has more points than Tanguay or Koivu since that line has been assembled? Would it not be a more fair assessment to say that Koivu and Tanguay are benefitting more from Kovalev than Kovalev is from them? Regardless, that line feeds off one another. Heck, Gainey even double shifted Kovalev with the Lapierre line and he still produced. The fact remains that this team needs Kovalev right now and if I get the chance I do everything I can to re-sign him for next season.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
Sign Kovalev & Tanguay. Sign Lang for cheap. Acquire Lecavalier.
That + Beauchemin .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
That + Beauchemin .
Next year 1st lne

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Kovalev... Scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:57 PM
marc88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Kovalev should be the shoe-in for First star of the week...

Unles Sidney Crosby requests it, he hasn't got much media attention lately.
haha..so true

marc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
AlexC

I'm no expert either, but I'll give my opinion. It's not a logical one since no opinions are logical. When I judge people, I use my feelings. Anyone saying he uses logic or common sense when judging people is fooling everybody (including him).

I don't want to see him back. I would re-sign Saku before Kovy, but I'm not sure I want to see Saku back either. As much as it hurts me to admit that (I always loved Saku)

Reason ? Well twice the last three years the team collapsed like,.. like... well I don't know if there's a fair comparison. Not even the sens collapsed like that. And I can't even think about something worse than that.
I mean I'd prefer having a team full of crappy players like today's leafs than witnessing this BS of epic proportion another time.

Yes there were a third man in the picture. I'm glad Bob sent him home and is heading this team in the right direction. But you just can't put the blame on Carbo alone, just like you can't put the blame on Kovy (or anyone else) alone.

People say : see ! with the right coach, right centerman, and right left winger, Kovy is the best. For sure he is, but the problem is that plans never go the way they're ****in' drawn !

Next year maybe we'll have another coach, maybe not. But we'll have our fair share of players hurt again. Except Kovy. He's never hurt (**** me ! he should be the first !) but once again he will be as useless as a hurt player. Why ? Because the poor guy won't have his magic centerman (or left winger), the coach won't have a clue how to use him and psychiatric nurse Bob Gainey (another idea for photoshoped pictures ) will have to take him by the hand and calmly whisper in his hear "Come with me my big boy, we will cure this breakdown"

WTF is that ?

"The man is producing like he is paid". Oh yeah great ! He's paid $4 500 000 because at the time salary cap was $42 000 000. Had he signed his contract last year, he'd be in the $6 000 000 range...

I don't give a rat ass about his production now (or Saku's one). It's not when things are going well you judge people. It's when the Gods are against them. Flu, injuries, medias, any other stupid excuses... are just that. Excuses. Either you man up, either you fold.

Both folded. At least Saku doesn't need an psychiatric nurse to come back on track.
But Kovy... no thanks. No more mental breakdown, diva drama or anything related to artist mental disease please.

I know some people won't be with me. Well I'm not trying to convince anybody, since I know it's nearly impossible. I'm just giving my opinion and some food for thoughts

AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xKz View Post
I'm no expert either, but I'll give my opinion. It's not a logical one since no opinions are logical. When I judge people, I use my feelings. Anyone saying he uses logic or common sense when judging people is fooling everybody (including him).

I don't want to see him back. I would re-sign Saku before Kovy, but I'm not sure I want to see Saku back either. As much as it hurts me to admit that (I always loved Saku)

Reason ? Well twice the last three years the team collapsed like,.. like... well I don't know if there's a fair comparison. Not even the sens collapsed like that. And I can't even think about something worse than that.
I mean I'd prefer having a team full of crappy players like today's leafs than witnessing this BS of epic proportion another time.

Yes there were a third man in the picture. I'm glad Bob sent him home and is heading this team in the right direction. But you just can't put the blame on Carbo alone, just like you can't put the blame on Kovy (or anyone else) alone.

People say : see ! with the right coach, right centerman, and right left winger, Kovy is the best. For sure he is, but the problem is that plans never go the way they're ****in' drawn !

Next year maybe we'll have another coach, maybe not. But we'll have our fair share of players hurt again. Except Kovy. He's never hurt (**** me ! he should be the first !) but once again he will be as useless as a hurt player. Why ? Because the poor guy won't have his magic centerman (or left winger), the coach won't have a clue how to use him and psychiatric nurse Bob Gainey (another idea for photoshoped pictures ) will have to take him by the hand and calmly whisper in his hear "Come with me my big boy, we will cure this breakdown"

WTF is that ?

"The man is producing like he is paid". Oh yeah great ! He's paid $4 500 000 because at the time salary cap was $42 000 000. Had he signed his contract last year, he'd be in the $6 000 000 range...

I don't give a rat ass about his production now (or Saku's one). It's not when things are going well you judge people. It's when the Gods are against them. Flu, injuries, medias, any other stupid excuses... are just that. Excuses. Either you man up, either you fold.

Both folded. At least Saku doesn't need an psychiatric nurse to come back on track.
But Kovy... no thanks. No more mental breakdown, diva drama or anything related to artist mental disease please.

I know some people won't be with me. Well I'm not trying to convince anybody, since I know it's nearly impossible. I'm just giving my opinion and some food for thoughts
all that aside....i was on his ass too earlier in the year...but the more you look at the, the more obvious it is...we need him playing half boards on pp and we NEED him in PO's...the top pairing d are on him all the time which creates time and space...if we get him for a discount by all means keep his ass despite all the drama

most of us love alexei GOALvalev

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Lone Rogue

Alex Kovalev should re-sign for three reasons:

1. He'll have two Cup rings in the summer and will be a big reason why.
2. He's a superstar, even at an older age, who loves this team.
3. Maybe it will encourage a few people who claim to be Canadiens fans but actually hate the team but don't have the courage to find a new team to finally do so.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

WTF is that ?

Well..it's all good not to want Kovalev back, or Koivu. But we're going to need to replace them.

Speak for yourself if you prefer a team that looks like Toronto's. I'm pretty sure if you ask Wilson he'd rather have a team like the Habs.

I also love how the average fan thinks he knows everything about the players. Ah..they folded. So both of them gave up, they said bah..I had enough..I'll just ride it easy until summer. W T F do you know what they felt or thought??

Do you know how extremely annoying it is to play on a team where the only thing the coach knows how to do is talk to media about not knowing what to do and then puts a 4th liner on a 5-3 down by a goal. I speak from personal experience and when a coach seems confused/lost, it transpires onto his players. Which is exactly how we looked until the past 6Games.

And we're always quick to blame the same players here, but people seem to forget, Koivu/Kovalev/Tanguay/A.Kost/S.Kost/Plek/Higgins/Hamrlik/Gorges/Komisarek/Bouillon/Dandy/Begin/Laraque/Price and Halak all contributed in the downfall of our team. It's not like it's 1-2 excluded players. All of the players I mentioned had troubles with their play at some point this season and Carbo didn't seem to be doing much to help them. The only thing he kept doing was line changes instead of working with the players.

Carbo has a lot of learning to do. I was inclined to say he wasn't to blame for everything. But seeing the team Gainey inherited, it was a confused one taking bad on ice decision and very little vision, transform slowly into what we're seeing right now, a team structured with a lot more poise. It seems Carbo was a big part of the problem because he didn't teach anything.

It was also mind bottling how our coach couldn't give better faceoff techniques to our centermen, which was one of his specialties as a player.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
kevin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I would sign Kovalev before I resign Koivu.
I agree.

kevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Next Best Thing*

Gainey, re-sign Kovy!!!

(at a bargain, hopefully)

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
JudasPriced

Find a way to resign all three. Koivu, Tangs, and Kovy. Please!

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:18 AM
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Speak for yourself if you prefer a team that looks like Toronto's. I'm pretty sure if you ask Wilson he'd rather have a team like the Habs.

I also love how the average fan thinks he knows everything about the players. Ah..they folded. So both of them gave up, they said bah..I had enough..I'll just ride it easy until summer. W T F do you know what they felt or thought??
Well obviously I didn't choose the correct word. Sorry, english is not my natural language and I couldn't find a better one. Let just say they didn't fold, but the result was the same.

Also you're playing the average fan when stating RW would prefer coaching this team instead of the Leafs. WTF do you know what he's thinking ?

So we will need to replace them ? Maybe. I don't know. There's not one way to build a team. Here's what I'd do :

Sign Komi + Jbo + Bauchemin and create our own personnal version of the Great Wall of China :

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Jbo
Georges - Beauchemin

Sorry if I messed up positions, but you got the picture.

And for the offense, no ****in' french superstar, no "need a shrink" primadonna, I could'nt care less about a below average PP or half a million whining fanboys. Let them all whine, what's new anyway... Just bring me 3 3rd line and a 4th, they just need to score 1 more goal to win the game and it's not like it will be impossible with this defense + Carey.

Higgins - Pleks - AK
Lats - Lappy - SK
MaxPac - Dominic Moore (or maybe Saku) - d'Ago
Kosto - Stewart - Metro and Laraque for 4th mine duty

That's it. Kovy out

Old
04-06-2009, 06:30 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I would sign Kovalev before I resign Koivu.
and thats why you are sitting at home on a computer and Gainey is a General Manager of a hockey franchise.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Bialo Czerwoni

Wow thats just an awful lineup. First of all why the heck would Bouwmeester sign here when he probably would have a better team in FLA. He wants to win now and youre not going to win with Sergei, Andrei, Plekanec, Latendresse, Lapierre and Higgins as your top 6 forwards. Im not even sure Komisarek would be interested of staying here with that lineup. You would basically have the same lineup with less talent and we had a hard time getting in this year I dont even want to imagine what that would look like. Good luck trying to sign FA..
Gainey; Hey Marian we would like a top talent like you to play with us next year what do you say?
Hossa; Uhmm I dont know Bob.. who am I going to play with?
Gainey; With Lapierre and Sergei Kostitsyn.
Hello? Marian ..

Bialo Czerwoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Well obviously I didn't choose the correct word. Sorry, english is not my natural language and I couldn't find a better one. Let just say they didn't fold, but the result was the same.

Also you're playing the average fan when stating RW would prefer coaching this team instead of the Leafs. WTF do you know what he's thinking ?

So we will need to replace them ? Maybe. I don't know. There's not one way to build a team. Here's what I'd do :

Sign Komi + Jbo + Bauchemin and create our own personnal version of the Great Wall of China :

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Jbo
Georges - Beauchemin

Sorry if I messed up positions, but you got the picture.

And for the offense, no ****in' french superstar, no "need a shrink" primadonna, I could'nt care less about a below average PP or half a million whining fanboys. Let them all whine, what's new anyway... Just bring me 3 3rd line and a 4th, they just need to score 1 more goal to win the game and it's not like it will be impossible with this defense + Carey.

Higgins - Pleks - AK
Lats - Lappy - SK
MaxPac - Dominic Moore (or maybe Saku) - d'Ago
Kosto - Stewart - Metro and Laraque for 4th mine duty

That's it. Kovy out
You don't have to be a genius to assume any coach would rather be heading in the POs than finishing around 12th in East. The point is to win the Cup, so I think we can agree that's a fair assessment.

As for lineup for next season, I hope you're joking.
How much do you think Beauchemin will sign for?..nothing less than Komi that's for sure. So that's at least 4M.
You're willing to pay 4M to a Dman you see as a 5th-6th one??...And you say this with a straight face?..
You think Plekanec is a 1st line center league wide?..and Lappy a 2nd line one??...Are you nuts? Dominic Moore??..

SK/Plek/A.Kost/Higgins have all had a bad season overall, and you won't them to be leading our team next year??..What makes you think they'll be able to lead us anywhere??..They certainly didn't prove it this year.

Your veteran presence up front consists of Kosto/Metropolit and Laraque. Those are our 3 Forward veterans..
I understand you want to build a ''wall'' on D, but you investing more than 4M on a 5th D is ridiculous. Not to mention we have a pool of prospects that would help us save money.

Also, explain to me what will attract JayBo or Beauchemin here when you tell them our first line center had 39pts, and his wingers 40 and 22pts (so far with 4Games left).
That your 2nd line center had 28pts.

You're absolutely right, there's many ways to build a team, yours is clearly not one of them. Name me one team that won a cup or just went far in POs without a superstar or big impactful forward.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
AlexC

I have to admit that's an awful line-up.

Well I guess our fate is sealed. Kovalev is clearly a star, and given the state of this team we can't turn our back if he wants to come back.

Oh well... whatever... 2 more years of mental disorder. 6 years total. As they say, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Old
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I have to admit that's an awful line-up.

Well I guess our fate is sealed. Kovalev is clearly a star, and given the state of this team we can't turn our back if he wants to come back.

Oh well... whatever... 2 more years of mental disorder. 6 years total. As they say, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger
True...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote