HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Name your Top 3 Biggest Losers in the Montreal Media Thread

Old
04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Dr. Charles

vCash: 500
I know I'll get the "If you don't like it, don't read it" thing, but seriously, what's the point of a thread like this? Expressing our own jealousy about guys that are doing what everybody would do? Once now and then is all right... but it's seems like it's every other day.

Seriously, besides Benoit Brunet, who got to his incompetence point, every others are playing the role they have to play. For my part, I think any 12 years old can comment to Jacques Demers level. But I'd rather have Demers than this random guy no one cares about. Same for Le Tigre.

People often forget that controversies and entertainment is a huge part of this business.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
DiXEN8

can't believe nobody mentioned Stéphane Langdeau... he's awful

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan1818 View Post
Nobody wrote about Jean Pagé? Really? The guy is MADLY in love with is ''God of the stadium Kovalev'' and he keeps asking dumb questions on 110%.
thats who i was thinking of, the damn ****** and excuse for a human being, jean Page. Every time he opens his damn mouth i just feel like going on the show and just clubbing him on the head. Hes right up there with the tremblays, villeneuves, chantelois', bergerons, cretes and lajoies. The best in my opinion are gagnon, martin lemay and of course danny dube.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
So many to pick, so little choices...

3. Le Baron - IMHO he's some kind of useless parvenu that doesn't belong were he is. He knows next to nothing about hockey yet always has the strongest opinions (something that is common with ignoramuses). He makes me wish the expos still existed so he'd actually talk about something he knows and leave hockey alone.

2. Blanchard - I usually forget about him but his brutal article stating Ribeiro is some kind of modern Guy Lafleur puts him in second place. His particularily flamboyant irrational hate of Koivu helps him secure this place of choice in my hate list (until I forget about him again).

1. Rejean Tremblay - I think he's probably a consensus first round pick around here

Honorable mentions to Bergeron, Pednault (he sometimes writes decent articles but he annoyed me to no end with RDS. he's even worse on CBC) and JC Lavoie (irrational hate of Koivu and politics again). Ron Fournier can be annoying too but he's more of a character. I don't care about their opinions unless they strongly anchored on unverified facts and are blatant favoritism relative to language/ethnicity with the purpose of unjustly discrediting players (most likely to sell more papers ). Those who like to mix politics and sports get no love from me, its probably obvious by now
I boldly agree many will forget about this A-Hole cause he doesn't write to often. The mediocrity supass the number of article... good choice.

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
I know I'll get the "If you don't like it, don't read it" thing, but seriously, what's the point of a thread like this? Expressing our own jealousy about guys that are doing what everybody would do? Once now and then is all right... but it's seems like it's every other day.

Seriously, besides Benoit Brunet, who got to his incompetence point, every others are playing the role they have to play. For my part, I think any 12 years old can comment to Jacques Demers level. But I'd rather have Demers than this random guy no one cares about. Same for Le Tigre.

People often forget that controversies and entertainment is a huge part of this business.
It's called a bash thread - gives everyone a chance to vent their frustrations and to feel better about their inadequacies.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Newhabfan

My criteria - people that try to harm the Canadiens in the media directly, on purpose, to boost their ratings or for some personal agenda (see number 1). There are some who are worse but less visible (see the Blanchard guy) or others that are not corrupted to the bone (guys like JC Lajoie or Ron Fournier, no matter how stupid his comments are sometimes, are sold Habs fans and this makes the pain easier.

1. Rejean Tremblay

2. Michel Villeneuve

3. Michel Bergeron.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
My criteria - people that try to harm the Canadiens in the media directly, on purpose, to boost their ratings or for some personal agenda (see number 1). There are some who are worse but less visible (see the Blanchard guy) or others that are not corrupted to the bone (guys like JC Lajoie or Ron Fournier, no matter how stupid his comments are sometimes, are sold Habs fans and this makes the pain easier.

1. Rejean Tremblay

2. Michel Villeneuve

3. Michel Bergeron.
I think he hates the Habs and longs for his precious Nords.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
CarrePrisme

1a. Réjean Tremblay - his conspiracy theories about language makes me feel ashamed to french-canadian. he needs to find another profession.

1b. Le Baron - LOL

2. Jean-Charles Lajoie - don't care about what this guy says but rather how he says it. he's trying to sound witty and incisive but fails miserably. he's kinda like a subpar denis miller, which i'm no fan of.

3. Bertrand Raymond - I hate reading that guy, listening to him and just looking at him as well. I just can't stand him basically.

Honourable mentions to all those who can't speak properly and are just generally unfit for TV, including likeable hockey people like Demers. Is it so hard to find people who can articulate and present themselves properly? Does anyone take Norman "I dress two size too small" Flynn or Gaston "I look like your janitor" Therrien.

Sure you need people who know hockey, but it isn't rocket science either. In fact, I've heard more coherent opinions from drunk sports fans than from guys like Michel Bergeron who are supposedly in-the-know. Even if you're opinion is interesting, you have to formulate in a way that the viewer can understand wth you're saying. Besides, 90% of the time, they say the same stuff "Habs need to work 60 min! Habs need to [insert cliche] blah blah blah"

Someone mentionned Fred Plante. Sure he has that outdated wet look going (sooooul glooooooooooow) but the guy can speak and knows how to handle himself in front of cameras. I'm pretty sure he could "analyze" a game better than Brunet who can't even pronounce one word without skipping syllables.

Anyway, I just wished the press had more real journalists (ex: Francois Gagnon) and RDS hired professional media people (ex: Pierre Houde). Of course, I can keep on dreaming.

Last edited by CarrePrisme: 04-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.
CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:48 PM
fatmax

1st: Michel Villeneuve; Always thinks & believe that he's the best, takes a lot of credit for things he didn't say, he beleive he's omnipotent, call scoop when nothing happen, doesn't verufy is sources (remember Brad Richards to mtl...), he's really cocky and end up steeling a lot of work started by other people in the buisness (amateur de sports was animated by Mario langlois, Villeneuve replace him, Mario Langlois strated La Zone on SRC, now, who's in la Zone...

2nd: Réjean Tremblay, doesn,t know that much about hockey (good reporter thow), everything is realted to his soap opera "lance & compte", always right, generated hatered in the people for his racist (linguist) assesment, tendency to never stopping hate towards certain players, not vey objective... still frustrated by the fact that the media doesn't fly wiht tha players anymore!

3rd: Michel Bergeron; When the lock-out was over, stated that Markov was the worst hockey payer he evre saw, that he had no vision and so on because Markov was attemping some 2 line pass that weren't working at the start, still thinks things haven't change in 20 year, would coach the same way, he has a bigger tongue than his brain

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

1. Rejean Tremblay

2. Michel Villeneuve

3. Michel Bergeron.
There is a lot of dumb guys talking about hockey.

To know the thruth about what is going on, the only ones that I read/listen at are Réjean Tremblay, Mathias Brunet, Dany Dubé and Marc De Foy.

By definition, a fanatic is someone blinded by his beliefs. At least, there are some guys on which we can rely on to be something else than les Canadiens de Montréal' relationists.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Coldplay
Courage

1. Alain Chantelois LE BARON
2. Michel Bergeron
3. Dave Morrisette

Antichambre is fail.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Bullsmith

Franco:

Brunet
Le Baron
Jack *** Todd

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Chiyo
トラ・トラ・トラ

Another guy I can't stand and this was confirmed to me today while he was replacing Melnik on Team990, Ron Francis. Wow, this guy sure does babble a lot and it's freaking annoying! On the other hand, his son Rod is fine.

Another media figure I respect more and more is Elliot Freedman from the CBC. He does not specifically cover the Habs but what he has to say is of great value.

Chiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Mousepad*

Le Baron
Le Baron
Le Baron

Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post

People have the right to complain. We have good journalists when it comes to politics, music, movies, art and even other sports but when it comes to hockey, we just have some guys with biased opinion and who doesn't bring all the facts to the table. It sure that there are some good hockey journalists, but usually the morons tend to get more air time than the good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrePrisme View Post
3. Bertrand Raymond - I hate reading that guy, listening to him and just looking at him as well. I just can't stand him basically.
I can't stand him too.
The guy always looks mad. He's clearly the reincarnation of a pitbull or some ugly animal.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1. Alain Chantelois
2.Michel Bergeron
3.Jean-Charles "piece of ****" Lajoie

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I think I would make different categories for them...

The absolutely worst (could be included in many other categories below)

Réjean Tremblay (this guy lives in his fictions and sees plots everywhere... Basically, everything he knows about current hockey is there should be more Quebecers with the Habs. I agree with this, but come on, you can't make your whole journalist carreer just with one opinion on everything! Change the disc, please!)

Jean-Charles Lajoie (he's the Rush Limbaugh of hockey, a polemist who'll say anything for the sake of provoking and getting attention... His head is bigger than the Biosphère....)

Jean Pagé (he knows hockey as much as I know knitting)

Michel Beaudry (keep making jokes, please, sport isn't for you)

Those who loves themselves a little too much

Michel Villeneuve

Richard Labbé (am I the only one who feels like punching him everytime he talks?)

Pierre Rinfret (ANNOYING!!!)

Renaud Lavoie (he wants to be Yvon Pedneault so much... but he's not!)

Yvon Pedneault (but unlike the other ones, I respect his hockey knowledges and I think he does his job well)

The dumb ones (you can't blame them since they are not exactly Einstein

Jean Perron

Alain Chantelois

Don Cherry (he's a joke)

Ron Fournier (can't stand him)

Marc Bureau

Miscasted (wrong guy, wrong place)

Benoît Brunet (I like him as a person, but he's just not very good)

Gaston Therrien (oh please, it's so obvious he's not made for TV)

Normand Flynn (Normand who??)

Jean-Michel Dufaux (What the %$&#@& does this guy do in sport shows??? Does he know how much I don't %$&#@& care about his opinion??)

Mario Langlois (wow... I thought he was ok on R-C... That was until he started saying his opinion on TQS, and now he's a new Réjean Tremblay)

Dave Morrissette (maybe I'm a bit severe here, he's entertaining)

Those who should think about retiring

Michel Bergeron (same old disk all the time...)

Bertrand Raymond

René Pothier (but he's not too annoying at least)

Claude Quenneville (Thanks God, hockey is not back in Radio-Canada!)

Those who could be great if they were not feeling the need to stand behind their collegues mistakes

Marc de Foy (I don't dislike him)

François Gagnon (he fell a lot in my esteem when he repeated that "more stories will soon get known about the Habs players personal problems", without bringing anything to support this)

Guy Daoust

P.J Stock (sometimes good, sometimes bad)

My favorites!

Dany Dubé (he's the best, period)

Mathias Brunet (best writing journalist, as long as we forget about Marian Hossa's gloves and Brière not wanting to sign with Montreal because he would not play on the first line)

Michel Langevin (he's the wise voice in the jungle)

Joël Bouchard (or how to make hockey sounds funny)

Mario Leclerc (nothing wrong to say about him)

Luc Gélinas (ok, his English is laughable, but he's an honest journalist)

Enrico Ciccone

Pat Burns (well, his French his awful, but I like to hear him)

Alain Crête (he's not trying to steal the show)

Jacques Demers (how can you not like this guy?)

Stephan Lebeau, Éric Desjardins, Éric Fichaud, Bob Hartley, etc.

Great post!

But I would trade place between Renaud Lavoie and Luc Gélinas. I mean Renaud has some real scoops and he is doing a great job while Gélinas seems like a good guy but he doesn't bring much and always seems to add a word against the Kostitsyns in most of his interventions. Cmon Luc, hockey players don't always need to be your friends!

I agree that Morisette is pure entertainement. Hitting, fighting or taking a penalty are awesome plays! Scoring a goal or making a great pass are average play. Defending a teamate is the best play a hockey player can make, even if his actions deserves a five games suspension.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

This thread is rolling pretty good

I like to take a moment to bash reporters that are trying SO HARD for the BIG SCOOP on the Markov and Schneider injuries...

I mean, why not let the Habs run their tests and evaluations before breaking news that Schneider is out for the season?

I mean now there are reports that he is on the plane to play in New York? what the hell?

Don't break false news here.......

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Slick Nick

I actually like Lajoie most of the time. Maybe it's because he's one of the only french media members that can actually speak french. He's a good entertainer and seems to have pretty good hockey knowledge... and when you have 3 hours of air time (+TV) a day/5 days a week, you will definitly piss some people off or be wrong on a subject... what I dislike though, is that I have the feeling that he's acting a lot for his audience and some times takes positions only to please them, while ignoring other positions that might be impopular...

Baron and Réjean are definitly the two I hate the most. Retards.

Marc de Foy and Mathias Brunet are by a mile the best french journalists IMO.

Réjean King, Godin and Bégin from La Presse are pretty good aswell. Villeneuve and his crew on SRC aredoing a fine job, except for Lebeau and the ex goalie.

The rest is average.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote