HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov : 3 weeks? , Schneider: with team on road trip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
  #101
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...6-1500673.html

Le depisteur is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:53 PM
  #102
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ron Fournier just said it.

What the? Maybe Schneider is gonna try it out and see if he can play with pain.
isn't it a shoulder injury?

If so, I'm assuming we can say bye-bye to the big shot from the point.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
  #103
Rockomax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mtl
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
at least there is hope

Rockomax is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
  #104
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals
 
Mise en echec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Maybe this whole injury debacle was just a joke.. Do they know that April 1st is long past?

Mise en echec is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
  #105
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ron Fournier just said it.

What the? Maybe Schneider is gonna try it out and see if he can play with pain.
Most likely for moral support and "mentorial" role for the young d's that need to step up. I seriously doubt he'll be suiting it up.

m00ks is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
  #106
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
So if it turns out to be that rds was wrong and they come back, can we go kick the **** out of the rds crew?

overlords is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:57 PM
  #107
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
What did Bob Gainey have to say about the injuries during the Post Game Press Conference??
When asked to confirm Markov missing 3 weeks and the possibility that Schneider's season is over he said, "No..... No I can't..."

Belso is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 09:57 PM
  #108
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
lol ya he's on the trip...he's part of the team and will be there for support...he's just not going on vacation to the Bahamas and leave his teammates with 3 games to go in the season!

NHLcrazy is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
  #109
Zorf
Registered User
 
Zorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,191
vCash: 500
The similarities between the Habs of this season and the Sens of last season are starting to be astounding. Both teams started the season with rocket boosters up their behinds, played like gang-busters, then fizzled near the end of the season.
The Habs, unlike the Sens last year, have started to pick it up again, but, just like Ottawa last year, you guys lose two KEY players right before the playoffs.

Also, I have no doubt that if you guys do make it to the playoffs, both Markov and Schneider will play. Granted, there is next to nothing with regards to the status of both players, but, if the team can pull up their socks for the next 3 games, the week off will probably do wonders for the two.

You do have to admit that the similarities are getting creepy. Hey! At least you guys don't have to ride Gerber!

Zorf is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
  #110
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
We have to call Weber up.. Otherwise we are done..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
  #111
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harf View Post
The similarities between the Habs of this season and the Sens of last season are starting to be astounding. Both teams started the season with rocket boosters up their behinds, played like gang-busters, then fizzled near the end of the season.
The Habs, unlike the Sens last year, have started to pick it up again, but, just like Ottawa last year, you guys lose two KEY players right before the playoffs.

Also, I have no doubt that if you guys do make it to the playoffs, both Markov and Schneider will play. Granted, there is next to nothing with regards to the status of both players, but, if the team can pull up their socks for the next 3 games, the week off will probably do wonders for the two.

You do have to admit that the similarities are getting creepy. Hey! At least you guys don't have to ride Gerber!
This is all thanks to the Maple Laughs and the Crapbosky punk.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
  #112
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 1549
We need two offensive D stat! We should call up Weber for the PP. And PK Subban anyone??? I don't see any other way to win games.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
  #113
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
So if it turns out to be that rds was wrong and they come back, can we go kick the **** out of the rds crew?
Yes. Even if they are right.

Garo is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
  #114
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
this sounds strangely ..like slippery Ron's story of cops waiting to take certain habs to jail...

emb24* is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
  #115
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Am I the only who has little hope to see one of Markov or Schneider with the team tomorrow?

I hope it's Markov...

habs1988 is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
  #116
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
We have to call Weber up.. Otherwise we are done..
This would be the right thing to do but there are two problems:
First, they have used up the callups. Julien BrisBois said recently they had two left, the habs have called up Sergey and Janik since. Second, BG is not known to throw inexperienced guys at a critical stretch. He has been going with experience lately and when Saku went down against Carolina a few years ago, he declined to use AK46. Steve Begin - believe it! - was playing on the first line.
As for Weber, he is the only one available right now who can actually help the team, absolutely agree with you but don't hold your breath.

Locks is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
  #117
Zorf
Registered User
 
Zorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
This is all thanks to the Maple Laughs and the Crapbosky punk.
Another similarity!! Alfie and Fisher were both injured against the Leafs last year.

Zorf is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
  #118
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
this sounds strangely ..like slippery Ron's story of cops waiting to take certain habs to jail...
I'd doubt it. Probably Martin Mcguire or Dany Dubé sent him a message when they saw him on the plane.

Hermamoud is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
  #119
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
If he's actually making the trip then it's more than just moral support. I have no idea what his injury is but it sounds like something that he could possibly play through and hold off surgery for a while. Maybe he can't raise his right arm over his head, but he can still skate, pass he puck and take a slapshot. Maybe certain movements hurt like hell but if he can deal with the pain... why not. Is this actually confirmed though? Him going to NY?

Ross MacLochness is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
  #120
TheHMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Not to troll, but this is very similar to what happened with Ottawa last year. The team was improving and things were looking up... Then we played the last game with Toronto and Mark Bell took out the knees of Alfredsson and Fisher, two of our best PK guys. Chris Kelly was also out a couple games earlier, he also plays on the PK.

Then the Pens promptly destroyed Ottawa on the PP and scored something like 60% of their goals on the man advantage. Not good to lose people, but it REALLY hurts when you loose people who play special teams in the playoffs.

EDIT: I see this was posted earlier. The parallels are very spooky though. I do not predict good things to come

TheHMan is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
  #121
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
is schnedier originally from new york????

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
  #122
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
If he's actually making the trip then it's more than just moral support. I have no idea what his injury is but it sounds like something that he could possibly play through and hold off surgery for a while. Maybe he can't raise his right arm over his head, but he can still skate, pass he puck and take a slapshot. Maybe certain movements hurt like hell but if he can deal with the pain... why not. Is this actually confirmed though? Him going to NY?
As per CKAC it is. They also say Markov's injury might not be as severe.

HH is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
  #123
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Moral support im guessing? Can he maybe just step in on the powerplay, let er' rip, and get back to the bench?

Beaker is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
  #124
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Moral support im guessing? Can he maybe just step in on the powerplay, let er' rip, and get back to the bench?
MMmmm..doubt it! I mean, the rumor is that Schneider needs a surgery. He wouldn't be part of the trip if he needs a surgery.

habs1988 is offline  
Old
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
  #125
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Gainey probably showed Schneider tapes of him playing with both of his shoulders separated and told him to suck it up.

Hermamoud is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.