HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Win Tommorow

Old
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
MM425

vCash: 500
Win Tommorow

For all the drama queens out there:

If we beat the Rags tommorow, we clinch a playoff spot. Simple as that. It's not all doom and gloom.

Frankly if this team can't face some adversity and get up for a game this big than they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Quit the whining and CHEER THE HABS ON!

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
So simple in theory, but then you look at our lineup, the goalie we have to face, and the building we have to play in...I prefer to think of it as realism, not pessimism.

Edit: forgot the kicker, second half of a back to back with travel...always fun

Last edited by hototogisu: 04-06-2009 at 09:43 PM.
hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Clumsyhab

Yes, now that 4th place is out of reach, play tomorrow's game like it is a Game 7 Stanley Cup finals and "rest" the stars in the final 2 games by playing less than 15 minutes per game.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Ya, ok.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
GoodKiwi

Let's bag those animals!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:36 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Doesn't matter how we win.

- Rangers can't score
- Rangers are average on defense
- Get pucks to the net, forecheck hard.
- Winning gets us the X besides Montreal

GET IT DONE!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Ado*

I'd still rather play the caps than the devils

Ado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Stradale

I hope Carey Price will play tomorrow.

A. Kostitsyn needs to play!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:38 PM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So simple in theory, but then you look at our lineup, the goalie we have to face, and the building we have to play in...I prefer to think of it as realism, not pessimism.
Lunquvist usually plays poorly against us and the Rangers in general have been playing very poorly as of late.

More optimism: Us gaining a point plus a Florida loss clinches a spot for us as well.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Very simple like a couple of years ago when we went in New York with 2 games left and all we needed was 1 point,we all know the rest

I wanna be positive but no Markov= very early golfing season!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Stradale

Go FLYERSSSSSSS!!!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Clumsyhab

I'm watching 110% and Antichambre and funny thing is that the only journalist that realizes that Habs would clinch tomorrow with a win is Denis Casavant (baseball journalist). All the other morons Langevin, JC Lajoie, Marc Bureau, Bergeron, Demers, Morisette and Gaston Therrien still clueless about that.

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 04-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old
04-06-2009, 09:43 PM
yoteshot

When is Bouillon due back?

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Craig71

We can beat the Rangers,, everyone relax, hockey is as much about lucky bounces as it is about talent, loosing markov is devastating but all teams have this happen, we have to adjust, someone else has to step up botton line. We need some scoring from PLEKS and we need it now, no more time to say maybe tomorrow, do it now damn it.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
This should give you hope........Montreal loses to New York.....now 1 point up........Florida loses to Philadelphia still 3 points up....all have two games left

Montreal loses in Boston.......Rangers win....New York now 1 point up...Montreal is now in 8th place......Florida beats Atlanta Montreal is 1 point up in 8th place

Florida now has to defeat Washington which could be tough and Montreal has to defeat Pittsburgh at home, but if Florida loses to Washington....it won't matter

If Montreal ties or wins in New York....it will make it that much tougher to catch them.....8TH place is a better spot and play the Bruins.....Avoid New Jersey and Washington......

Do you feel more optimistic now......should be able to win one more and if they don't...playoffs are a waste of time...cause you gotta win a must game to survive as a matter of fact you have to win 4 games....two on the road.....whats the point of making it only to be gone in a few days.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Raider917

just making the playoffs wasnt my hope before today started. whether the Canadiens make it or not(im pretty sure they will) the playoffs are going to be very short lived without Markov.

They should call up Weber cause what is there to lose now? Brisebois and O'byrne cant be better than Weber.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
BigTimer*

I love how the culmination of Gainey's "5" year plan and the centennial is not a playoff run, but rather a run to merely make the playoffs. We have all the right in the world to be "drama queens", as you so eloquently put it.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
just making the playoffs wasnt my hope before today started. whether the Canadiens make it or not(im pretty sure they will) the playoffs are going to be very short lived without Markov.

They should call up Weber cause what is there to lose now? Brisebois and O'byrne cant be better than Weber.
O'byrne I agree, but as much as I'm not a fan of Breezer, you can't say a guy with 1 NHL career game better than one with 1000+.

Old
04-06-2009, 09:50 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Apr 7 - @ NY Rangers
If we win that game we are in
I said this a week ago

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
O'byrne I agree, but as much as I'm not a fan of Breezer, you can't say a guy with 1 NHL career game better than one with 1000+.
but giving that guy experience is better than seeing brisebois any more than i have to.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
We can beat the Rangers,, everyone relax, hockey is as much about lucky bounces as it is about talent, loosing markov is devastating but all teams have this happen, we have to adjust, someone else has to step up botton line. We need some scoring from PLEKS and we need it now, no more time to say maybe tomorrow, do it now damn it.
teams lose a D-man, Ill agree to that, but when you lose a norris candidate, its tough. and on top of the norris candidate, you lose another one of you top D...your in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
This should give you hope........Montreal loses to New York.....now 1 point up........Florida loses to Philadelphia still 3 points up....all have two games left

Montreal loses in Boston.......Rangers win....New York now 1 point up...Montreal is now in 8th place......Florida beats Atlanta Montreal is 1 point up in 8th place

Florida now has to defeat Washington which could be tough and Montreal has to defeat Pittsburgh at home, but if Florida loses to Washington....it won't matter

If Montreal ties or wins in New York....it will make it that much tougher to catch them.....8TH place is a better spot and play the Bruins.....Avoid New Jersey and Washington......

Do you feel more optimistic now......should be able to win one more and if they don't...playoffs are a waste of time...cause you gotta win a must game to survive as a matter of fact you have to win 4 games....two on the road.....whats the point of making it only to be gone in a few days.
I rather take my chances with Washington who has no goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post

+1
I feel the same exact way

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Fans piss me off.

We go on a little run, optimism is there, fans are getting excited...one loss and some injuries and people write the season off.

Words cannot explain how much I HATE the Canadiens fanbase. Like, a good 80-90 percent of it. Even my buddies that I talk to on a regular basis.

It's called adversity. Hurts our chances, yes, but don't write the season away. If we can hold the fort it's very likely that Markov will be back in time to make a difference. Schneidy is replaceable as long as one or two guys step up (Dandy can move back on D, someone can fill in on the PP, ect..).

To be honest the emergence of a top line improved our PP more than Schneider did.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
NHLcrazy

Hell if we manage to get 1 point we should be great shape...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
m00ks

Well, at least it'll be one hell of a game tomorrow. The Habs should come in as heavy underdogs and anything short of a desperate effort should be unforgivable.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Hell if we manage to get 1 point we should be great shape...
We would have to win tomorrow anyways. We would clinch with a win vs Rags, regulation or OT.