HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT Kings @ Flames

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames MVP?
Jarome Iginla 5 31.25%
Micheal Cammalleri 6 37.50%
Miikka Kiprusoff 3 18.75%
Other: Post why and who 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
PGT Kings @ Flames

Third Period
The third was even more Flames style hockey. excellent hits and some superb pressure down low. During the four on four play Vandermeer walks in Crosses the front of the net and bounces the puck into the net off of Johnsonís stick to put the Flames ahead by two . Shortly after yet another pathetic power play (Iíll get to that shortly) the Flames continued to press the attack when Conroy made a beautiful pass to Moss who dipsy doodled with the puck, pulled Ersburg out of position and found the back of the net to put this game out of reach for the Kings. Pelech ended the game with a jarring hit on Boyle, who took exception and dropped the gloves with Pelech, but that fight was pretty tame compared to the tilt in the first that had Peters and Simmonds beat each other soundly.
As I mentioned the power play was pathetic. Again the Flames had three chances, two of which were part of yet another five on three and again they just couldnít get anything to happen. Little to no zone penetration, lethargic puck movement and it wasnít until the last five seconds of the second penalty of the five on three that the Flames managed a shot that looked halfway dangerous. I have no idea why a team with this sort of powerful offense can not get anything done on the man advantage but this simply must be addressed. I feel it may be too late in the season for that though as there are only three games left.

Overall Impressions
The Flames started slow, but gathered momentum right though the final seconds. The big line stepped up and our stars did exactly what they are paid for. Iginla and Cammalleri took this game in their hands and Kiprusoff made certain that this game ended up firmly in the win column. Now if only the power play wasnít so abysmal.

Three Stars By Me
1. Jarome Iginla
2. Micheal Cammalleri
3. Miikka Kiprusoff
HM: Jim Vandermeer with his first goal as a Flames and David Moss for his twentieth of the season.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Huge win tonight for the Flames to take their destiny into their own hands. Our PP is still a joke, but at least the offense has started to click.

The Defense looked good in the absence of Regehr and Sarich.

Congrats to Moss on his 20th goal, and Pelech on his first NHL point.

This win should do wonders for their confidence, going into Vancouver for the biggest game of the year. I'm assuming should the Flames win tomorrow to take the Division, Kiprusoff will get the last two games off to rest and McElhinney will see the last two starts against the Oilers.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:42 PM
getoverit

Yep they got to be feeling better about themselves. I thought that was one of Squids best games, he competed hard and didnt sit and wait for the pass
Congrats to Pellech for his first NHL point and to Vandermeer for first goal as a flame!
Nice to see #22 back on the scoresheet Ollies game was the worst I have seen as a flame so hopefully he has a better game tomorrow. Powerplay was dismal, but good penalty kill. One thing at a time and a W in the win column is all that matters.

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Miikka as MVP for me. He held the Flames in it when the game was still close. The Flames have got to feel good about themselves after that win. Feeling good about your team a few games before the playoffs is exactly what we want. Also, I'm really loving Pelech. He and Pardy have been nice little surprises on the backend and maybe we'll see Negrin or even Aulie join 'em in the next couple of years.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:47 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

I thought this was the first game since Langkow's return where he looked 100% and played like his usual self. He was going hard to the net, getting in those dirty areas, etc.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Grannys

Very good game and a much needed win. The whole team came together and even though the two 5on3 situations didnt pay off, the Flames kept crashing the net.

My oh my, tomorrow nights game will be one crazy game!!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Treliving The Dream

Besides the Power Play, the Flames played a good game. Iggy and Langkow were our best forwards tonight IMO. Peters had a nice fight.

Pelech looks really good. I'd like to see him on the team full-time next season.

Tomorrow night is huge!

Go Flames Go!

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:27 AM
GoFlames

I voted for Iggy but I really was going to vote other and explain it as the Defence unit. Pelech looks real good and maybe these young prospects will force Sutter's hand in the off season.

I am glad for a good feeling game except for the PP. Bottom line they won and the PK was outstanding as we have seen most of the season.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Lunatik*

Conroy for MVp last night and the season

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
sonetlumiere

good game last night with exception to the powerplay, or lack-thereof,
with great efforts coming from iggy, cammy and the whole third line (including d).

dont know if its the reduced playing time or what have you, but conroy's been a beast these past few games, and why he doesnt have the A over phaneuf is beyond me. he exemplifies exactly what this team is all about; hard work, dedication and above all else, a will to win. honorable mention also goes out to aucoin, pardy, vandermeer and pelech as they all played great defensively sound games last night.

gotta give the faithful their props too, as it was the best atmosphere ive seen in the dome all season.

now onto gm place and solidifying our spot atop the northwest!

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
special_loob

my vote went out to vandermeer. i think he really stepped up and played a solid all around game in the absence of sarich and regehr. his effort was really important for a D with 3 regulars out and aucoin probably at 50%.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Northern Neighbour

Cammalleri - he had his best game in a very long time. Best Flame on the ice last night IMO.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Good solid game by the flames last night. Was fun to be at the dome again.

Great to see Moss get the 20th of the season. He had been snakebitten ever since he get that hattrick, but he finally got it. Good for him. Cammy's best game in a long time. Good to see him reunited with Iggy and show that chemistry again. Just a great game from him. Hopefully Keenan will keep them together now.

Vandermeer! Wow nice play on his goal. Fortunate bounce but nice to see him going to the net and getting his first goal as a flame. He's really stepped up with the injuries we've had. Thought Pelech was solid in his 8 minutes of icetime. Physical, got his first point on a great breakout pass and had a good fight. I really like him and always have. He's going to turn out to be a great player for this team.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
BoUcHeR_1

I like what i've seen of the third line. Cammaleri plays a strong game and it's my MVP

Let's do some work on our PP and beat the canucks !

BoUcHeR_1 is offline   Reply With Quote