HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 80: Calgary @ Vancouver. This is what we play for.

Old
04-07-2009, 11:44 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
i already said they're bitter tears lol, of course they are.
the game was completely backwards, we should have won by that score.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:45 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY View Post
The Flames just couldn't score on Luongo tonight. If that was any other goalie in the league, the Flames would have won in a blow-out.

And if the Flames had any kind of clue or more importantly, urgency on the PP, they could have had a good chance to wrap up the Division tonight. If's don't get you wins.

What bugs me now is that tomorrow we're gonna hear all about how they put forth such a good effort. At this point in the season and in the position the Flames were in tonight, results >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> effort. We keep hearing about how this team controls their own destiny yet all we see them do is piss away valuable opportunities to do so.

Never have I wanted to punch a player in the face as I did Phaneuf tonight, watching him float around on that PP (when he missed the pass from Kiprusoff as he was skating by admiring the ice). And seriously could Bertuzzi skate any slower?

Sorry for the rant, but this loss put me in a sour mood.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:48 PM
BleedCanucks

Good try by the Flames but Luongo played all-world tonight. But I feel little sympathy, as the 'Nucks should have won in Edmonton on Saturday by the same token.

BleedCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
And if the Flames had any kind of clue or more importantly, urgency on the PP, they could have had a good chance to wrap up the Division tonight. If's don't get you wins.

What bugs me now is that tomorrow we're gonna hear all about how they put forth such a good effort. At this point in the season and in the position the Flames were in tonight, results >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> effort. We keep hearing about how this team controls their own destiny yet all we see them do is piss away valuable opportunities to do so.

Never have I wanted to punch a player in the face as I did Phaneuf tonight, watching him float around on that PP (when he missed the pass from Kiprusoff as he was skating by admiring the ice). And seriously could Bertuzzi skate any slower?

Sorry for the rant, but this loss put me in a sour mood.
Supposedly, he's injured - lower body, probably an ankle injury.

Flames lost this game because of their PP and nothing else. I expect everyone to see Kipper's stats and blame him, but he played well and made the big saves when needed. If the PP could actually do something, the flames could have easily won.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
RJC

it's not quantity its quality.

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Abonics

The flames inability to convert on the PP is disgusting. 0 for the last ever it feels like. No creativity, no desperation, no conversion when they finally get a chance. I can't believe how long this has been going on for, and it just seems to continue getting worse

Abonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Treliving The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Bitter tears....common you guys complain we are tooquiet then you complain we are too loud...
I'm not complaining that Canucks fans are "too loud". All I'm saying is the Luuuuu thing is really stupid. I could see if he made a great save, but when a guy misses the net, it's just beyond stupid.

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Macke*

Looking like a very quick playoff exit if the Flames lose the division.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:01 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abonics View Post
The flames inability to convert on the PP is disgusting. 0 for the last ever it feels like. No creativity, no desperation, no conversion when they finally get a chance. I can't believe how long this has been going on for, and it just seems to continue getting worse

The PP is no longer a problem, it's an ongoing joke now. Like you said, no creativity, desperation or communication. Our 5-on-3 actually looks worse than our 5-on-4. Just more room to pass the puck, I guess.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 04-08-2009 at 12:07 AM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Treliving The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
Looking like a very quick playoff exit if the Flames lose the division.
How is that? Because the Flames couldn't score on one of the best goaltenders in the world tonight?

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Grannys

Oh well... the flames played well and they are still in the running for the NW. Bring on Edmonton!!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Grannys

Quote:
How is that? Because the Flames couldn't score on one of the best goaltenders in the world tonight?
Hes good but not that good... any decent goalie would up their game if they were Loungos size and had his Michelin man pads. Maybe we should sign a blue wale and that wale could just lay on top of the goal, then no one would score cause there would be no goal to score on.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Buttonwood
$$$

vCash: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
Hes good but not that good... any decent goalie would up their game if they were Loungos size and had his Michelin man pads. Maybe we should sign a blue wale and that wale could just lay on top of the goal, then no one would score cause there would be no goal to score on.
Easy there. Luongo's good, really good.

That said tonight he was hot, really hot. It would take an extraordinary effect for him to sustain that play over an entire playoff series though. It was one game, good goalies can steal games.

I say we move on and take care of our own business and let the chips fall where they may in the playoffs.

Buttonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
Quote:
Not that i agree with you, but how about this one for the flames

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:11 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli92 View Post
It would take an extraordinary effect for him to sustain that play over an entire playoff series though. It was one game, good goalies can steal games.
1.77 GAA and .941 SV% in 12 games... He sustained that kind of play for more than one playoff series.

04-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
That is a pretty WEAK argument. The guy has a ridiculous amount of skill and it's not like he wears over sized pads, they're regulation. Ask MacT, he got them measured.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:32 AM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
is the "luuuuuu" really necessary, canuck fans? =/

man i'm in a sour mood now.
God forbid home fans cheer for their team.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
That one hurts. Thought they really played well and they come out firing. Luongo was on his game tonight and the flames just couldn't beat him. First line looked great and easily the best game from all three of them in a long time, but they just couldn't finish. Continue playing like that though and it'll start going in. No doubt about that. Kipper played well for the most part. Definetly can't fault him tonight.

What else can I say about the PP. It's all been said already, but come on boys let's get it going. I just don't get it anymore and I'm tired of talking about and complaining about.

Like someone else said at this time of year we need results and not effort. Didn't get that tonight despite the good effort. Feels like a lost opportunity for sure. I just really hope the flames can win the next two against the Oilers and get the division.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
You may have a point if the Flames hasnt played like **** in the last month

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
That one hurts. Thought they really played well and they come out firing. Luongo was on his game tonight and the flames just couldn't beat him. First line looked great and easily the best game from all three of them in a long time, but they just couldn't finish. Continue playing like that though and it'll start going in. No doubt about that. Kipper played well for the most part. Definetly can't fault him tonight.

What else can I say about the PP. It's all been said already, but come on boys let's get it going. I just don't get it anymore and I'm tired of talking about and complaining about.

Like someone else said at this time of year we need results and not effort. Didn't get that tonight despite the good effort. Feels like a lost opportunity for sure. I just really hope the flames can win the next two against the Oilers and get the division.

I completely agree. The Flames were clearly the better team last night, but Luongo was tremendous, the team made key mistakes at crucial times (especially the parade to the penalty box in the last 10 minutes of the game), and the PP let the team down once again.

The PP right now is way too predictable and stagnant. The team is setting up for the point shot or Cammalleri is going to shoot from a bad angle. The team needs more movement and crisper, quicker passes. The Flames aren't doing enough to make the PKers move, which leads to easy penalty kills. If the PP remains this bad, there's no way the team will advance far in the playoffs.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
1.77 GAA and .941 SV% in 12 games... He sustained that kind of play for more than one playoff series.
I think the point is that it will be difficult for Luongo - or any goaltender - to maintain his high level of play if he faced up to 50 shots each game in a playoff series. He'll eventually wear down.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Bitter tears....common you guys complain we are tooquiet then you complain we are too loud...
that is rich coming from a fan base that is still whining about their starting goaltender being out for a couple months... and to a less extent their injuries last season... and lets be honest here... the Flames fans have a right to be bitter... the Flames dominated this game without 3 very key players... and keep in mind most of our bitterness is about not putting the puck in the net...

and lets be honest here... the whole Luuuuu thing on every save is ****ing annoying

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
that is rich coming from a fan base that is still whining about their starting goaltender being out for a couple months... and to a less extent their injuries last season... and lets be honest here... the Flames fans have a right to be bitter... the Flames dominated this game without 3 very key players... and keep in mind most of our bitterness is about not putting the puck in the net...

and lets be honest here... the whole Luuuuu thing on every save is ****ing annoying
exactly. i have no problem with home fans cheering for their team. but seriously, how many shots did the flames have? and how many saves did luongo have? and did EVERY SAVE really deserve a ****ing "luuuuuuuu"? like come on, good saves are one thing, but not when iginla misses the damn net.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli92 View Post
Easy there. Luongo's good, really good.

That said tonight he was hot, really hot. It would take an extraordinary effect for him to sustain that play over an entire playoff series though. It was one game, good goalies can steal games.

I say we move on and take care of our own business and let the chips fall where they may in the playoffs.
this^^

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

My analysis of the game: Both teams played amazing. Calgary got way more shots and scoring chances but the Canucks (yes, my team) clearly had the best player on the ice last night.

To the Flames fans who are saying they should have won and they are the better team, ****. Do you know how many times Kipper has robbed us from victories we shoulda stormed away with? It goes both ways... We both have great goalies, tonight ours was better and that was the deciding factor here.. Although I do beleive Kipper played a great game.

Anyways that game was mad entertaining... And I sure hope we don't see you guys in the playoffs for BOTH of our sakes. Whoever wins is gonna be so ****ing tired after haha.. I dunno how they'd play another series after. I guess we can all just hope Chicago eliminates you guys Haha..

Anyways... gg...

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote