HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hab Injuries This Year Tally

Old
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Hab Injuries This Year Tally

Okay so lets just outline all the Habs injuries this year to make us feel less bad. This is off the top of my head so feel free to copy paste and edit my list, or change it to games missed cuz of injury.

Higgins: 3 months
A Kostitsyn: 1 month
BGL: 4 months
Komisarek: 2 months
Dandy: 3 months
Tanguay: 3 months
Koivu: 1 month
Lang: 3 months
Markov: 1 month
Schneider: 1 month+
Price: 1 month
Bouillon: 3 months

From what I can tell we've had virtually all our key players except Kovalev and Hammer injured for significant periods, such that I don't think we've ever had a full lineup this year. Our problems this year are less of a product with the actual team play in my mind and more a product of rotten luck when it comes to injuries. Your Thoughts?

Last edited by HockeyF3ind: 04-07-2009 at 09:13 PM.
HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
MonacoBlue

The season from hell...somebody probably broke like 12 mirrors in the Bell Centre during the summer

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
mbison7

it was foreshadowed during preseason when half our lineup was out with groin injuries.

mbison7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:36 PM
TheCH*

When was Andrei Kostitsyn injured for a month? Never.
Markov has only missed 1 game(so far), same with Schneider.

Those numbers are all inflated to make us look more decent then we are to be in the position we are right now.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Okay so lets just outline all the Habs injuries this year to make us feel less bad. This is off the top of my head so feel free to copy paste and edit my list, or change it to games missed cuz of injury.

Higgins: 3 months
A Kostitsyn: 1 month
BGL: 4 months
Komisarek: 2 months
Dandy: 3 months
Tanguay: 3 months
Koivu: 1 month
Lang: 4 months
Markov: 1 month
Schneider: 1 month+
Price: 1 month
Bouillon: 4-5 months

From what I can tell we've had virtually all our key players except Kovalev and Hammer injured for significant periods, such that I don't think we've ever had a full lineup this year. Our problems this year are less of a product with the actual team play in my mind and more a product of rotten luck when it comes to injuries. Your Thoughts?
so technically we wasted a 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounder
yay!

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
yay!
Not to mention ruining our chances at a higher pick in the process

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post

Those numbers are all inflated to make us look more decent then we are to be in the position we are right now.
When he had his concussion and when he had his leg injury, but even then the amount of games missed do not equal to one month.

The numbers on Markov and Schneider are those that they are supposed to miss.

Seriously, we would easily make the playoffs if it weren't for those 2 injuries. Even three, counting Lang. What a huge blow.
It was not destined to be our year.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

tanguay missed like 2 months, not 3

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:00 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
yay!
I hope we can at least re-sign these guys...

EDIT : Bouillon was not out 4-5 months!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:04 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post

Andrei missed what like 3 or 4 games with his concussion, and 2 or something with his other injury....so 5 or 6 in total...its not a whole month but its close.

Markov is out for 4 weeks per reports (hence 1 month), Schnieder is out for the rest of the season 1+ months. I'm not talking just regular but if we go into the play-offs then Schneider's injury will be more costly.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
yay!
Not really. We wouldn't be in position to make the playoffs without those moves. Playoff revenues are huge (even if it's only two games) because players are paid for regular season. Also, you can't evaluate those trades based on unforseeable injuries....schyt happens. Also, we get a pick back in the Schneider trade (a 3rd rounder if we lose in Round 1).

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Kirk Muller

it doesn't make me feel any better because the reason the team is in the position they are is because from about the 10 game mark to the 72 game mark, this team gave piss poor efforts night in night out. On top of that we had an incompetent coach and a GM that sat and watched until it was basically too late.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Price: 14 games missed
Markov: 2 games missed (and counting)
Schneider: 2 games missed (and counting)
Hamrlik: 1 game missed
Komisarek: 16 games missed
Bouillon: 25 games missed (and counting)
Dandenault: 27 games missed
Gorges: 1 game missed
Tanguay: 31 games missed
Higgins: 25 games missed
Latendresse: 22 games missed
Koivu: 16 games missed
Lang: 30 games missed (and counting)
Kovalev: 2 games missed
Laraque: 36 games missed
A. Kostitsyn: 6 games missed
S. Kostitsyn: 4 games missed (and counting)

260 games and counting. Probably gonna end the season at 270.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
MonacoBlue

Even Hamrlik and Komisarek look like they're playing hurt right now

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Wow, when you lose so many key guys, it doesn't seem as low as 260. It's hard to believe we lost well over 500 in 1999-2000 and 2000-01 but it was more a case of losing mediocre guys cause 90% of our team were fringe NHL'ers back then.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
ShuttFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
Even Hamrlik and Komisarek look like they're playing hurt right now
They're in the unfamiliar 1/2 D spot - all our D has had to move up in the order, and it is not pretty. Damn May, damn Grabovski.

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Nice work

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
easy to say when you had had a healthy team all year.

waaaa go back home.
Bruins haven't had a healthy team all year...

Sturm has missed well over half the season and will miss all of the playoffs (leading scorer last year); Bergeron missed over a month due to his second concussion; Ference was out half the damn season; Kessel's missed a bunch of games, Ryder missed a few (didn't mean to bring that up), Lucic missed 10 or so; Savard missed 10 or so; Aaron Ward missed a lot of games toward the beginning of the year; Wideman missed a few...and that's just off the top of my head.

The reason the Montreal Canadiens are not the team they were last year is because their star players don't show up...not only do the stars do nothing (Koivu, Kovalev etc.), but the younger guys suffer because of it...I mean, honestly, has Koivu been a captain to those guys?

And your coach...Guy Carbonneau...who basically had his friend GM just go buy players that all play the exact same game (lots of European finesse, not extremely physical), and let go players like Ryder, who are obviously very talented, but lack the speed that was apparently required for the way Carbonneau coached...I mean, what's the point of a coach if you can't adapt players to a certain system anyways?

In conclusion, the Canadiens suffered key injuries this season, however, other teams suffered ones at the same magnitude...I mean, most of the guys who were/are injured, didn't play well before or after they were injured anyways.

Some of you might play the injury blame game, but the fact is, and you guys know it...the Habs do not show up every night (at least not for a long time). Injuries aren't something that can be prevented...poor play can be...Bob Gainey (or whoever is GM at the end of this year) needs to actually go out and buy some players with diversity who can play against all styles of team...who aren't just there to do fancy dekes all game and play run-and-gun hockey.

My two cents.

However, if you guys make the playoffs and do well, I suppose I'll have to take it all back.

jmiller010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Habbadasher

jmiller010 you obviously do not read our board that much, all of the reasons that you mentioned as to why we had a poor season have been discussed here ad nauseum. First time we came-up with a thread like this.

I'm trying to find man-games lost to injury for all teams, but can't find good numbers. Can anyone post a link or a list for all teams?

Last edited by Habbadasher: 04-07-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Bruins haven't had a healthy team all year...

Sturm has missed well over half the season and will miss all of the playoffs (leading scorer last year); Bergeron missed over a month due to his second concussion; Ference was out half the damn season; Kessel's missed a bunch of games, Ryder missed a few (didn't mean to bring that up), Lucic missed 10 or so; Savard missed 10 or so; Aaron Ward missed a lot of games toward the beginning of the year; Wideman missed a few...and that's just off the top of my head.
If you want to discuss the Bruins, their board is that way ->

I'm sure you'd feel fine going into the playoffs without Chara and Wideman. You'd be looking forward for the next PP, believe me! You'd also be sad if, say, Bergeron (Lang) was out for the season and Krejci (Plekanec) began sucking the big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010
The reason the Montreal Canadiens are not the team they were last year is because their star players don't show up...not only do the stars do nothing (Koivu, Kovalev etc.), but the younger guys suffer because of it...I mean, honestly, has Koivu been a captain to those guys?
At that point of their career the "young" guys should be able to better support the star players. The Kostitsyns, Komisarek, Plekanec and Higgins (pretty much our entire young veteran core) are all having horrible seasons, much more than any of our "star players". Plekanec especially is somehow making all players around him worse.

Quote:
And your coach...Guy Carbonneau...who basically had his friend GM just go buy players that all play the exact same game (lots of European finesse, not extremely physical), and let go players like Ryder, who are obviously very talented, but lack the speed that was apparently required for the way Carbonneau coached...I mean, what's the point of a coach if you can't adapt players to a certain system anyways?
Get your fact straight. Gainey provided Carbo with a fast, skilled team and Carbo managed to turn it into an inefficient trap-fest. Wonder why Carbo said he wished he had a team of 23 Kostopouloses? Ryder is gone because he was horrible his last season with us, don't try to distort facts. Carbo was a bad coach with no system, he brought this team down all year.

Quote:
In conclusion, the Canadiens suffered key injuries this season, however, other teams suffered ones at the same magnitude...I mean, most of the guys who were/are injured, didn't play well before or after they were injured anyways.

Lang was our best forward : out for the season. Price was playing very well : out for a month then never came back 100% again. Tanguay was PPG before his injury, playing on an effective line with Koivu. Tanguay comes back, Koivu is injured. Markov is a top 10 borderline top 5 defensemen in this league having an amazing season and he might not even play in the first round or any of the next games, which I remind you are our most important of the season. Schneider made our PP one of the most dangerous in the league (over 30% since his arrival), he might be out for the season. Komisarek has been worse since his injury, Bouillon was solid yet now we're stuck with Doug Janik in the lineup because he's injured too!

Our injuries have happened on our best players when they were at their hottest. Its actually quite disturbing when you think about it. Meanwhile the support guys and struggling players have been "relatively" healthy (we still won't have a single player having played all 82 games this year).

Quote:
Some of you might play the injury blame game, but the fact is, and you guys know it...the Habs do not show up every night (at least not for a long time). Injuries aren't something that can be prevented...poor play can be...Bob Gainey (or whoever is GM at the end of this year) needs to actually go out and buy some players with diversity who can play against all styles of team...who aren't just there to do fancy dekes all game and play run-and-gun hockey.

My two cents.

However, if you guys make the playoffs and do well, I suppose I'll have to take it all back.
You are right in the sense that there are holes in our lineup (few teams don't have). Still a very similar, yet less stacked, team won the conference last year. Shows that injuries CAN make a difference because last year we had none. And don't tell us the loss of Ryder's grit made the difference, he wasn't gritty with us last year and was a 4th liner pretty much even if Carbo kept giving him chances over and over again.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
WAAA...really?....stop making excuses for the real reason of the poor play......too many free agents who will not be here next year.....every team has injuries, thats a cop out in my book.....sorry.
And how many actually good players did you lose for long periods of time ?

Exactly, now ****.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:12 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
WAAA...really?....stop making excuses for the real reason of the poor play......too many free agents who will not be here next year.....every team has injuries, thats a cop out in my book.....sorry.
Lets reverse the situation. Put our ENTIRE lineup on the ice last night (yes including Lang) and take away say humm... Drury , Staal, Roszival and Mara from your team (Lang, Markov, Schneider and Bouillon are better but it doesn't matter). I wonder who would have had the best chance of winning!

Only 8 of our players managed to play more games this year than your goalie, if it can put it in perspective, and yet we still have one more point than your team!

Injuries happen to all team but as a borderline playoff team you have no right to come here and tell us injuries are no excuse. You should no they can make a difference and this point in the season a difference can mean we clinch or we don't. Lang might have had 8 more goals had he stayed healthy, if just one of them had been a GWG in a game we lost we'd be in the POs right now. I'm not claiming we are the only team that suffered because of injuries btw, not at all.

Old
04-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

if we could add suspensions add a couple for Pleks too plus Kovy's ummm holidays

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
yay!
How the hell were they wasted? We would be on the outside looking in right now if not for the play of both of those players during the last 3 weeks. Schneider was a god sent for the PP.

Injuries suck and I am more disappointed that nobody was able to step it up during the abscence of some of the key players.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
tollb2

you remove the top 2 defense players (offensive defensive men who ARE our point on the pp) from any team .. that team will fail ..

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote