HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose (expected) but magic number goes down! Thanks Philly!

Old
04-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
All those OT and SO points lost recently against the Isles and the Rangers...
or the "O'Byrne goal".....if the Habs don't make the playoffs could blame it on that.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:28 PM
MonacoBlue

Being a Habs fan SUCKS right now. It doesn't help that the other teams I like - Colorado, NJ, SJ - are all playing like garbage.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:28 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
or the "O'Byrne goal".....if the Habs don't make the playoffs could blame it on that.
It's time to look forward and not backward. We still have a decent lead on the Panthers. If we are not going to the playoff, then we are not having anyone to blame but ourselves.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Do you really think we can get out the first round without Markov? We may play way above our head and still lose. Our defense is so weak now.
Probably not...

Hopefully though, the injury won't be as bad as diagnosed and he can make it back early.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
The irony of this season is that it all comes down to 1 point.....1 measly point.
Who knew that Sunday afternoon game in early January when we had a two goal lead against the Panthers late in the 3rd and blew it only to win in SO would be so HUGE right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Didn't you trash the Schneider deal when it happened?
Yep, I remember WTK saying something like ''this is not a hockey team, it's a country club'' when the deal was announced.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Janik has been decent the last two games?
He has been ok, but O'byrne on the other hand...

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I think the Habs are staying quiet on the Markov issue so he can make a triumphant return out of the blue either in the final game (if we really need to win it) or the playoffs. Hey, knowing Gainey it might be true. Schneider I have less hope of seeing.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
I think the Habs are staying quiet on the Markov issue so he can make a triumphant return out of the blue either in the final game (if we really need to win it) or the playoffs. Hey, knowing Gainey it might be true. Schneider I have less hope of seeing.
Getting Markov back will be huge. Our players confidence will increase ten fold.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
It's time to look forward and not backward. We still have a decent lead on the Panthers. If we are not going to the playoff, then we are not having anyone to blame but ourselves.
True enough...I was just looking for a point...and that was the funniest one I could remember.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Everyone needs to calm down. We need just 1-point or Florida to lose 1 game. That's 4 straigt games and we need just one positive decision. We'll get it.
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
We could also get in if the Rangers lose twice to Philadelphia - one of them can even be in OT. Philadelphia is going to want the #4 seed desperately, I can see it happening.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
You guys are pathetic.

Lets see if a any team in the NHL would win after losing their top 2 defensemen, playing a 3rd game in 4 nights against a well rested and desperate team..

You guys really are pathetic.
Tonite's loss was expected. Not the one yesterday, at home.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:43 PM
BJG

Quote:
You guys are pathetic.

Lets see if a any team in the NHL would win after losing their top 2 defensemen, playing a 3rd game in 4 nights against a well rested and desperate team..

This.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

You guys are pathetic.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
You guys are pathetic.

It's the usual people who are complaining once again, but the rest of us are just depressed, not necessarily blaming the players.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
It's the usual people who are complaining once again, but the rest of us are just depressed, not necessarily blaming the players.
Yea, I'm more pissed at Toronto. We were finally getting our game back until the 2 devastating injuries.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

At least the panthers lost. I didn't really expect much tonight, this happens when 2 of your top 4 dman get injured. It's not over though, I keep the faith.

Plekanec and Kostitsyn have to wake the **** up though.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Plekanec and Kostitsyn have to wake the **** up though.
I do not even know they are playing for our team.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Yea, I'm more pissed at Toronto. We were finally getting our game back until the 2 devastating injuries.
Yeah, blame Toronto.

And you're calling other people pathetic?

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
I'm sorry, but you guys are the worst fans in sport. Three days ago everyone was thrilled. Many were hoping that the Panthers would been the Pens (which they did) because everyone was so sure we would cruise to 4th place, rather than assure a playoff spot.

Now, we lose our MVP and possible Norris Trophy candidate, as well as the reason our PP went from 16% to 28% in Schneider. Instead of looking at the reality of the situation, everyone now sucks. This one sucks, that one sucks. Defense is the one position you can't simply replace. You can have an injured goalie and even if he is a star, the back-up can shine (recall how we chased Gerber in the POs and turned Cam Ward into a Conn Smythe winner). Even a young forward can step up in the clutch and flower (i.e. Claude Lemieux scoring 10 goals during the '86 cup run, as a rookie). But you don't replace the likes of Lidstrom, Chara or Markov with an AHL'er and expect results. Whoever wrote that BG should have traded for J-Bo as back up for Markov has great rear-view 20-20 vision. BG should have known that Markov was going to get injured. Perhaps the Pens should have traded for Ovechkin as back-up for Crosby, since he may have a season ending injury during the last week of the season.

I have never seen such bandwagoning before in my life. If we beat the Bruins on Thursday, the same kids who want every player strung up will be writing

Kovy!!!!!

Saku is God!!

Price is his son!!

Either get in or get out. If you are so sure the Habs aren't making the POs or that they will get swept by whomever they face, don't you have something better to do? I hear the Blue
Jays are playing again. Go watch them.
Amen brother!! This board has turned into a freak show!

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
But some are paid millions more than others to step it up in games like these.

My bad, I forgot that Saku's production is gravy... the real meat and potatoes is in his charity work.
ah, now we see really what the post was intended to be.

really your post was to get in your little jab at Koivu above any thing else. I see you are giving 100th a run for his money.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Amazingly this isn't our season low. I would say that was still the 7-2 loss in Edmonton. I mean, come on. Edmonton!?

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:10 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
ah, now we see really what the post was intended to be.

really your post was to get in your little jab at Koivu above any thing else. I see you are giving 100th a run for his money.
I know I need to be careful when mentioning his royal highness. He can't be expected to improve his game in the offseason... hes already been through soooo much the poor baby.

Btw, Kostitsyn is an even bigger disgrace than Koivu.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:16 PM
THE HOFF

the refs were full of **** today ... and so were they yesterday . I almost never complain about refs but when its obvious that they are either intimidated by being in a specific arena (ie:home team battles for a playoff spot) ... or I don't know ... but I just can't explain the fact that shawn avery had 0 penalty minutes today as he kept hitting after the whistle... let alone the 4 missed high stick. gomez's cross check on komi after a clean hit on avery ... the refs were brutal ... I don't know how much they got in that brown enveloppe but it was a lot. IMO today it was just a disgrace ... not saying we would necessarly have won the game...but refs did take away the little hope we had by making silly calls and calling bullcrap on our players.

on another note , carey looked scary . Laraque should have played along with stewart ... I don't care to have andrei in the press box anymore as dandy has become one of our most intelligent and versatile veterans on the ice.

thats my opinion ... flame .

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I don't get it either. We lost our only 2 puck possession dman, we lost our main weapon (PP) and we lost our MVP. It was expected to get a let down. I fully expect them to play better Thursday and hopefully Markov is back for the playoffs.
I agree odds were against us, but what makes you think we are gonna be better than we have been the past two games against better teams?

Hate to sound like a broken record but

with Markov and Schneider --> contenders
w/o them --> one of the worst teams in the league

Just goes to show how important defencemen can be for both offense and defense.

I'm just hoping those rumours about their injuries being overblown are true. wishful thinking maybe, but watching this team is sickening.
I for the first time actually HATE Komi and Plekanec. Too harsh? Don't think so. They are just plain horrible and there is not excuse to do this at such an important time.

BTW I think Price stood on his head tonight. Bad second goal, not entirely his fault, others not at all his fault.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote