HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, what the hell is going on with A.Kost??

Old
04-08-2009, 03:54 AM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Antropov must be pissed, he might miss the world championships because he scored the GWG agaisnt us

Naslund is probably having nightmares because of that assist of his on the 3rd goal. Lundqvist *tried* but failed to suck, he's letting Sweden down!

Meanwhile Kovalev and Koivu are sleeping like puppies. Markov is the happiest man on earth because he'll be back right in time to help Russia!

Can those myths end seriously? World championships are worth more to euros than to canadians perhaps, but it doesn't mean the WC are valued more than the SC for the vast majority of players. The SC is by far the hardest trophy to win (a grueling 82 game season plus 16 wins in the playoff to take it) and thus the most valuable.
I would say the olympics gold medal is the hardest to win, you only have 1 chance every 4 years and thats even if you make the team. I have never seen the russians crying like they did after winning the world championships last year. I mean that was only the world championships

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:29 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
carbo ruined him, media witch-hunt affected him, injuries, and crappy centremen.
Carbo ruined him? ARE YOU FUUCKED?! He was the only coach the habs had when he played with us, asides from Julien when he played 3 games in 2005-06. give your head a shake, cause last year seemed like Carbo did pretty well with the kid.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 06:04 AM
bentheprop

Ever hear of a sophomore slump? It happens enough that they've created a name for it. Enough kids go through this sort of thing early in they're careers. Give him some time and he'll be fine.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:06 AM
MTL-rules

He doesn't give a ****, that's what's going on with him...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:12 AM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I'm pretty sure both Kostitsyns have a great value together...

Could be a great basis for a Lecavalier trade, maybe...

A. Kost, S. Kost, Pleks, 1st, and Halak?
Is that enough?

I still believe the Kostitsyns are going to have productive careers and I'm a big fan of both of them, but it is starting to become pretty clear that they aren't buying into what's being preached by Gainey.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:17 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Doesn't help when your centerman plays like a wimp and doesn't pass you the puck. Anybody else noticed how Plekenec never passed him the puck in the first half of the game even if he was wide open. At some moment, he was alone in the crease and hit his stick on the ice to catch d'agostini's attention but he didn't pass the puck. Seemed pretty angry at his linemates.

Not saying he played great, but he's getting way too much criticism IMO.
well freakin said!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:25 AM
PinchedNerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
pathetic.

i bet all of you were sucking their left nut at the end of last year. 1 bad year, even tho andrei still leads the team in goals, and they have no heart and dont care about the team.

true fans right here.
do andrei and sergei share testicles?

PinchedNerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
kostitsyn is not in good shape.He looks chubby.I can't believe no one has not commented how swelled his face looks.
Sergei or Andrei? Sergei looks a bit chubbier this year, Andrei looks about the same as previous years, IMO.

As for Andrei, considering the number of times he's had his head/face smashed into the glass and taken sticks or pucks to his face this year, it may well have swollen a little by now

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I remember on one rush Gorges had the puck on the left flank and Kosty was WIDDDDDE open, banging his stick in the slot for a pass....what did Gorges do? shot his amazing seeing eye shot from the worst angle possible. oh, yeah, and he didn't score miraculously.
I was so pissed...and so was Andrei. The guy is alone in the slot, Gorges sees him, and shoots??? FFS.

AK needs to play better. He needs to hustle for the puck, but what is stopping him right now is that he plays pretty poorly against the boards. The Plekanec line is trying to play like Lappy's line by griding it out on the boards and they aren't players who should do that. Sadly, with the way they are playing, they don't really have a choice since they can't seem to enter the opponent's zone properly.

Andrei is not the only problem, if you look at him, there's many times in the game where he's wide open and his linemates simply don't pass to him. It seems they have lost faith in A.Kost. I don't know if it's health-related, attitude-related or just bad vision on the ice, but it really looks like he's being left apart. You see him banging his stick on the ice a couple times per game when he's wide open in a good shooting position and the pass never comes.

That said, he needs to play harder, bring out that physical edge he has more often and prove to his teammates he can be reliable. Thing is, he needs to get his confidence back, and to do that, you must have support from your linemates, which he doesn't seem to have.

Last edited by Turtleneck Plek: 04-08-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
BJG

I love it! The same kids who write that the brothers suck, also have Tampa trading Vinny to us for them. Beautiful logic! Yes, you too can be an NHL GM! It's that simple!

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
evilstanley

well all i have to say is that he is useless right now...

sorry, i know im hurting some vaaaginaas on these boards by saying that...

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Im on the fence about this kid. Last year he was good, but his line was clicking on all cylinders. He has shown us speed, skill, a great shot and he can be physical.

this year from the start he has been off. It didnt help he had a concussion, but he has played well for a stretch of maybe 20 or so games all year. I just dont like his body language, his efforts, consitency. True this can be said for most of the habs this year but itb isnt excusable.

also the "hes`s playing with a bad centerman" excuse is sad because he has played with every center this year. And the fact that he is weak on the puck, weak along the boards, abd at puck retrival and isnt shooting, isnt plekanec`s fault. FYI dago had 6 shots last night.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Im on the fence about this kid. Last year he was good, but his line was clicking on all cylinders. He has shown us speed, skill, a great shot and he can be physical.

this year from the start he has been off. It didnt help he had a concussion, but he has played well for a stretch of maybe 20 or so games all year. I just dont like his body language, his efforts, consitency. True this can be said for most of the habs this year but itb isnt excusable.

also the "hes`s playing with a bad centerman" excuse is sad because he has played with every center this year. And the fact that he is weak on the puck, weak along the boards, abd at puck retrival and isnt shooting, isnt plekanec`s fault. FYI dago had 6 shots last night.
He played well with Lang and he played well at first with Koivu, the whole season with Plekanec (aside from the 2 games with Pacioretty) they have not clicked. As much as I like the Lapierre line right now I would like to see Andrei in Kosto's spot, Lapierre seems to energize whoever he plays with and with those 2 doing the dirty work Andrei could get many chances with them.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
airlouche

He and his brother will be traded this summer, he knows it and it affected his gameplay.

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
TheCH*

So much for "kovalev is bringing Kostitsyn down". Its proving to be more like kostitsyn and Plek were bringing Kovy down..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:34 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
So much for "kovalev is bringing Kostitsyn down". Its proving to be more like kostitsyn and Plek were bringing Kovy down..
I think its more like Plek is bringing everyone down. I've yet to see him succeed with anyone this year, while Akost played well with Saku and with Lang. That's two of our three offensive centers.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
He and his brother will be traded this summer, he knows it and it affected his gameplay.
Exactly.

Their off-ice activities and relationships are ruining their carreer in Montreal.

Too bad

They gonna be traded or they gonna quit for the KHL.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Exactly.

Their off-ice activities and relationships are ruining their carreer in Montreal.

Too bad

They gonna be traded or they gonna quit for the KHL.
Well I hope they get traded before they decide to take a hike back to the KHL

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The return might be quite low. They need to be packaged and "embellished" to attract potential takers.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Part of me hopes that they get traded and light it up elsewhere just to see all the people here who called for their heads take a step back and use their heads. Unfortunately while the first part may happen, the satisfying second part will most likely not.

I mean lets be honest here. If you bothered to watch the game last night you'd notice that everytime AKost was open for a shot he never got the puck. When he had two guys close to him, someone made him a pass, which obviously resulted in a turn over. He caused a decent amount of turnovers in the offensive zone, but no one was able to make use of them. I remember a play where he forced the puck twice or three times, but no one on the Habs were putting themselves open so he ended up having to go for a bad angle shot. But he didn't score yesterday, so people say he sucks.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Part of me hopes that they get traded and light it up elsewhere just to see all the people here who called for their heads take a step back and use their heads. Unfortunately while the first part may happen, the satisfying second part will most likely not.

I mean lets be honest here. If you bothered to watch the game last night you'd notice that everytime AKost was open for a shot he never got the puck. When he had two guys close to him, someone made him a pass, which obviously resulted in a turn over. He caused a decent amount of turnovers in the offensive zone, but no one was able to make use of them. I remember a play where he forced the puck twice or three times, but no one on the Habs were putting themselves open so he ended up having to go for a bad angle shot. But he didn't score yesterday, so people say he sucks.
That's not true,D'agostini didn't score last night but we actually noticed him out there.Kostitsyn doesn't even give an effort and he is what 23?Unacceptable seeing all the players that got drafted after him being such big impacts players ion their respective teams

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
pathetic.

i bet all of you were sucking their left nut at the end of last year. 1 bad year, even tho andrei still leads the team in goals, and they have no heart and dont care about the team.

true fans right here.
so true

Hard-partying Lafleur had less goals (21) than AKost in his 3rd season... in an era when goals were flowing and there were a dozen 50 goal scorers instead of just one like today(Ovy, obviously).

its hard to predict the future

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
He's nothing special to begin with.

60 point complementary player at best... that's it that's all.
Well, we could use those 30 goals and 60 points right now.

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
He's having a bad year, obviously. Hopefully him and Sergei can bounce back next year.

Wait, I forgot, that's not how we do things in Montreal. Better get rid of a 21 and 23 year old as soon as we can. And then we'll moan and whine every time they score a goal with their new teams.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
He played well with Lang and he played well at first with Koivu, the whole season with Plekanec (aside from the 2 games with Pacioretty) they have not clicked. As much as I like the Lapierre line right now I would like to see Andrei in Kosto's spot, Lapierre seems to energize whoever he plays with and with those 2 doing the dirty work Andrei could get many chances with them.
If Andrei Kostitsyn did his own dirty work he'd be a superstar in this league .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote