HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Handy Dandy

Old
04-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Handy Dandy

For the life of me,i can`t understand why people on this forum site keep dumping on Dandenault.I have to admit that last year when they first moved him up to forward i thought the coaching staff were CRAZY.There he was skating down the wing with the one hand on the stick"a la Mario Roberge" (god bless him..lol) .But then the bugger started putting the puck in the net,and at KEY times during the games.Same thing last yr during the playoffs,he scored some big goals for us.....And all of a sudden this year Carbo pretty much wrote him off.It took awhile for Bob to clue in and play him...He scored a gutsy goal tonight and gives us 100% EVERY TIME....I would hate to lose him next year.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Artyukhin*

i voted to resign him next season ,months ago .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:46 PM
CrazyShea

Anyone else find it funny that after every game when a player scores for the habs he gets his own thread, calling every other poster crazy for saying this and that about the guy and trying to make their selves look good and how they never doubted him. **** its annoying.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Ginu

As good as he's been at forward, we need to move him back to cover over the cracks that we have on defence. His speed can make up for a lot of mistakes in our own zone and he has a good first pass. We're dying for some help from our back-end right now. Losing Markov and Schneider has killed our transition game. Our forwards aren't able to carry the puck from inside our own half into the other team's zone. They're used to starting higher up and circling to gather pace to receive the pass to at full speed. Without that first pass, we're dying. Put him with Komisarek, Gorges with O'Byrne, Hamrlik with Brisebois. Limit O'Byrne's ice time and send Janik down. Dress Stewart on the 4th line with Higgins and Metropolit. If A. Kost and Plekanec want to hold purses, put Stewart on their line to bang bodies and force them to play aggressive and put Laraque on the 4th for D'Agostini.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
As good as he's been at forward, we need to move him back to cover over the cracks that we have on defence. His speed can make up for a lot of mistakes in our own zone and he has a good first pass. We're dying for some help from our back-end right now. Losing Markov and Schneider has killed our transition game. Our forwards aren't able to carry the puck from inside our own half into the other team's zone. They're used to starting higher up and circling to gather pace to receive the pass to at full speed. Without that first pass, we're dying. Put him with Komisarek, Gorges with O'Byrne, Hamrlik with Brisebois. Limit O'Byrne's ice time and send Janik down. Dress Stewart on the 4th line with Higgins and Metropolit. If A. Kost and Plekanec want to hold purses, put Stewart on their line to bang bodies and force them to play aggressive and put Laraque on the 4th for D'Agostini.
i like it....but play janik over obyrne....he`s sad.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Our two best players on the ice tonight were Dandenault and Metropolit. That's really sad. That said, Gainey needs to see that he needs a reliable guy on the back end who can eat up some minutes. That guy is Dandenault. Get Stewart back in the lineup, bench O'byrne. Isn't this really obvious?

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Kirk Muller

I kind of wonder where this thread comes from as i haven't seen any posts questioning his play. Every post I see seems to be praising him.

I don't think being called over paid nor expendable is knock against him. Simply reality.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I kind of wonder where this thread comes from as i haven't seen any posts questioning his play. Every post I see seems to be praising him.

I don't think being called over paid nor expendable is knock against him. Simply reality.
Most people are guilty of calling for him to be traded or let go in the summer. His play in his limited appearances has shown how valuable a commodity he is. His experience allows him to remain composed, something that is severely lacking in this team.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Most people are guilty of calling for him to be traded or let go in the summer. His play in his limited appearances has shown how valuable a commodity he is. His experience allows him to remain composed, something that is severely lacking in this team.
so. He is a utility player making more than what he should. To not be in the teams plans is not dumping on someone. Nobody is questioning his heart, value or his play, but the fact the team likely needs to move on from some players and get better. We are not talking about a quality team here who doesn't need to upgrade.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:52 PM
GoHabsGO252006

As far as I am concerned, I would welcome him back at a reasonable rate.

He doesn't complain (for the most part), has excellent speed, is serviceable at both forward and D. No doubt there is room for him in a similar role next year..

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:23 AM
NewHabsEra*

Ive been impressed with Dandy.. He is giving a tremendous effort every shifts, skate hard, hustle hard, can hit hard, he is effective along the board, looks strong.. Can play foward and D, so I wouldnt be against the idea of resigning him at the same money..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
As far as I am concerned, I would welcome him back at a reasonable rate.

He doesn't complain (for the most part), has excellent speed, is serviceable at both forward and D. No doubt there is room for him in a similar role next year..
He did publicly demand a trade....

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He said he would like one, not demand.

I was calling for him back in the lineup when he first came back. I even admitted I was hard on him, but those 6 games he played on d before he got hurt, he was amazing. Gainey should move him back there, especially now.2 games left. Move him back, bring Pacs up. He needs to play 3 more games to have it count as a full season, or something like that i believe.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
There is a difference between demanding one and politely requesting one.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Joe Cole

I 100% disagree with the statement that he always gave 100% and is useful.

Many times he is brooding about his reduced ice time and role, and just creates nothing on the ice. He skates up and down and has no effect on the game either way, good or bad.

BUT....

I have to say, since Gainey took over, I have been very happy with his play and his body language. He seems to feel important, and his play reflects it. He fore checked hard on offence, created some shots towards the net, and on defense, his play has been solid, if unspectacular.

Kudos to Dandy.

Now keep it up and don't start pouting like a baby if your ice time diminshes.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

1yr at league minimum = okay

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I 100% disagree with the statement that he always gave 100% and is useful.

Many times he is brooding about his reduced ice time and role, and just creates nothing on the ice. He skates up and down and has no effect on the game either way, good or bad.

BUT....

I have to say, since Gainey took over, I have been very happy with his play and his body language. He seems to feel important, and his play reflects it. He fore checked hard on offence, created some shots towards the net, and on defense, his play has been solid, if unspectacular.

Kudos to Dandy.

Now keep it up and don't start pouting like a baby if your ice time diminshes.
I never got that. I think he wanted to play D and clearly was better than our other 5/6 at the time. Dandenopolous has been great all year.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
speed11

our 4th line feels like our first sometimes...never break up this trio of higgy metro and dandy.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
I never got that. I think he wanted to play D and clearly was better than our other 5/6 at the time. Dandenopolous has been great all year.
Maybe he does feel that he is better that the 5/6 D on th team, but the coach and GM disagree. So do I.

As for good all year, we'll agree to disagree. Pre-Gainey, he never made a dent on the outcome of a game, in my opinion.

I am happy he is getting results since the coach change.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i voted to resign him next season ,months ago .
Same.

I'd love to keep the guy on the roster of 23 after this season, he's been great. I have no problem keeping him on the club as a 12th - 14th forward and the 7th-8th defenseman.

However, he's a guy who likes to play.. and I'm not sure he'd accept an assignment where he may potentially only play 30-40 games per year. The guy will be a full-time season and a part-time season (133 games in total) away from 1,000 career NHL games if that is something he wants to accomplish.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Same.

I'd love to keep the guy on the roster of 23 after this season, he's been great. I have no problem keeping him on the club as a 12th - 14th forward and the 7th-8th defenseman.

However, he's a guy who likes to play.. and I'm not sure he'd accept an assignment where he may potentially only play 30-40 games per year. The guy will be a full-time season and a part-time season (133 games in total) away from 1,000 career NHL games if that is something he wants to accomplish.
I'm sure it will be. He's a pretty useful guy, so he should be able to reach it.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote