HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Memorial To Mr. Mac

Old
04-10-2009, 06:06 AM
KayZee13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Awesome idea! I'm in. Someone needs to make a poster out of that Nash picture and quote. I'd buy one.
Hitch as a Chippendale?

Now there's a great, easily doable idea! Thx!

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 06:19 AM
KayZee13

When we win the Cup, Nash needs to skate over to the JHM logo behind the goal. Sit the cup down and take a knee with the team. Mr. Mac should be the 2nd guy to take a skate with the Cup.

A statue of Mr. Mac, standing and tipping his cap to the fans as they enter the arena, surrounded by a CBJ player, a youth hockey player, and one of the CBJ Foundation's Heroes, to represent his numerous contributions to the central Ohio area

I say a nice statue right out front. Bearing a quote from him, and possibly three others, since there are four sides to a statue pedestal. I like that quote from Rick. Pretty awesome.

Proof positive of the awesome individuals that surround this organization!!! Check out some of these suggestions. I hope this is only the beginning. Keep all the great ideas rolling in! I know we can make this happen!!! We know you're smiling down on us as we enter our first playoff stretch, Mr. Mac! Thank you for all that you gave us!

Old
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Cambion

We need to start chanting J!! H!! M!! more often, the playoffs need to have some real public gametime remembrance for the the Mac

This Playoff birth is because of you Mr. Mac and for you !!!!

Rest in Peace!! you are missed!

Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayZee13 View Post
When we win the Cup, Nash needs to skate over to the JHM logo behind the goal. Sit the cup down and take a knee with the team. Mr. Mac should be the 2nd guy to take a skate with the Cup.

A statue of Mr. Mac, standing and tipping his cap to the fans as they enter the arena, surrounded by a CBJ player, a youth hockey player, and one of the CBJ Foundation's Heroes, to represent his numerous contributions to the central Ohio area

I say a nice statue right out front. Bearing a quote from him, and possibly three others, since there are four sides to a statue pedestal. I like that quote from Rick. Pretty awesome.

Proof positive of the awesome individuals that surround this organization!!! Check out some of these suggestions. I hope this is only the beginning. Keep all the great ideas rolling in! I know we can make this happen!!! We know you're smiling down on us as we enter our first playoff stretch, Mr. Mac! Thank you for all that you gave us!
that would so make me cry... I mean I would lose it

Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambion View Post
that would so make me cry... I mean I would lose it
Word.

I already tip my hat--when I'm wearing one--whenever I enter the arena. I always thought it would be kind of a cool tradition if other people did the same. If there was a statue, you know I would tip my hat whenever I passed it.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Prophecy

I just tried to think of what it would be like had JHM not brought this team to the city....

Weird thought.

I vote for the statue.

Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Inquiring Minds

I'd vote for including something in the design that the fans could reach out and touch as they stream into the arena - rub it for luck. Maybe rub the top of the plaques with the quotes on them, or pat Stinger's head. Or maybe tweek XGMDM's nose.

Inquiring Minds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Fan99

[QUOTE=KayZee13;18972697]When we win the Cup, Nash needs to skate over to the JHM logo behind the goal. Sit the cup down and take a knee with the team. Mr. Mac should be the 2nd guy to take a skate with the Cup.

OK, I got chills reading this. What a tribute that would be and there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

Fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
JF Labbe

Thank you, Mr. Mac. Your legacy WILL live on.

Also, I'm gonna see if I can get that photo of Nash blown up, and hold it up at Game 3.

JF Labbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:27 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambion View Post
We need to start chanting J!! H!! M!! more often, the playoffs need to have some real public gametime remembrance for the the Mac

This Playoff birth is because of you Mr. Mac and for you !!!!

Rest in Peace!! you are missed!
Another great idea! Let's do it!!!

Old
04-13-2009, 09:32 AM
KayZee13

Oh heck, let's just storm the front office! As the capital city of Ohio, we need to recognize its' leaders who have made significant contributions like Mr. Mac has done.

Mr. Mac deserves a statue!!!

Old
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
Word.

I already tip my hat--when I'm wearing one--whenever I enter the arena. I always thought it would be kind of a cool tradition if other people did the same. If there was a statue, you know I would tip my hat whenever I passed it.
OMG- you guys have so many great ideas!

So heartfelt! We really miss you Mr. Mac!

Old
04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
JF Labbe

Does anyone know where Mr. Mac is buried? I know he was cremated. I'd like to leave a cigar there on game three.

JF Labbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
1hunglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
I'd vote for including something in the design that the fans could reach out and touch as they stream into the arena - rub it for luck. :
And some Purell handed out afterward.

Todd--#73

1hunglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Labbe View Post
Does anyone know where Mr. Mac is buried? I know he was cremated. I'd like to leave a cigar there on game three.

We could always leave stuff out front by his hand prints in the wall I dunno how long it would last and If you dont know what I am talking about the Handprints are in the wall going down nationwide before you get to the the blueline from front street