HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Coaches Show 7pm Eastern, Wednesdays on 1460 The Fan & 97.1 The Fan Act III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
  #26
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Cheers, Matthew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I just don't think it's fair to play Filatov in a game of this magnitude without really experiencing everything with us before just because we think he can score a goal or whatever. It's not fair to put him in right now.
I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought after reading that was this:

"Goals are bad, mkay."

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
  #27
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Second segment with Jeff Rimer and Head Coach Ken Hitchcock

R: Still Green seats and CBJ Rush tickets available for tomorrow's game at the box office. Hitch, thoughts on RJ Umberger?

H: I've coached RJ twice in the playoffs. Second huge hit I've seen him take from the bench. RJ plays so reckless, that collisions are just going to happen. I told him this morning, "you're becoming my personal highlight reel. It's making me really nervous". He just laughed. There were a lot of big hits last night, though.

R: Was Commodore just trying to get closer to Babcock so he could talk to him there?

H: If Babcock had been over yelling at the D-men, Commie would have flown right into him there.

Caller: New hockey fan. What is going on with PP?

H: It's been the same thing all year. We move the puck too slow. we don't rotate the puck quick enough and get bogged down because of it. We're better now than 3 months ago, but still not good enough. The playoffs have been really good example. all good opportunities come from down low. Don't have the trust, confidence, or the skillset to rotate the puck quickly. All good PP's have good, quick rotation and good point shots. PKs are so good in the playoffs, they know what your PP is going to do before you do it. You need to be precise on the PP to overcome that, and we just aren't precise enough to do that.

CallerBret: RJ is just a warrior. Any lesson you could teach from that? Taking that kind of hit, shaking it off, and contributing.

H: RJ has learned some hard lessons as a young player. Got rocked against Buffalo and came back. He's learned just by being in the playoffs last 3 years just how important it is to just get back up again. He hit Lidstrom really hard in 1st period. You give it, you're going to get it. I wouldn't be shocked if that's why Detroit took his number for that.

CallerShawn: Who played best overall game last night?

H: Dorsett. Raffi was good. RJ was good. But DD was really good last night. Played a lot of playoff hockey in JR. For a young player, he was really good. Created a lot of opportunities. Was really efficient.

CallerEd: Frustrating to see us not be able to get the puck out of our zone fast enough? Chemistry problem?

H: This is a difficult team to measure against. The Wings have been great for 5 years now. When you get the temperature of the game like it is now, you'll sometimes see those cracks. So much pressure, if you don't execute with perfection, you'll be exposed.

Rime: Take is into the dressing room the other night. Is this new territory for you? What will you say to team the other night?

H: Coached a team that's been down 3-0 before. To me, you have to shrink the timeline. Not about winning the game, but winning the first 10 minutes. After that, it's the next 10 minutes. I know Detroit is going to play well because they don't wanna carry very much baggage into next series. They're going to try to get rid of us tomorrow. All I want to see is us player a 60 minute game, and play our best. I really feel if we get 60 minutes we're going to win.

end segment.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
  #28
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Cheers, Matthew.



I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought after reading that was this:

"Goals are bad, mkay."
I know why Hitch is doing this and for the most part I agree with him. The not fair statement is probably directed at the other players that helped get us here. I'm sure Filatov would be devistated to get in a game.

The real reason I wanted to get Filatov in there is because he has a mentality that other players are missing. He's an impact player. I'm not sure if he's ready for this intensity level, but neither has 4 or 5 of our other forwards.

I love the Hitchmeister, and support his decision, but Washington threw a 20 year old in goal, with like 4 games of NHL experience, because they didn't like what they saw and took action. Was that fair to Varlamov?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
  #29
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Third and final segment with Rimer, Hitchock, and Mickey Redmond.

R: Thoughts on Crowd, Hitch?

H: Great. Feels like it's been like this for a long time, now. Just a good feeling for everybody to see the team get in. Seeing the support from the team has been great. Players really appreciating the support. Support not just in the stands, but on the streets, in the bars, etc. has just been great. What I've been impressed with the most is the knowledge.

R: I love what Umberger said. Wants to win badly in front of home crowd.

CallerBrandon: Noticed just a lot of slapping the puck around. Haven't been cycling the puck. Etc. Etc. Etc.

H: Brandon, you sound just like I do. But that's what Detroit does to you. They don't let you play where you want to on the ice. I've been coaching against them since 1998, and this is what you get against the Wings. They're a well oiled machine led by Lidstrom. He directs a lot of traffic out there on the ice. Just going to have to find ways to battle through it.

R: Mickey Redmond will join us briefly here.

H: Have you ever seen a player this good at Lidstom's age, Mick? Have never seen a player play at this level at that age. He's still a great player. For me, he looks like the same player. Hasn't missed a beat in 10 years.

Red: You'd have to search far and wide to find a player as effective at what he does for as long as he has. He plays normally 26-29 minutes a night, mostly against the other team's top players. Has missed about 25 games overall in 17 years. Just incredible. Have played against similar players in my day, but Lidstrom is just an amazing athlete. Team is fortunate now to be able to play him about 24 minutes a night now, giving him a little more shelf life.

H: Talking with coaching staff. Nash has had 11 scoring opportunities. 9 of them were with Lidstrom off the ice. Some on the PP, some with the match up we want. Against the best players in the world, he's hard to get scoring chances off of.

Red: His style of play isn't overly physical. But he makes great plays with stick. Even one handed. Makes great plays so often they seem ordinary. Drafting has been very good and very fortunate.

Rimer: Chris Osgood. How's he been able to turn it on?

Redmon: At his age and experience, he has leather skin. He kept saying "I'll be there when needed". He understands he had a year he'd like to forget. He's really battling in a good way. Being very agressive. At top of crease a lot more than he normally would be. This team knows what to expect when the puck drops. Team knows right where they need to be intensity wise. Have been able to turn it up as a team, but nobody more than Osgood.

H: We've played better now than when we did in some games in regular season. Big key now is haven't been able to get a lead. At this time now, it's all about checking. Create offense from proper position, don't want to have to chase it. Haven't been able to make Detroit chase it. Wings have such maturity, they are able to make our team make mistakes, and they just pounce all over us.

Red: First goal was more damaging to Columbus than first game. Crowd was still in the game, but the 2nd goal really put a dent in what you wanted to do.

H: It did. We rebounded well. Were really playing well. Haven't been rewarded for the work yet. When you have a young team, discouragement sets in.

Rimer interrupts cuz there's no time left.

end o' dah show.

Stay tooooooned for Tooley and Speilman cuz they are going to drop some HOCKEY KNOWLEDGE!

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
  #30
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I know why Hitch is doing this and for the most part I agree with him. The not fair statement is probably directed at the other players that helped get us here. I'm sure Filatov would be devistated to get in a game.

The real reason I wanted to get Filatov in there is because he has a mentality that other players are missing. He's an impact player. I'm not sure if he's ready for this intensity level, but neither has 4 or 5 of our other forwards.

I love the Hitchmeister, and support his decision, but Washington threw a 20 year old in goal, with like 4 games of NHL experience, because they didn't like what they saw and took action. Was that fair to Varlamov?
I can both admire Hitchcock and think him stubborn for his refusal to play Filatov. Still, I thought his reasoning sounded more like a copout than anything else. He's decided that the Jackets will live or die with the team they've had most of the season (admirable/stubborn). I have to believe Hitch is too smart to wait until what might be the final game of the season to suddenly say that the most gifted goal scorer not in the lineup will have to wait his turn because fourth liners are ahead of him.

I think Murray and Novotny could add something to the lineup, but only in the bottom six. Murray might even be an impact player, with his size and desire to drive to the net. It's the top six that needs the most help, though. Huselius looks like he might be picking up his game (could have scored two goals, if Chimera wasn't rubbing off on him), so that could pay off. But they still need more.

If Hitch was so concerned about the players not in the lineup being treated fairly, I can think of a few players who could have been easily replaced by Murray or Novotny--such as Modin (who I actually think is coming off his best game of the playoffs, which isn't saying much). Such changes should have come after games one or two. But now the Jackets are facing elimination in a series that has seen them score 2 goals, and he doesn't want to hurt the fourth liners' feelings?

With or without Filatov, of course, I think they can win game 4. The Jackets as a whole have upped their intensity level with every game, in my opinion (though some players have stayed pretty much the same).

Edit: And they damn well better win game 4. I have to miss it, and I want to see another game.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
  #31
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Hitch just baffles me. One minute I love the guy and the next he makes stupid comments like today. I mean, I guess it makes since to not make a real lineup change when your forward group has scored 2 goals in 3 games, oh and both of those goals were scored by the same person.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
  #32
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Second segment with Jeff Rimer and Head Coach Ken Hitchcock

R
Caller: New hockey fan. What is going on with PP?

H: It's been the same thing all year. We move the puck too slow. we don't rotate the puck quick enough and get bogged down because of it. We're better now than 3 months ago, but still not good enough. The playoffs have been really good example. all good opportunities come from down low. Don't have the trust, confidence, or the skillset to rotate the puck quickly. All good PP's have good, quick rotation and good point shots. PKs are so good in the playoffs, they know what your PP is going to do before you do it. You need to be precise on the PP to overcome that, and we just aren't precise enough to do that.
These bolded statements are intended for you Mr Howson

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
  #33
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Hitch just baffles me. One minute I love the guy and the next he makes stupid comments like today. I mean, I guess it makes since to not make a real lineup change when your forward group has scored 2 goals in 3 games, oh and both of those goals were scored by the same person.
This series is over. And the problem is that forwards have failed to impose themselves on the outcome of games in any meaningful way, neither offensively nor defensively. As much and as well as they played their system in the regular season - they've rolled over like a bunch of fat fluffy kittens.

I'm not going to be upset one way or the other if Hitch decides to put Filatov in a game ... particularly if it's limited to PP action. But Hitch WOULD be going against his and Howson's word that neither Brass nor Filatov would see action - that they were both here to learn and observe. Filatov might score a goal or two - but he's still playing on the Jacket team and the Jacket team is not ready to advance in these playoffs. The end.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
  #34
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,341
vCash: 500
I think Chimmer and Modin’s biggest problems since their returns has been the copious and noticable rust caked on them due to their extended absences from the lineup. They’ve both been physically and mentally subpar since returning to the ice, to put it nicely.

While I’m sympathetic to the calls for change to the lineup, I’m not sure Filatov and Brassard however more talented they may be are going to be any less rusty and unfit physically and mentally for playoff-calibre hockey (hell, we have guys who’ve been healthy all year who’ve proven that much).

I have no problem with the continued decision to sit on Filatov and Brassard.
Plus, at this point Filatov is a game (maybe two) from having his contract kick in. No reason to blow that simply to prolong the inevitable Detroit victory.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
  #35
Prophecy
 
Prophecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Good comments from the HF community. All of them kind of sum up where I'm at right now. I haven't been posting lately because if I post when I REALLY want to, it will come out as overly negative and spitting nails. By the time I calm down, it just seems like there isn't a lot to say and it's more philosophical than anything....

I will say this, the last 4-5 posters have summed up a number of things that have been on my mind lately...the fact is, we didn't have enough bullets in the gun to make this a series but to beat up on this team almost feels like beating up on my little brother or something. They just weren't good enough to win this series and it's not because of a lack of heart.

Filatov, Brassard and Voracek (a year older) + a PPQB could make for an interesting year next year.

BUT....let's pull out a win tomorrow night.

Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
  #36
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
This series is over. And the problem is that forwards have failed to impose themselves on the outcome of games in any meaningful way, neither offensively nor defensively. As much and as well as they played their system in the regular season - they've rolled over like a bunch of fat fluffy kittens.

I'm not going to be upset one way or the other if Hitch decides to put Filatov in a game ... particularly if it's limited to PP action. But Hitch WOULD be going against his and Howson's word that neither Brass nor Filatov would see action - that they were both here to learn and observe. Filatov might score a goal or two - but he's still playing on the Jacket team and the Jacket team is not ready to advance in these playoffs. The end.
I understand and fully believe the series is over. I just think that nothing but good could come from showing Filatov first hand what the playoffs are about. He made the commitment from day 1 when he was drafted to be here for the team. Allow him to be part of the team.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
  #37
Prophecy
 
Prophecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
I understand and fully believe the series is over. I just think that nothing but good could come from showing Filatov first hand what the playoffs are about. He made the commitment from day 1 when he was drafted to be here for the team. Allow him to be part of the team.
This has probably already been said, but I think Hitch believes that he could be such a defensive liability that he would end up hurting the team and perhaps his own confidence.

I'm kind of OK with letting him wait until next year (although I would love to see what he can do).

Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
  #38
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
This has probably already been said, but I think Hitch believes that he could be such a defensive liability that he would end up hurting the team and perhaps his own confidence.

I'm kind of OK with letting him wait until next year (although I would love to see what he can do).
In all honesty hasn't our whole team been a defensive liability thus far?

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
  #39
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
Howson said a few months ago in so many words: they did not think this year's team could make a serious run in the playoffs, and their mediocre play over the last ten to twelve games only confirmed it. It is in this light that I'm trying to understand some of their personnel/line-up decisions. Bringing up Nik means sitting a regular. And benching a vet means dis-respecting a veteran like Modin or Peca or Chimera. Hitch probably has too much old-fashioned "hockey code" flowing in his brains to do it, especially cause Nik ain't gonna win for us. This is what Hitch was saying today when he said, "We've had a group or 22 or so guys that put in the work to get us here. They deserve to play now and get evaluated as so."

That said, I would have sat a guy or two in the last week of the season, let alone for game 3 or 4.


Last edited by JACKETfan: 04-22-2009 at 09:48 PM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:15 AM
  #40
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
I just think Hitchcock's reasoning for not playing Filatov is a losers mentality. Sure, you want to reward the guys who got you there but this is the playoffs and you simply have to play your best players. Babcock has no problem putting rookie Darren Helm into the lineup last season for the playoffs over other players. This year he's got another rookie in Jonathan Ericsson playing 15 minutes a night over guy like Derek Meech and Chris Chelios who put in more time. It's the playoffs, you have to put your best players on the ice each and every night. Not doing so, for any reason, is just stupid.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:10 AM
  #41
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I just think Hitchcock's reasoning for not playing Filatov is a losers mentality...It's the playoffs, you have to put your best players on the ice each and every night. Not doing so, for any reason, is just stupid.
That's his "public" reason. If he thought Filatov was ready to help, he'd be in. For the kid's first game action in weeks to be in, potentially, our last game (and against Detroit, yet!) may not make sense to Hitch. Nik's been working with the team and the coaches have had plenty of time to make an informed evaluation. I'll trust their decision on this, even though it would make a great story to see him come out and play like he did against the Wild!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:45 AM
  #42
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That's his "public" reason.
Exactly. While what he said may be the truth, it is certainly possible it isn't. Why people take coaches and GMs at their word baffles me some times.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:36 AM
  #43
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That's his "public" reason. If he thought Filatov was ready to help, he'd be in. For the kid's first game action in weeks to be in, potentially, our last game (and against Detroit, yet!) may not make sense to Hitch. Nik's been working with the team and the coaches have had plenty of time to make an informed evaluation. I'll trust their decision on this, even though it would make a great story to see him come out and play like he did against the Wild!
Nik seemed ok in Washington this season.... I would not play Brassard because I don't think he's healed enough. This Filatov thing is just baffling to me though. They bring him up to get experience with playoff practice and how to polish playoff boots but hold him out of two games where he could get bonified experience. Nutto.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
  #44
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I just think Hitchcock's reasoning for not playing Filatov is a losers mentality. Sure, you want to reward the guys who got you there but this is the playoffs and you simply have to play your best players.
Ok, I want Filatov in for certain reason(s), but give me a break. You have no idea what the true reason(s) is/are, which Hitch may or may not have made public. You come up with comments like this when you haven't seen Filatov in action in months and probably wouldn't have the slightlest clue on how to judge his readiness even if you did see him practice. What Hitch, and the coaching staff, is looking at is far different then what, us, as casual fans look at.

At this stage in his career, Filatov may actually NOT be one of our best players. Skilled? Yes. Ready for NHL playoff action? Maybe, most likely NO.

Yes, rewarding the players that got us there is probably part of the reason, but I seriously doubt it's the only reason.

Loser mentality. Give me a break.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:03 AM
  #45
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
They bring him up to get experience with playoff practice and how to polish playoff boots but hold him out of two games where he could get bonified experience. Nutto.
The "loser mentality", as someone pointed out, above would be to play Filatov if you didn't think he would help us.

Disagree, fine. Fustrated, fine. But "loser mentality" (previous poster) and "nutto". Let's not pretend any of us are qualified to make those statements or have any real insight into his thought process. As fans, we have a "fog of war".

Keep in mind the "they" that brought Filatov up was Howson. Hitch may not have wanted him.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
  #46
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The "loser mentality", as someone pointed out, above would be to play Filatov if you didn't think he would help us.

Disagree, fine. Fustrated, fine. But "loser mentality" (previous poster) and "nutto". Let's not pretend any of us are qualified to make those statements or have any real insight into his thought process. As fans, we have a "fog of war".

Keep in mind the "they" that brought Filatov up was Howson. Hitch may not have wanted him.
It is true no one knows what is in the mind of Howson but I know one thing, I can't recall a team pulling a top prospect out of an AHL playoff battle to skate around the practice rink with the parent club. If there are issues beyond the norm with Filatov requiring this type of action I can't wait to see how he's handled in his assumed pro rookie debut next season. I stand behind my words, nutto.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
  #47
Juneemoon
Registered User
 
Juneemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
I personally think that Hitchcock was pissed that Filatov was brought up in the first place. He admitted that he was surprised when they told him he was on his way. Now he has painted himself into a corner. It isn't the fact that he won't play him. It's the incredible excuse he's giving for not playing him.

If you follow that logic, then why hasn't Boll played since the first game? He's "been with us all year" more than Dorsett has.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
  #48
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 500
"Surprised" and "pissed" are not the same thing. He really doesn't have to give any reason at all for not playing him - he's the coach and he doesn't think the kid is ready. As for next year, that'll take care of itself. I expect Filatov to start the season in Syracuse and end it in the top six of the CBJ. But that's just my opinion. If he works hard and earns it, it'll happen.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:21 AM
  #49
LaCosta Nostra
Registered User
 
LaCosta Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
I think Filatov is not physically mature enough for the Red Wings and he's probably a defensive liability. No sense in risking it now.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
  #50
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 500
What I dont get, Filatov recorded 4 goals in, what, a couple games? He didnt seem like he was really that out of place. So I really cant see how he's "not ready", short of he's out there doing laps and is falling over himself, which if thats the case, he probably wont be ready next year either! I cant see 3 months in the off season all the sudden making him "ready". From the get go, this never sounded like a Hitch idea, the Filatov thing seems to be entirely a Howson move, it seems it may be a 'you can call him up, but im sure as hell not playing him'

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.