Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign Gaborik

Old
04-08-2009, 05:08 PM
hkntsmn

vCash: 500
Sign Gaborik

Let me know who thinks they need to sign Gaborik and another good physical Dman and things will be right on track.

hkntsmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Not enough cap space.

...but I agree. That's exactly what the team needs.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 02:45 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkntsmn View Post
Let me know who thinks they need to sign Gaborik and another good physical Dman and things will be right on track.
Nope. Team needs Two offensive scorers and one physical Dman. Gaborik would fit the bill for one of those. Who are the other two? I say two offensive scorers because Brunette, Nolan, and if Gaborik comes back cannot be expected to play 70+ games. Brunette and Nolan because of their age and Gaborik because of tradition.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
ceber

Now that Gaborik has his other hip fixed, I think he'll have a strong season. (Look what happened when he had the first one fixed.) I'd like to see him signed. If he is, I expect to see some bit player movements but not much more. Cap is going to get in the way otherwise. A repaired Gaborik would remove the need for much forward fiddling. I think Sheppard will have a very good year (starting to see signs of this as of late). Gillies should start to play a bigger role. Bouchard may not suck again. Defense should be better without much tweaking as well. Disclosure: I'm dropping my season tickets (tough decision), so I'm not as financially tied to the team next year.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Red Alberks

I thought I was the only one who thinks we need to sign Gaborik.

Hopefully we can get it done.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Washington Capitals

With DR as GM? I highly doubt it.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber View Post
Now that Gaborik has his other hip fixed, I think he'll have a strong season. (Look what happened when he had the first one fixed.) I'd like to see him signed. If he is, I expect to see some bit player movements but not much more. Cap is going to get in the way otherwise. A repaired Gaborik would remove the need for much forward fiddling. I think Sheppard will have a very good year (starting to see signs of this as of late). Gillies should start to play a bigger role. Bouchard may not suck again. Defense should be better without much tweaking as well. Disclosure: I'm dropping my season tickets (tough decision), so I'm not as financially tied to the team next year.
I'm still torn about doing it or not. My parents have used mine for the last 5 years, but when I get back next year I could finally go...depending on what they do this offseason will determine if I just sell em off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
I thought I was the only one who thinks we need to sign Gaborik.

Hopefully we can get it done.

Next been against signing him, I just don't think he deserves the $$ he claims he deserves at this point. However, as its been said before the Wild need Gaborik more than Gaborik needs the Wild.

Old
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
I woud like to see him signed. I realize that his signing may not be in the best interests for the future of the team, but I like watching him play. There's not many in the league who can bring his kind of excitement to the Wild.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Keetz

Agreed. We have Money in net, now we need Money up front and Center! Its perfect timing for the new owner to win over the fans. Even if its short term I would guess at least 3. That would appease.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:14 PM
hkntsmn

I hope they get this done ASAP

Marion Gaborik makes this team very good. With the young guys getting better and the toughness of Clutterbuck and crew... and Burns and Pierre Marc Bouchard
healthy and Koivu and Brunette healthy and the goalie they could make some noise. Without Gaborik I do not see the future as very bright. It would be interesting to ask the GM what his view was. Or the owner.

Do not renew your season tickets until it is clear where they are going with this team.

hkntsmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
djp4516

I think Gaborik should re-up for one more year to get his value back up. Makes sense for the Wild and for Gaborik.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I think Gaborik should re-up for one more year to get his value back up. Makes sense for the Wild and for Gaborik.
I think this may happen, but you never know with what free agency brings. I'm sure he wished he signed the $8M/yr deal over the summer.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

If Lemaire is indeed gone, it makes it way more likely. However, I'm not thinking Gabby will sign a long-term deal. If he stays with Minny, my guess is 1 or 2 seasons, but he very well could sign a 2/14 or 3/20 deal elsewhere.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
BigT2002

Watch Detroit VERY closely this offseason. They just signed Franzen for next to nothing compared to what he could of made elsewhere. They have more than enough left open to sign Hossa again for a $7M contract. If Hossa decides to go someplace elese, they could very well try to pull Gaborik into that scheme. Not saying it will happen, but it very well could be.

Hopefully the front office will be able to convince Gaborik that now they are going to push for a more offensive scheme and they want him to lead the pack.

This is actually kinda sad if you think about it (namely just imagine if he was healthy for at least 70 games....we could have competed for our title) :

With Gaborik's two goals, he is tied for 6th on the team for most goals. That and he only played 17 games....ugh lol

Last edited by BigT2002: 04-11-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old
04-12-2009, 12:13 AM
BigT2002

By the way, this is just to help people keep things in perspective with Marian as written by Russo:

Quote:
Now, before I continue, if youre one of the people out there that thinks Jacques leaving gets Marian Gaborik to re-sign, youre wrong. Gaborik said it changes nothing and he said after the game that he knows hes a free agent and hes waiting this long and it would be cool to hear from 29 other teams.

So Gaborik, although he added hed listen to the Wild if it comes to him (so did Brian Rolston, by the way, and he left), might have played his final game in Minnesota. He scored two goals and an assist and was plus-3. In fact, every unrestricted free agent except Stephane Veilleux (so Foster, Bergeron, Skoula and Gaborik twice) scored tonight.
Take it for what its worth, but Marian knows if he could score 40 in Minnesota, he could score 60 in San Jose/Detroit/Rangers. This offseaon could get interesting.

Old
04-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I see Gaborik going to Atlanta. In an interview during the first intermission of the Atlanta-Tampa Bay game tonight, Don Waddell made it pretty clear that he was looking for a talented top-6 winger. Atlanta has Kovalchuk and Kozlov on the left, so that side is complete. They have Little, White, and Peverley who can all play center. With Eric Perrin as a UFA, Colby Armstrong can be moved down to the third line, and that is very intriguing, as there's a gaping hole in the top 6 that can be very well filled by someone like Gaborik.

Plus, Atlanta is one of the league's top scoring teams, and John Anderson is a very offensive minded coach. Atlanta also has a ton of cap space. If that doesn't scream "MARIAN! WE WANT TO SIGN YOU!", then I don't know what does.

Old
04-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Wild Thing

Jesus! Kovalchuk, Kozlov, and Gaborik? Thank god there's only one puck they'll all have to share, or the scorekeeper would need a calculator.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
Jesus! Kovalchuk, Kozlov, and Gaborik? Thank god there's only one puck they'll all have to share, or the scorekeeper would need a calculator.
That's what I was thinking xD

It just seems like a perfect fit for both parties. Gaborik gets his offensive system, Kovy gets a better team, Atlanta gets a much needed pure goal scorer for the second line.

Old
04-12-2009, 01:20 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
I see Gaborik going to Atlanta. In an interview during the first intermission of the Atlanta-Tampa Bay game tonight, Don Waddell made it pretty clear that he was looking for a talented top-6 winger. Atlanta has Kovalchuk and Kozlov on the left, so that side is complete. They have Little, White, and Peverley who can all play center. With Eric Perrin as a UFA, Colby Armstrong can be moved down to the third line, and that is very intriguing, as there's a gaping hole in the top 6 that can be very well filled by someone like Gaborik.

Plus, Atlanta is one of the league's top scoring teams, and John Anderson is a very offensive minded coach. Atlanta also has a ton of cap space. If that doesn't scream "MARIAN! WE WANT TO SIGN YOU!", then I don't know what does.
Now keep in mind Atlanta is the 4th worst team in the NHL, they'll be in the lottery. Imagine if they got Tavares AND Gaborik. Good lord I'm buying season tickets to the Trashers and driving to Atlanta (3 hour drive for me) every game!

Old
04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

I don't see any realistic scenario where Gabby re-signs with Minny. He's made it clear he want money and be on a winner. I see him going to a team with a good future and salary cap space to sign him to what he thinks he is entitled. I think he will be a King or Blue next season.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 12:57 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I don't see any realistic scenario where Gabby re-signs with Minny. He's made it clear he want money and be on a winner. I see him going to a team with a good future and salary cap space to sign him to what he thinks he is entitled. I think he will be a King or Blue next season.
According to reports he wanted 10 yr/$100M, that would of made him the highest paying player in the NHL

Watch our for San Jose, Vancouver (especially if Sundin leaves), Atlanta, Detroit.......and my sleeper but possible Habs.

He will go with whoever gives him the bigger check and we can't afford anything above $7.5 without sacrificing more core and proven players. How much of this team has to be AHL players before people realize this just isn't something we can invest in, even long term. Backstrom's contract killed it, sorry.