HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simon Gagne

Old
04-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Kman777

vCash: 500
To MTL:

Simon Gagne
1st round pick

To PHI:

Andrei Kostitsyn
Jaroslav Halak
Ryan McDonagh

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ryan_mcdonagh

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
To MTL:

Simon Gagne
1st round pick

To PHI:

Andrei Kostitsyn
Jaroslav Halak
Ryan McDonagh

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ryan_mcdonagh
I'd probably want a first instead of Kostitsyn. Not really interest in him. Oh, and change the Flyers draft pick to a 3rd. We're talking about a PPG winger here. Halak may not produce. McDonagh might not do well. Gagne will certainly put up points, and he's right up there with Mike Richards defensively.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:02 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Briere seems like the odd man out if they can find a sucker to take that contract. I doubt Knuble is re-signed with Giroux or JVR taking his spot. Gagne won't be traded no matter what.
That's the Flyers problem, because the usual suspects (suckers) don't have the cap space to take on the Briere contract either. The teams with cap space available (Atlanta, Columbus, Dallas, Florida, LA, Montreal, Nashville, NYI, Phoenix, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington) won't be rushing to make a deal to get Briere. Out of that group I guess Dallas and Montreal might bite, but I doubt it.

If I'm Lombardi the only conversation I want to have regarding a trade with the Flyers would be with Gagne, Richards, Carter, or Hartnell coming our way.

The idea that the Flyers don't have cap problems? Well, in Philly DE-NIAL must be a river that runs through Egypt. The cap isn't going up next year, and the Flyers have $53.96M committed to 19 players. The following year (when the cap will likely drop) the Flyers have $42.97M committed to 11 players. That sounds like cap trouble to me.

If the other GMs are smart, they will hold Holmgren's feet to the fire and insist on him giving up something that has high value to get out of his cap mess. That something isn't Briere.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Too much from a Kings pov.
Kings have alot of talk in being able to get Gagne. Its kind of scary and kind of cool because if he does go to LA i only live 15 min from Staples so no real bummer for me.

I think its borderline under payment, Simmonds is lock, depending how Boyle plays next season is the only real concern. He has played better against Phx and Edm recently but the Flyers are loaded at center. Briere, Carter, Richards, Powe + others that can make the jump and have. I think with the right people that the Flyers need, then? Simmonds + goalie or D + 1rst sounds fair.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
That's the Flyers problem, because the usual suspects (suckers) don't have the cap space to take on the Briere contract either. The teams with cap space available (Atlanta, Columbus, Dallas, Florida, LA, Montreal, Nashville, NYI, Phoenix, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington) won't be rushing to make a deal to get Briere. Out of that group I guess Dallas and Montreal might bite, but I doubt it.

If I'm Lombardi the only conversation I want to have regarding a trade with the Flyers would be with Gagne, Richards, Carter, or Hartnell coming our way.

The idea that the Flyers don't have cap problems? Well, in Philly DE-NIAL must be a river that runs through Egypt. The cap isn't going up next year, and the Flyers have $53.96M committed to 19 players. The following year (when the cap will likely drop) the Flyers have $42.97M committed to 11 players. That sounds like cap trouble to me.

If the other GMs are smart, they will hold Holmgren's feet to the fire and insist on him giving up something that has high value to get out of his cap mess. That something isn't Briere.

You're counting Rathje in that number for next season. His career is over. You should get better stats. Also, one of Jones/Carle is done here, because Sbisa will be on the Flyers roster next year.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Brophy

I think Carle and Jones need to both be moved. Coburn/Timmo/Parent - X /Sbisa/Alberts + depth

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 05:38 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
I think Carle and Jones need to both be moved. Coburn/Timmo/Parent - X /Sbisa/Alberts + depth
I don't have a problem with Carle in there if Sbisa replaces Jones.

Timonen
Parent
Sbisa
Coburn
Carle
Alberts
Veteran 7th

is fine. Carle may have to be gone after next season, though. Some young guys are going to get raises, and at least one of Bourdon/Marshall will hopefully make the team.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
With the way the Oilers finished the season they won't be willing to move a 2010 1st rd pick. Too much risk.

Gilbert is butter soft. Not a Philadelphia type player.

If Shremp can't crack the Oilers forward corps he likely wouldn't come close to doing so in Philly.

Dubnyk is a decent prospect but doesn't have much value.
And Kimmo Timonen is?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
And Kimmo Timonen is?
kimmo isn't soft...

and the "Philly" mentality is overrated. the flyers are no longer the broad street bullies. they're just as skilled as any other team in the league.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
And Kimmo Timonen is?
Wow have you seen him play? Timonen is small but he is far from soft.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
And Kimmo Timonen is?

If you think Kimo is soft, you don't watch hockey. He is like a piece of scrap metal.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
jcab2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I don't have a problem with Carle in there if Sbisa replaces Jones.

Timonen
Parent
Sbisa
Coburn
Carle
Alberts
Veteran 7th

is fine. Carle may have to be gone after next season, though. Some young guys are going to get raises, and at least one of Bourdon/Marshall will hopefully make the team.
Carle and Jones are both so soft. I think they might have 20 hits between them for the entire season. Maybe not even that many. We can't afford any more soft d-men.

It is nice to see Parent developing a mean streak though.

jcab2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
If you think Kimo is soft, you don't watch hockey. He is like a piece of scrap metal.
Kimmo Timonen is one of the most poised, intelligent hockey players I've ever seen and he does not beat around the bush. He said right before the trade deadline that the Flyers needed a big defensemen. The guy knows whats up.

A piece of scrap metal, I like that.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Kimmo Timonen is one of the most poised, intelligent hockey players I've ever seen and he does not beat around the bush. He said right before the trade deadline that the Flyers needed a big defensemen. The guy knows whats up.

A piece of scrap metal, I like that.

I hadn't seen him a ton in Nashville and I cringed when I saw his contract, but he's worth every penny. I haven't missed a game this year and Kimo puts it on the line every night.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
jcab2000

Timonen needs to start playing better though. He's been pretty mediocre over the last few weeks. Looks slow and hurt. It will definitely help for him to get Parent back.

Old
04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcab2000 View Post
It is nice to see Parent developing a mean streak though.
I haven't noticed that at all.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
jcab2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I haven't noticed that at all.
Start watching. Maybe mean is the wrong word. He is much more physical than I expected.

Old
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcab2000 View Post
Start watching. Maybe mean is the wrong word. He is much more physical than I expected.
He's using his body a lot but more it seems to me it's more of an issue of positioning and leverage, he certainly isn't pounding or punishing anyone

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
jcab2000

Geez, let me get the wording to your satisfaction. His physical game is improving. He is taking the body more and more.

Old
04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I didn't say he was soft, I dont watch the Flyers much, but I do know from watching Timonen in Nashville, he is not a mean type of player, and that's usually what Philly hockey has been classified as. That's my point. Gilbert isn't soft but he's not mean, the broad street bullies are from the past and Gilbert would be fine in Philadelphia.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote