HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

HC-IR Fantasy League {Power Rankings}

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
HC-IR Fantasy League {Power Rankings}

HC-IR Pre-Season Power Rankings

TeamRankingPointsHigh/LowDescription 
1121/3Almost the unanimous #1 in the league the Maple Leafs boast an astounding team. Led by young stars such as Jeff Carter and Dion Phaneuf this team is the favorite to bring home the 1st ever HC-IR Championship. Their are no holes in this team as the Offense,Defense,and Goaltending are top notch 
2322/5The Chicago Blackhawks are ranked the highest in the Western Conference in the Pre-Season HC-IR Power Rankings. Chicago has a formidable offense with such stars as Nicklas Backstrom and David Booth. The hopes and dreams of the Blackhawks fans could rest on the goaltending tandem of Pascal Leclaire and Craig Anderson. Also, if Brendan Morrow can stay healthy all year the Maple Leafs may have a threat to their title hopes. 
3512/13Carolina is the home to the most exciting player in the NHL and the player that should be the face of the NHL, Alexander Ovechkin. Ovie is always a treat to watch on the ice and puts up points like no other which is very beneficial to Carolina. Alongside Ovie, they Hurricanes have Defensive studs Kimmo Timonen and Niklas Kronwall. Carolina is a intimidating team but I don't know if they can compete with the Leafs in the long run 
4533/9Minnesota is backstopped by the best goalie in the league, Henrik Lundqvist and the rest of the team is nothing to frown upon either. Minnesota is home to such offensive studs as Joe Thornton and Simon Gagne. A playoff lock in the West. 
5561/9Florida's first line consists of Captain Jonathan Toews, Pest Corey Perry, and Big Ass Name Guillaume Latendresse. One of the best lines in the league and the 2nd line is impressive too. Backstopped by Carey Price who may finally turn into what he was billed to be this year, Look for Florida to go deep into the Playoffs. 
6882/19A team consisting of the likes of Sidney Crosby,Ilya Kovalchuk,and Marty Brodeur has to be this high. But honestly, outside of these three big named teams I don't like their chances too much especially since they are in Toronto's division. However, crazy things could happen throughout the season so they may be able to sneak in a division title. 
7947/17With coach Dan Donnelly behind the bench I really like this team. New York has Mikka Kiprusoff as their goalie and with Kipper playing almost every game all season he should be very valuable to the organization. Also, New York has the best leader in the NHL in Jarome Iginla. Favorites to win the Atlantic Division. 
81063/20Dallas has the best young core in the league and those players are going to look to prove themselves this year. With the likes of Claude Giroux and Bobby Ryan their is a bright future in Dallas. Alex Semin, if healthy, is one of the best players in the league and he will be looking to improve on his numbers from last year. 
91196/22All in all this is a deep team but I don't really see them making a run for the championship. Yes, they have the likes of Tim Thomas and Martin Havlat but their are some better teams out there. However, as I stated with the Habs "Anything Can Happen." Vancouver has a good team who will make the playoffs I believe but may be bounced in the first round. 
101245/30Looking through peoples votes, Phoenix was all over the board ranging from 5th Place Overall all the way to 30th Place Overall. Phoenix is a mysterious team who could be a contender or just another OK playoff team but not a real chance to win. Led by Chris Pronger and Rob Blake on the blue-line and Getzlaf up front. 
111378/20The hopes of Ottawa rest on the shoulders of Ryan Miller. Miller needs to stay healthy for Ottawa to do anything this year with their backup goalie being Karri Ramo who signed in the KHL has no chance of getting any points in this league. Jason Spezza is one of the most productive players in the NHL which is a very good thing to have. 
121468/21 20 Cent is on this team, 'Nough said. 
1316813/26 The original home of Sidney Crosby. Dealing him away may come back to haunt them. They have added depth from the original drafted team but I'm not sure if they have improved. 
1417014/25The Jackets have a very talented top 3 on the Blue line and a goalie that should play well on good team. This team is young and may need alot of improvement for a chance to win it all but it's possible. 
151728/29Any team with Pavel Datsyuk on it has a chance to win however he doesn't improve their chances that much. Edmonton is sporting a pretty old team and may have a small window of opportunity to bring home the championship. But, I don't see it being this year. 
161767/23The Rangers have the best defenseman in the league in Nicklas Lidstrom but outside of that not much else. I don't see how the Rangers were voted so high. New York's offense is pretty poor. 
171815/26Henrik Zetterberg is one of the best players in the league and has good company on this Sharks squad. San Jose has a young team that should improve over the next couple years but I don't see this being the year for San Jose. Championships are in the future for this organization. 
181949/27The Broad Street Bullies. The Bullies have a pretty poor offense and defense which puts them in the bottom half of the league. However, they have what could be the most valuable player in the league in Mike Green. The hopes rest on Ray Emery's shoulders as we wait to see if he can keep it together. 
1920311/27St.Louis boasts one of the best top lines in the league and a very good core of young players. Look for St.Louis to win some championships in the future but most likely not this year 
2021014/29Led by a solid offense and a somewhat decent defense Detroit has a chance to make the playoffs but those chances rest on the question mark that is.....Will the chick with the average rack let Bingo out of the bedroom? 
2122316/27Two former Tampa Bay Lightning return to the same team....this time with the Nashville Predators. Dan Boyle and Vinny Lecavalier are two of the most talented players at their position and can put up fantastic points. With Tomas Vokoun backing them up I think Nashville may have been voted a little low. 
222303/30The largest vote differential of any team. Los Angeles boasts a solid team with a decent offense and defense. They have one of the best young goalies on their team that certainly helps. Los Angeles may be a little low. 
2323113/29Colorado boasts one of the youngest lineups in the league. With the likes of Drew Doughty and Colin Wilson the future is bright but in Denver their will be no playoff hockey come April. 
242446/21In Anaheim the big question is how the hell are the Ducks going to compete with their goaltending tandem. Both goalies on the roster are backups with their respective NHL clubs. Outside of the goaltending problem the Ducks boast a formidable offense and the best D-Pairing in the league which will improve the teams chances but unless a improvement in net comes their will be no playoff hockey for Anaheim. 

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 08-16-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500

HC-IR Pre-Season Power Rankings

TeamRankingPointsHigh/LowDescription
252567/24The Calgary Flames have two of the most exciting offensive players in the league in Evgeni Malkin and Marian Gaborik. They also have D stud Brian Rafalski but as I said with Anaheim they have a problem in net with Marty Biron being the starter
2626220/30The Pittsburgh Penguins have no doubt the best D-Pairing in the league but outside of that their is nothing to look forward to for the Penguins. Their offense is more then below average and their goaltending is the same.
274047/28Atlanta boasts the best all around defense in the league and a Offense that is in the top half of the league. They're only problem is the possibility of Jose Theodore starting over Varlamov this upcoming season. All in all Atlanta should be higher up.
2846017/25All in all the Sabres offense is lightyears ahead of their defense. The offense is pretty good where as the defense could be the worst in the league. If Buffalo wants to compete in this league they should trade some of their talent up front for some defensive help.
2950119/30The top line of the Bruins is one of the only good points of the team. Outside of this line the offense is downright atrocious. However, the defense is better then most teams in the league which could help out in the long run. Boston and Buffalo could make good trading partners.
3055819/30No roster posted, nothing really I can say.

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 08-16-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Closed Thread