HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Guy Lafleur

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2009, 09:48 AM
  #26
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Yes... and I'm really scared when I think of the moves he might have pulled instead.



...and look how that worked out.

Seriously, you're pulling our legs, right?
Like I said, Lafleur didn't scout either player, but he knew that he needed more size on his line.

Getzlaf, Chara, Parise....obvious moves. A child could have done that.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
  #27
mtl_felix
Registered User
 
mtl_felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lavaltrie, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He's right again. What do we have in Hamilton?
Promising rookies (2 being in top 3 for rookie scoring in the ahl) leading the team to 2nd place in their division.

Hamilton does not have krog/haydar type of guys. They have young guys working together forming a very good team.


Last edited by mtl_felix: 04-09-2009 at 09:59 AM.
mtl_felix is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
  #28
Caseofcups*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He's right again. What do we have in Hamilton?
Where are Gainey's version of Roy, Corson, Chelios, Skrudland, Svoboda, McPhee etc.

We now have Price, Higgins, Kost bros, Plekanec, Komisarek, Obyrne,

Caseofcups* is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:51 AM
  #29
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
All I know is that the kind of team Lafleur talks about wanting to see is the kind of team I'd like to see. Not this gang of players. Can I say that?
Sure, in fact let's all say it. Playersssssssssss


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-09-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Edited to make this more PG-13 rated.
FrankMTL is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:52 AM
  #30
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Yannick Bouchard as GM.

Taupy is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:52 AM
  #31
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
Where are Gainey's version of Roy, Corson, Chelios, Skrudland, Svoboda, McPhee etc.

We now have Price, Higgins, Kost bros, Plekanec, Komisarek, Obyrne,
I see you've been drinking Kool-Aid with the Flower again....be careful, the flower is poison.

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
  #32
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
In fact, make Lafleur GM/player coach. Enough screwing around. Somewhere in Europe there's a dwarf that Timmins hasn't scouted yet (I think the politically correct term is "little people").

btw...I changed my name to tiny zombies because that's the team I see out on the ice. I can't blame the Ontario referees anymore.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
  #33
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
In fact, make Lafleur GM/player coach. Enough screwing around. Somewhere in Europe there's a dwarf that Timmins hasn't scouted yet.
You know, the more I think about it, the more this makes sense, and the squeaky high pitched voices in my head agree.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
  #34
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,109
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Like I said, Lafleur didn't scout either player, but he knew that he needed more size on his line.

Getzlaf, Chara, Parise....obvious moves. A child could have done that.
Should have drafted Hugh Jessiman instead of Kostitsyn

Size > talent

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  #35
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
All I know is that the kind of team Lafleur talks about wanting to see is the kind of team I'd like to see. Not this gang of players Can I say that?
not sure, never heard you speak. I am curious though, how did anyone let Chara go anywhere ?


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-09-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
mcphee is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  #36
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Guy has bigger fish to fry than running a hockey team. He might end up in jail. What a stupid decsion to bring his criminal son to see his underage girlfriend. I really want someone with that type of decision making capability running the Habs.

Schooner Guy is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
  #37
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
I like Lafleur a lot. He was my all-time favourite player... But no GM nor coaching job for him, please. He's too much of a loose cannon to have that kind of job.

Let him be the artist he is. He is fun to have around. He is outspoken. He is a great guy. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Guy has bigger fish to fry than running a hockey team. He might end up in jail. What a stupid decsion to bring his criminal son to see his underage girlfriend. I really want someone with that type of decision making capability running the Habs.
Or that girl's parents !


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-09-2009 at 10:18 AM.
CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
  #38
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
He may be a legend on-ice, but I think he's an idiot and a big failure as a human being.

Clumsyhab is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
  #39
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
He may be a legend on-ice, but I think he's an idiot and a big failure as a human being.
You certainly never met him.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:08 AM
  #40
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Guy has bigger fish to fry than running a hockey team. He might end up in jail. What a stupid decsion to bring his criminal son to see his underage girlfriend. I really want someone with that type of decision making capability running the Habs.
Obviously you haven't been watching this year. We ARE a bunch of underage girls.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:08 AM
  #41
Caseofcups*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
You CAN say it and you would be RIGHT.
Just to clarify one point, I do not think Lafleur is in any qualified to be a GM but SOME of what he says is bang on. People here just don't want to hear it.

Caseofcups* is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
  #42
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I've always agreed with what he has said over the years. He's always right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
You think Lafleur would have let Chara go to Boston or not draft Getzlaf, or not trade up to get Parise? ? ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
All I know is that the kind of team Lafleur talks about wanting to see is the kind of team I'd like to see. Not this gang of players. Can I say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
In fact, make Lafleur GM/player coach. Enough screwing around. Somewhere in Europe there's a dwarf that Timmins hasn't scouted yet (I think the politically correct term is "little people").
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
We ARE a bunch of underage girls.
Absolutely brilliant, in an Andy Kaufman kind of way. I love this schtick you have going on. Keep it up, tinyzombies!


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-09-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Edited one of the quoted posts.
Roulin is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
  #43
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Put down the bong LeafRefereeeeeees.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
  #44
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
What about Mario Tremblay as GM and Patrick Roy as coach?

No more yoga in the offseason. From now on it would be steroids, HGH and viagra.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
  #45
habaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I've always agreed with what he has said over the years. He's always right! Just because he's outspoken and because people backlash against any criticism of the team, doesn't make what he says wrong. I can't think of one thing he's said that I disagree with.

When George sells the team, hopefully someone will have the sense to hire Guy. He knows what skill players need around them to succeed. It's surely not small guys like we have!

Just because the Beliveau led group wanted Reggie Good Guy Houle, and probably chafes at the idea of Lafleur like they did against Bowman back in the day doesn't mean Lafleur can't do a great job.



Opinions?
Are you *** kidding me? With all the respect I have for him as a player, this guy doesn't know his aersse from his face when speaking about today's hockey. When I hear him speak, I get the sudden hurge to vomit.

Please friend, I like your enthousiasm but no no and one more time NO!!

habaholic is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
  #46
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,606
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
This is a joke right? Never in a million years would I want him around the team more then he currently is. Not to mention he has no coaching or managerial experience.

beowulf is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  #47
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
OK, I'm sorry I criticized you. My bad. I thought you were serious at first. Good parody, I must be getting old to miss something like that. Well done.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
  #48
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
OK, I'm sorry I criticized you. My bad. I thought you were serious at first. Good parody, I must be getting old to miss something like that. Well done.
The chaos is just beginning. Wait until Reggie Tremblay picks this up.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
  #49
habaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
The chaos is just beginning. Wait until Reggie Tremblay picks this up.
Same here...my apologies! I thought you were serious. Great stuff!

habaholic is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
  #50
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,383
vCash: 50
I have to admit this thread gave me a laugh.

Sorry tinyzombies, even though I'm one of Lafleur's biggest fans. He's definitely not cut out to be our next GM.

Edit: Damn, I didn't realize this was LeafRefereeeeeees, you got me.

__________________
This is not a time to say goodbye. This is a time to say 'thank you'.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.