HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Sea of Blue!

Old
04-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Casework

vCash: 500
This is what we need: http://section303.org/

(I hate giving the Predators props, but they do it right)

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
cbj21

Thanks for the very informing reply
yeah there should definitely be an own section for the fan club members. Strange the Jackets don't have that already as I understood they were allot more into the backer club than their brethren clubs in Europe is into their. Could call it "the stand up and cheer" part as that seems to be a bad thing to do at games there.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
Just so it's said my wonder is just what happens at games and not what happens at other times. And Home games is really what i have talked about. If that was unclear I'm sorry.

And that said why are you not able to get Nationwide rocking more than it is?
And where is the songs and chants? Do you have anything else but "lets go jackets"? And why don't you have anything else?
What are you guys doing to get things going in Nationwide?
Why have I yet not seen anyone advertise they are Jacket backers on this forum until today by you? No banners or logos? Whit that i wonder how many you are and why it possibly isn't more of you?
Because fans in Columbus and all over the U.S. (except soccer fans who have chosen to follow the lead of their brethren in Europse and S.Am.) suck, that's why. No one has any imagination, they can't write good songs and have no passion for their team. Seriously, there is one standard measure for fan-dom throughout the world and Jackets fans don't measure up. You're clearly wasting your time with this fanbase and probably the team too.

You win.

Old
04-13-2009, 04:12 AM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Because fans in Columbus and all over the U.S. (except soccer fans who have chosen to follow the lead of their brethren in Europse and S.Am.) suck, that's why. No one has any imagination, they can't write good songs and have no passion for their team. Seriously, there is one standard measure for fan-dom throughout the world and Jackets fans don't measure up. You're clearly wasting your time with this fanbase and probably the team too.

You win.
I said all along that the fans have passion. Thats not whats being discussed. Try to read up a bit before you reply.
I been trying to get a discussion going and I got some good feedbacks too.
The only one I'm wasting my time with is a smock like you who has 0 to add to this.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Thanks for the very informing reply
yeah there should definitely be an own section for the fan club members. Strange the Jackets don't have that already as I understood they were allot more into the backer club than their brethren clubs in Europe is into their. Could call it "the stand up and cheer" part as that seems to be a bad thing to do at games there.

As for NHL Arena "fan zones" I've not found that to be common in the various arenas I've been to. I know some NFL football teams have these zones behind the goal posts and soccer has their zones. It could be due to the difference in premium seating NHL costs for lower seats close to the action.

At times I have noticed Nationwide upper bowl sections dedicated to Jacket fans but that seems to be inconsistent.

The Jumbotron media production is one area CBJ home games fails imo. The selection and timing of "trailer" type media to engage the fans at critical times during the game is often poor.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
I said all along that the fans have passion. Thats not whats being discussed. Try to read up a bit before you reply.
I been trying to get a discussion going and I got some good feedbacks too.
The only one I'm wasting my time with is a smock like you who has 0 to add to this.
I did read up, read the whole thread. Read every time that you asked why the atmosphere in the arena is poor and why fans can't get organized and do things a certain way they're done in other places.

I apologize for the crap post, but I was feeling bitter and petty at the time.

EDIT:
Gah! I must avoid all "fan behavior" threads.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Just one fore Jacket Backers plug: It's not too late to try to join in... we have the opportunity to buy a big block of tickets for the games thursday and saturday. If you want to go and haven't bought tickets, the wings are giving us a $15 discount on tickets if we buy at least 20 tickets. go to jacketbackers.org for more info, and see everyone in detroit!

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 02:38 PM
roo jacket

I had a dream last night.... where the jackets fans had taken to the high seas in a giant submarine.

We lost our first playoff game and the fans went out of control, and became felons on the loose off the coast of florida...

I didn't know where to post this, but the sea of blue thread seamed appropriate.

roo jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
JacketBacker

A bit of info about the Jacket Backers

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things about the Jacket Backers. I am the current treasurer of the club and have not been on these boards for quite some time. I used to read them regularly.

As mentioned earlier Terry Shaw was who I would attribute starting the club to, but I do know that Kevin Green also did a lot of work as well. I was not involved in any official capacity back then but did join the club as soon as I was aware of it in 2002 or 2003. No intention to slight Kevin or anyone else that worked to start the club. I know that they did a ton of work, but I don't know the details of exactly who did what. That was just my impression back then.

The Jacket Backers are not owned by or an "official arm" of the Columbus Blue Jackets. We are an independent corporation. We are currently a not-for-profit corporation formed for social purposes. We are exempt from taxes but are not a charity that can result in a tax deduction for donations to the Jacket Backers club.

The Blue Jackets are kind enough to provide us with a table at home games that we can use to promote our club and help to provide information to our members. We respect the organization and the arena and do not promote anything that is in conflict with their sponsors or their goals. We currently have an excellent working relationship with the organization, and strive to maintain that, but ultimately, the officers of the club call the shots for the club.

In the past, bus trips have been some of our major events. Bus trips take lots of time to plan, and require a fair amount of cash up front for deposits on the bus, and tickets, and hotels. They also involve risk of losing that money if not enough people join the trip. This year we tried a new approach, by only arranging for tickets in various cities. This allowed us to visit more places than we have in the past. We also did one bus trip to St. Louis.

We have been offered exclusive tours of Nationwide Arena and have had a member skate on the main ice in Nationwide Arena. We have raised money for the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation and made food donations to local food banks. We have our own game watching events around Columbus and promote and encourage our members to attend events sponsored by the Blue Jackets as well.

We are trying to diversify what we do, and meet the needs of all fans the best we can. Any suggestions and feedback is always appreciated.

Currently, we have about 300 members. We are a 21 and over club.

The main reason we do not try to promote on the forums is that in the past, that has been met with less than favorable reactions from forum board members. It was viewed as shameless self promotion without adding anything to the fan discussions of various message boards. Those reactions may have come from various boards in the past, before HF Boards became the ultimate CBJ fan forum.

I appreciate the explanations that Robert and PLong123 have provided but thought I may be able to clear a few things up about where the club is today. Thank you for your time, this turned into a lengthier post than I intended when I started.

Bottom line, we all have one thing in common, we are diehard fans of the Columbus Blue Jackets!

GO JACKETS!!! CARRY THE FLAG!!!

JacketBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
naihlflames

Blue? I was planning on wearing my Red Wings jersey. The only blue I have is my University of Michigan jersey.

I am coming to the game. Do you prefer my Red Wings jersey or to fit in better my blue University of Michigan jersey?

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Blue? I was planning on wearing my Red Wings jersey. The only blue I have is my University of Michigan jersey.

I am coming to the game. Do you prefer my Red Wings jersey or to fit in better my blue University of Michigan jersey?

lol Michigan would be better. After the game you can buy the winners hockey sweater at Blue line shop. They have plenty.

Last edited by Robert: 04-14-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old
04-15-2009, 06:34 AM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
lol Michigan would be better. After the game you can buy the winners hockey sweater at Blue line shop. They have plenty.
Good luck (but not too much) and enjoy your first playoff shot. I do find it ironic that with the long standing Mich-OSU rivalry that we have the RED Wings and you have the BLUE Jackets.

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

Washington crowd looks great

are our fans gonna know how to dress? cause im leaning towards no but i could be wrong

any word from the marketing department? are they gonna encourage people to wear blue?

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Washington crowd looks great

are our fans gonna know how to dress? cause im leaning towards no but i could be wrong

any word from the marketing department? are they gonna encourage people to wear blue?
I would say the best thing to do at this point is tell everyone to wear blue and make sure everyone they know hears about it too.

Another shot of Calgary:

I believe the fans in Calgary started that tradition on their own. I don't know if there's going to be any attempt by the team, but I saw let's take matters into our own hands.

Old
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

How many morons in red Ohio State gear will show up to the games?

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Judging by what I've seen when I've eaten at Mitchell's Steakhouse and other inappropriate venues, an uncomfortable minority won't and most of them will wear what you're afraid they'll show up in.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
They are not morons and Sam has warned us about this subject, but I'll tell ya, when I see those red OSU pull over jackets in the mens room I get pissed.

Old
04-16-2009, 09:05 AM
JacketsIslesFan

I'm all for the 'Sea of Blue'. I was wondering... aren't the Pepsi Patrol supposed to be kind of like Blue Jackets cheerleaders? If so, aren't they the ones who are supposed to be responsible for starting new chants and such? How 'bout we give them that task and let them earn their money in other more productive ways than throwing t-shirts?

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Casework

Let's not worry about relying on others to get this started. We can do it! Just spread the word to everyone!

Old
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
1hunglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsIslesFan View Post
How 'bout we give them that task and let them earn their money in other more productive ways than throwing t-shirts?
What were you really thinking about when you typed this hmmmmm?

Todd--#73-

1hunglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Robert
Foligno family

If anyone has contacts with Kim Kershaw perhaps a note to her about Sea of Blue T-shirts for our opener would be in order?

As for my group we are wearing our blue home jerseys..the oldest we have.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
1hunglo

All fans attending the first two home playoff games at Nationwide Arena will receive commemorative giveaways. Nationwide Insurance will provide all fans a rally flag for all first round games, while all fans attending home games 1 and 2 will also receive a commemorative ticket (unique for each game) and game programs

Todd--#73-

1hunglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
Quote:
For the CBJ, that means blue, and the goal is to turn Nationwide Arena into an ocean of blue. Other teams have done it in the past—Calgary and its sea of red; the Phoenix ne Winnipeg whiteout.

The CBJ doesn’t have a successful past—only a present. So fans are hoping to start with playoff blue. Wear whatever Blue Jackets gear you can find—team shops are filthy with it—and slip it on.
I moved this over here.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Since this subject came up I remembered in season 2 or 3? the Jackets wanted the crowd to chant "Lets go Jackets lets go Blue".

It was scrubbed due to college football references. Should we go back to that chant?

Old
04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
winJACKETSwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Since this subject came up I remembered in season 2 or 3? the Jackets wanted the crowd to chant "Lets go Jackets lets go Blue".

It was scrubbed due to college football references. Should we go back to that chant?
"Let's go Blue" is a little too close to the slogan from the state up north.

It's pretty much gonna be a sea of blue anyway. I think that the whiteout looks the most impressive, especially on TV.

winJACKETSwin is offline   Reply With Quote