HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

One of Edmontons top 4 D

Old
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
One of Edmontons top 4 D

Edmonton will be looking to move one of the following this summer

Souray 5.5 4.5 4.5
Vishnovsky 7.0 6.0 5.0 3.0
Gilbert 3.5 5.5 5.0 3.5
Grebshekov RFA

Any of them would fit into a team looking for a offensive defenseman. I have listed their contract numbers starting next season.

What the Oilers would like in return is a top 6 forward with Size.

They would also be willing to add the following into a trade

Robert Nilsson
Marc Antoine Pouliot
Rob Schremp

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Grebeshkov and Visnovsky are not available, if Tambellini is smart.

Gilbert is probably it.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Starscream

Souray for the rights to Jay Bo, and the Jay Bo signs log term in Edmonton is my dream move for the Oilers this year.

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Souray for the rights to Jay Bo, and the Jay Bo signs log term in Edmonton is my dream move for the Oilers this year.
Souray is next years Captain (unless he requests a trade). I think we will see Visnovsky traded this summer - whether it is for a forward, or as you speculate, for Bouwmeester's rights.

Souray brings a lot of intangibles to a team that is in desperate need of them - with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit. Bouwmeester is everything that Vis is, with added size, youth, and defensive ability. I am not saying Vis is not a great player, he is... but looking at it logically he is the odd man out given the circumstances. Grebs has not signed yet - he will; Souray, as I said is a future Captain; Gilbert is young, compared to Souray and Vis, and has a reasonable cap hit.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit.
That would be one expensive blueline cap-wise (even with Vis dealt) with JayBo at round $7 million.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Jeffro

Assuming we can get somebody to eat McKee, wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take a run at Gilbert.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
davemess

Tom Gilbert would be the easiest guy to move and bring in the most in trade i suspect.

My guess is the Oilers could get something similar for Gilbert that the Penguins got for Ryan Whitney.

davemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
mcote97

I hate all this talk of dealing Gilbert. It appears he loves edmonton, and he's only going to get better. I love the idea of having a young defence lead by Souray! I like Vis but if a deal has to be made I say move him to make room 4 a stay at home d-man! WE DO NOT NEED another top six forward, we need a top goal scorer! Hopefully with a good stay at home d-man we will cut down on shots against next year!

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

To PHX:
Steve Staios

To EDM:
David Hale

Oilers save money, Phoenix upgrades. The Oilers get to keep all of their top four, and the Coyotes get a guy who can fill in until some of the kids are ready. Comparable defensemen will want longer contracts. Not an option for the Coyotes, at this point.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
To PHX:
Steve Staios

To EDM:
David Hale

Oilers save money, Phoenix upgrades. The Oilers get to keep all of their top four, and the Coyotes get a guy who can fill in until some of the kids are ready. Comparable defensemen will want longer contracts. Not an option for the Coyotes, at this point.
This is one of the better proposals that I've seen around here.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Souray is next years Captain (unless he requests a trade). I think we will see Visnovsky traded this summer - whether it is for a forward, or as you speculate, for Bouwmeester's rights.

Souray brings a lot of intangibles to a team that is in desperate need of them - with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit. Bouwmeester is everything that Vis is, with added size, youth, and defensive ability. I am not saying Vis is not a great player, he is... but looking at it logically he is the odd man out given the circumstances. Grebs has not signed yet - he will; Souray, as I said is a future Captain; Gilbert is young, compared to Souray and Vis, and has a reasonable cap hit.
This is ridicoulous. Players of Souray's or Visnovsky's caliber do not get traded for the rights to negotiate with free agents. As I recall, a couple of years ago, Philly gave up a mid to late1st round pick in a shallow draft to obtain rights of Hartnell and Timonen.
I'd say late 1st-early 2nd right pick is as much as FLA will get for JBo's rights.
Just go and sign JBo if you really want him, then trade Souray/Visnovsky for some good assets...

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Gilbert is the only one available.. unless a serious offer comes up.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:16 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess View Post
Tom Gilbert would be the easiest guy to move and bring in the most in trade i suspect.

My guess is the Oilers could get something similar for Gilbert that the Penguins got for Ryan Whitney.
To Montreal:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Sergei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty

or

To Tampa:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Ryan Malone
Matt Smaby

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

How could you want to trade Souray. Hes knocked any criticism about being healthy and he's a great player.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:23 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
To Montreal:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Sergei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty

or

To Tampa:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Ryan Malone
Matt Smaby

Gilbert has been awful this season. He will not get what Ryan Whitney got in return.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
VelvetJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post

Gilbert has been awful this season. He will not get what Ryan Whitney got in return.
He started out with a weak first half but finished strong in the 2nd.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Giggli G

Quote:

You don't know what you are talking about. Look at his stats and consider his lack of PP time, the fact that as a sophomore he was given first-pairing opposition, etc. You are probably one of those guys who thinks he isn't tough enough, right?

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:37 PM
BOUNCE

Vishnovsky straight up for Bouwmeester. I wouldn't mind adding one of nilsson/pouliot/shremp

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Vishnovsky straight up for Bouwmeester. I wouldn't mind adding one of nilsson/pouliot/shremp
And you call yourself an Oilers fan. Sheesh. Thank goodness you're not the GM. No team will trade players under contract for a player that will become UFA on July 1. The only player not under contract on July 1 from that list is Schremp. The Oilers aren't stupid to make the trade. Florida would be laughing to the bank. It ain't happening. Unbelievable at how the Oilers are so many time involved in crappy trade proposals. This one takes the cake.

04-10-2009, 01:00 AM
harro92

how bout this

Tom Gilbert EDM>OTT
Devan Dubnyk EDM>TOR

Nick Foligno OTT>EDM
CBJ 2nd Round Pick OTT>EDM

harro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Loweded
Twitter: @Loweded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote97 View Post
I hate all this talk of dealing Gilbert. It appears he loves edmonton, and he's only going to get better. I love the idea of having a young defence lead by Souray! I like Vis but if a deal has to be made I say move him to make room 4 a stay at home d-man! WE DO NOT NEED another top six forward, we need a top goal scorer! Hopefully with a good stay at home d-man we will cut down on shots against next year!
About time someone knows what their talking about.

Loweded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:05 AM
BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
And you call yourself an Oilers fan. Sheesh. Thank goodness you're not the GM. No team will trade players under contract for a player that will become UFA on July 1. The only player not under contract on July 1 from that list is Schremp. The Oilers aren't stupid to make the trade. Florida would be laughing to the bank. It ain't happening. Unbelievable at how the Oilers are so many time involved in crappy trade proposals. This one takes the cake.

I would pull the trigger on that trade if I new 100% that Jaybo was going to sign with the OILERS. I made that proposal under the assumption that Jaybo will sign with the OILERS.

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:17 AM
eb_87

Don't Souray and Vishnovsky have full NMC's?

eb_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:48 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by harro92 View Post
how bout this

Tom Gilbert EDM>OTT
Devan Dubnyk EDM>TOR

Nick Foligno OTT>EDM
CBJ 2nd Round Pick OTT>EDM
Underpayment by Ottawa. Two-way top-4 D-men are worth more than top-6 forwards (and where would Foligno fit? Cogliano is stuck on the third line). Gilbert played on the top-pairing for half of the year (with Souray).

I'd do Grebs/Gilbert for P.Bergeron.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 02:43 AM
JohnAlexander

Quote:

Awful like 20th in scoring on D with 44 points?

He might not fetch quite what Whitney got in return but I doubt the comparison is that far off either.

JohnAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote