Alexander Radulov

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Alexander Radulov

I really want the Stars to pick this guy in this years draft. To do so, we may have to trade up, but we really need sniper prospects. This guy apparently has absolutely incredible stickhandling skills, high-end scoring touch, and size. He was ranked #3 on Redline(i think) and has been compared on these boards to Zherdev. Lets take a gamble on this guy and hopefully he can turn into a 1st line forward for us. Any thoughts?

Old
03-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Dr GLU

Too early to tell, I say, but I really can't see the Stars as being able to move up too far with what they have, so I'd put the thought out of mind.

Old
03-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Dundalis

I dont know if we have to move up. Most people rank him in the mid 20's. If we do have to move up, it shouldnt be too many places. But yes I like the sounds of him. Another thing that will drop him down is he is said to have somewhat of a bad attitute/personal problems. Could potentially be an O'Sullivan situation. Him or Meszaros should both be around at our pick. Meszaros has potentially the best offensive potential of all D-Men in the draft. He's 6'2 so has size as well that he can grow into. Very much like Zubov, will take people on, agile and is an awesome passer.

Last edited by Dundalis: 03-18-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old
03-18-2004, 12:31 AM
OttMorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis
I dont know if we have to move up. Most people rank him in the mid 20's. If we do have to move up, it shouldnt be too many places. But yes I like the sounds of him. Another thing that will drop him down is he is said to have somewhat of a bad attitute/personal problems. Could potentially be an O'Sullivan situation.
Who do you want to see us pick?

Old
03-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Dundalis

Probably Meszaros as I said, though he is somewhat of a gamble, a bit like Polak was, awesome talent, but not guaranteed to transisition his game.

Old
03-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Dundalis

I agree with hipfan, now that we will have a low draft position we will not likely be able to move up much. When it was higher earlier in the year I was more excited that we could move up, but I doubt it now. There is still very good talent that will be around though, this draft is not as shallow as people say, it is an excellent draft for defensemen. If I had to choose my first preference would have been to move up to get Shremp, as I like him a lot, but I like Meszaros a lot, and I would actually pick him third after of course Thelan and Barker who are well ahead of the rest imo.

Old
03-18-2004, 12:54 AM
Dundalis

Oh, add Lukas Kaspar to the players I like. Could develop into a highly skilled power forward.

Old
03-18-2004, 01:01 AM
OttMorrow

Who is this Thelen guy? What is his position/upside/size?

Old
03-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Dundalis

He's a big defensemen round 6'3 215 or so I think, excellent skating for his size, very good offensive upside, and also good defensively. Could potentially be better than Barker, because his defensive game is so much better and his offensive game is actually not all that far behind he does have excellent offensive upside. Very underrated I believe, though it's possible he, like O'Neil will opt out as he plays college hockey.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:22 AM
munkeyman70

Cam Barker, 1st (if possibble)
Bruce Graham, 2nd (definite possibility)

Old
03-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Dr GLU

Quote:
I dont know if we have to move up. Most people rank him in the mid 20's. If we do have to move up, it shouldnt be too many places.
That's about where Jeff Carter was ranked at this time last year, too, and he wound up going 11th overall. Brent Burns wasn't even projected to be a first rounder. Organizations often think differently from the available material, so I hesitate to assign potential draft positions this early.

Old
03-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Dundalis

Yes but Radulov has personal problems dogging him, unlike those players, very similar to O'Sullivan, who was ranked as a high first rounder, not a third rounder. Obviously people thought O'Sullivans talent would get him picked in spite of his personal problems but that didnt happen. Same could happen with Radulov.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Dr GLU

Like I said, it's still a bit early to tell...a lot can happen between now and the draft (there are some big Int'l tourneys still to go). But from what you say, Radulov sounds a lot like Evseev except without being highly touted to begin with.

Personally, at this point, I want Carl Söderberg out of Sweden...and judging by the way the Stars have drafted in past, I bet they're looking at him.

Old
03-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUhipfan
Like I said, it's still a bit early to tell...a lot can happen between now and the draft (there are some big Int'l tourneys still to go). But from what you say, Radulov sounds a lot like Evseev except without being highly touted to begin with.

Personally, at this point, I want Carl Söderberg out of Sweden...and judging by the way the Stars have drafted in past, I bet they're looking at him.
ANOTHER two-way player? I think sooner or later the Stars need to go with something different, someone very offensively gifted, whether it be a forward or defenseman. Radulov, Kaspar or Lisin for a forward, Meszaros or Smid for a defensemen.

Old
03-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
ANOTHER two-way player? I think sooner or later the Stars need to go with something different, someone very offensively gifted, whether it be a forward or defenseman. Radulov, Kaspar or Lisin for a forward, Meszaros or Smid for a defensemen.
I think so, too, but I do think you're underrating Söderberg's talent. Just because I player's not one dimensional doesn't mean they can't score. Plus, the kid's got size and wheels.

And you know as well as I do that they'll take a strong worker with a little less talent over a boom or bust player every draft. It's their MO, and I wouldn't expect that to change.

Anyway, it's still early, and I haven't looked over the draft a lot yet. I've had more important things to worry about...like graduating from school.

Old
03-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Dundalis

Thats fair enough you should concentrate on school. But they do have practically two late first round picks like last year, so maybe they will get both. Personally I hope they take Kaspar with the first, but Radulov if he is available, and Meszaros with the next. Or in the order in which they see either dropping down to. Kaspar is a lot like Tukonen, big power forward type, with skills you usually see in smaller players.

Old
03-21-2004, 09:25 AM
StarsPensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeyman70
Cam Barker, 1st (if possibble)
Bruce Graham, 2nd (definite possibility)
Doubt Dallas could get Barker -- sounds like he'll go pretty quick.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:00 PM
munkeyman70

I have been doing some reading and I am starting to like what I read about Andrew Ladd. I dunno where he is projected to go, but I would like to see him in our system. Big, mean, good playmaker, sound on both ends...Dallas needs some power forward prospects...

Last edited by munkeyman70: 03-26-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old
03-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Dundalis

No we dont. We definately do not need any more checking line players. We need some players who can be top liners, with good scoring potential.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:06 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
No we dont. We definately do not need any more checking line players. We need some players who can be top liners, with good scoring potential.

Is this in response to my Andrew Ladd post?

Old
03-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Dundalis

Yes

Old
03-26-2004, 11:32 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Yes

Do you even know who Andrew Ladd is or did you make and assumption based on my post? Look at his #s he isnt going to be a checking line winger....he is a scorer with a mean streak and size....his +/- speak to his maturity and defensive awareness...

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2003-2004 WHL Season Calgary Hitmen 71 30 45 75 39 119

Old
03-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Dundalis

Im quite well aware of who he is, and from what ive read, many scouts see him translating into a checking line winger in the NHL. Stafford is similar, and may even go higher than Ladd.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Dundalis

A lot of mock drafts ive seen seem to have us taking Lisin. Probably the faster skater in the draft, with good sniper potential.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
A lot of mock drafts ive seen seem to have us taking Lisin. Probably the faster skater in the draft, with good sniper potential.
I think the Stars will take the best defenseman available, maybe even with their 2nd pick too. Only Daley seems to have legit top 4 potential right now, he has progressed as planned, if not better, whereas Vagner seems to become more and more like a project. After those 2 there's a huge gap, John Erskine, Matt Nickerson and Dan Jancevski will likely become tough 3rd pairing defensemen, and the time of especially Erskine and Jancevski is slowly running out.

I'd draft the two best defenseman available with our first and CLB's 2nd. We need defense more then anything..

Closed Thread