Pacem

vCash: 500
Aucoin re-injured? ><

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacem View Post
Aucoin re-injured? ><
Interesting. That is what it looks like. Aucoin and Peters out and Negrin in. Back to 16players.

I guess they could be giving Phaneuf a game off as well maybe? He is supposedly not a 100% and is going to be needed big time in the playoffs if the injuries to Regehr and Sarich are as serious as they sound.

Not good.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Updates on the injury front

As per Rob Kerr, Conroy said Regehr was riding the bike this morning and walking around, and that he will be back sooner than later.

Phaneuf did not skate this morning, but it's just some time off to rest. He is expected to play this weekend. Bourque also didn't skate, but Keenan said there's been no setback to his recovery and that he's exactly where he should be at this point. Just being extra cautious with these guys. Conroy and Moss also didn't skate this morning, but are expected to play.

No mention of Sarich or Aucoin (none that I heard, anyway).

When Conroy was asked what was more important to them - getting healthy or winning the Division - he said getting healthy.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
As per Rob Kerr, Conroy said Regehr was riding the bike this morning and walking around, and that he will be back sooner than later.

Phaneuf did not skate this morning, but it's just some time off to rest. He is expected to play this weekend. Bourque also didn't skate, but Keenan said there's been no setback to his recovery and that he's exactly where he should be at this point. Just being extra cautious with these guys. Conroy and Moss also didn't skate this morning, but are expected to play.

When Conroy was asked what was more important to them - getting healthy or winning the Division - he said getting healthy.
I agree, home ice would be nice but a healthy line-up is paramount right now. Lets hope we can get back a few bodies before round 1 starts. Thanks for the update SR.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

Came in here to post this exact same thing. I would think Aucoin is fine though, he played against Vancouver and generally no news is good news if the situation seems alright.

For Sarich, they basically just went over the rumors about how he's not due back till the third round of the playoffs (should we get that far), stuff like that.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Treliving The Dream

This is getting ridiculous.

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Lunatik*

this is getting ridiculous... if these guys are hurting I say **** the last 2 games... rest kipper play the kids alot and avoid more injuries to key players... doesnt matter who we play if we are this beaten up they will be out in 4 or 5... get heathiers and maybe we have a chance

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
this is getting ridiculous... if these guys are hurting I say **** the last 2 games... rest kipper play the kids alot and avoid more injuries to key players... doesnt matter who we play if we are this beaten up they will be out in 4 or 5... get heathiers and maybe we have a chance
Agreed - if everyone needs the rest then give it to them, who knows the kids might suprise and play well. And who wouldn't love seeing McElhinney get his first win in the last game of the season

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Yeah most important right now is to get healthy and get some bodies back at this point. Just brutal timing with these injuries. Hopefully none of them are as serious as some of the rumours are saying. Would be nice to have atleast Bourque and Regehr back for the start of the playoffs.

JDD is getting the start for both oiler games so Keenan better play McElhinney in one of them (I would even think about playing him in both) to give Kipper some rest.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 05:10 PM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

One would think getting healthy is more important.

A healthy Flames with their heads straight can beat anyone (lets face it, I hate the Flames but even I have to give credit where its due)

Now a Flames without their real line up? Not many teams can take that hit, even Detroit looked like crap last year without their regular D-men.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
cross16

They need to get healthier, thats without question. I think thats the reason for the negrin move. Take some ice time away from Phaneuf and Aucoin so they are not completed taxed by the time the playoffs start.

Sounds like Bourque will play a game or so this weekend. McE should start at least one of the games, likely the home one I think.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
crazyforhockey

So on sportsnet ticker tape that Regher will miss both remaining games.(mcl)

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
BearChi

thsecore ticker says regher could be out for the a least the first round

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Habs fan in Montreal here...

Sympathy for all of the injuries to the impressive Flames. We know what its like...

Good luck in the PO's

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote