Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mannheimer Jungadler Win DNL Championship

Old
04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

vCash: 500
Mannheimer Jungadler Win DNL Championship

They won the series 2-1 against the Berliner Eisbären Juniors.

5:1 gegen die Eisbären – Jungadler holen den Titel

English Translation:

In the all deciding game three for the German Junior Championship the Junior Adler Mannheim defeated the Berlin Junior Eisbären 5-1 (1-1,2-0,2-0) and secured their 9th DNL title.

Only in the first period could the Eisbären keep the game open and after the early lead by Frederik Tiffels for Mannheim could Berlin even it up in the 12th minute from Vladislav Filin. In the second period the exceptional players of head coach Helmut de Raaf used two power plays in front of 2,210 spectators in SAP arena and led 3-1. Leon Draisaitl und Kai Herpich scored in the 28th and 30th minute.

In the third period the Eisbären didn’t have an answer. They had to deal with the 4th goal in the 49th minute. Leon Draisaitl was the goal scorer again. When Berlins coach Steffen Ziesche put all of his eggs in one basket with six minutes remaining and pulled his goalie in favor of a sixth skater, Alexander Ackermann scored to make it 5-1.

We congratulate Helmut de Raaf and his team for winning the championship, whereby the second junior championship could already be brought to Mannheim after the championship win of the U-16 team two weeks ago.

http://del-englisch.blogspot.com/201...ior-adler.html

Extra Info

MVP of the DNL regular season and one of the top German prospects Leon Draisaitl had 2 G and 1 A. Playoff stats 8 games,6 G, 6 A,12 P

Last edited by sturmthis: 04-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:11 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmthis View Post
and secured their 10th DNL title.
it's only their 9th, although it probably feels like it's their 25th in 10 years or so. DNL championship is only big news if mannheim didn't win it. otherwise it's business as usual.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
it's only their 9th, although it probably feels like it's their 25th in 10 years or so. DNL championship is only big news if mannheim didn't win it. otherwise it's business as usual.
Well, it was closer than I expected. I didn't really expect Berlin to win a game in the finals series. But in the end it was Mannheim again and thus, as you so rightly put it, business as usual.

I guess the only championship more predictable in Germany is the men's water polo championship, which is always won by Spandau.

Maverick41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:55 AM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Thank you for the correction. Although, it would be better to be a Berlin fan the last 7 years. 5 DEL titles is a little better than DNL ones

sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmthis View Post
Thank you for the correction. Although, it would be better to be a Berlin fan the last 7 years. 5 DEL titles is a little better than DNL ones
i would rather watch DNL games each weekend than DEL ones, that's for sure. DNL hockey is run and gun and the kids don't mind physical play.
the DEL is only interesting during play-offs.

i'm glad they stopped the idea of expanding the DNL. sucks for koeln, but a bigger league would have lowered the talent level. i'm confident regensburg will be an excellent addition.

Old
04-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Quote:
i would rather watch DNL games each weekend than DEL ones, that's for sure. DNL hockey is run and gun and the kids don't mind physical play.
the DEL is only interesting during play-offs.

i'm glad they stopped the idea of expanding the DNL. sucks for koeln, but a bigger league would have lowered the talent level. i'm confident regensburg will be an excellent addition.
You watch the DNL often? Have you seen Fussen play at all this year? I used to play U18's with their captain Joey Lewis when he still played in the UK

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
You watch the DNL often? Have you seen Fussen play at all this year? I used to play U18's with their captain Joey Lewis when he still played in the UK
no, i have no DNL team close to me unfortunately, so i haven't watched lewis. last time i've seen him was 2 years ago when he played for iserlohn which is a bit closer to me and i was able to attend their games.

but his scoring explosion this year was impressive. he would have won the scoring title if he would have played the whole season. füssen was a very injury plagued team and went ouf of gas a bit in the end of the season.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Quote:
no, i have no DNL team close to me unfortunately, so i haven't watched lewis. last time i've seen him was 2 years ago when he played for iserlohn which is a bit closer to me and i was able to attend their games.

but his scoring explosion this year was impressive. he would have won the scoring title if he would have played the whole season. füssen was a very injury plagued team and went ouf of gas a bit in the end of the season.
If he stays in Germany next season what level do you think he will play? I noticed he didn't play up for Füssen in the Oberliga unlike some of his teammates did, would that be because he is an import? What are the import rules in Germany? Would he be an import in the professional leagues even though he played for 3 years in the DNL? I think in the French leagues you're not an import if you are from an EU country, is it the same in Germany?

Old
04-03-2012, 07:22 AM
zecke26

Quote:
If he stays in Germany next season what level do you think he will play? I noticed he didn't play up for Füssen in the Oberliga unlike some of his teammates did, would that be because he is an import? What are the import rules in Germany? Would he be an import in the professional leagues even though he played for 3 years in the DNL? I think in the French leagues you're not an import if you are from an EU country, is it the same in Germany?
it's indeed because of import rules. german hockey is the center of idiocy and therefore they don't have any special rules for imports who played in german juniors. which is why all imports from youth leagues either have to leave or have to become german. it's really silly. there are usually belgian and dutch players in western german teams who have played in the club for 8+ years. that's homegrown talent. and still they count as import in men's leagues.

the import rule for oberliga (3rd-tier) is that you can use 2 imports in a game. so if one import gets injured, you can dress another one. due to that limitation, the import spots are important and teams don't use them for junior imports like lewis which is sad.

i think he either has to find himself a team in 4th-tier. but in bavaria the 4th-tier only allows one import and therefore no team will spend it on a kid. so he would have to move to other parts of germany. if he'd decide to do so, he could probably play get a job in another 3rd-tier division at a bottom dweller. those weak teams don't have the money to get good imports. they might give him a chance. i think he can handle 3rd-tier and start there. if not, probably going back to great britain might be best for him and his development. he shouldn't play in tiers that are too low, because he can become a hockey pro and should help british national team down the road.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Quote:
it's indeed because of import rules. german hockey is the center of idiocy and therefore they don't have any special rules for imports who played in german juniors. which is why all imports from youth leagues either have to leave or have to become german. it's really silly. there are usually belgian and dutch players in western german teams who have played in the club for 8+ years. that's homegrown talent. and still they count as import in men's leagues.

the import rule for oberliga (3rd-tier) is that you can use 2 imports in a game. so if one import gets injured, you can dress another one. due to that limitation, the import spots are important and teams don't use them for junior imports like lewis which is sad.

i think he either has to find himself a team in 4th-tier. but in bavaria the 4th-tier only allows one import and therefore no team will spend it on a kid. so he would have to move to other parts of germany. if he'd decide to do so, he could probably play get a job in another 3rd-tier division at a bottom dweller. those weak teams don't have the money to get good imports. they might give him a chance. i think he can handle 3rd-tier and start there. if not, probably going back to great britain might be best for him and his development. he shouldn't play in tiers that are too low, because he can become a hockey pro and should help british national team down the road.
Yeah that sounds really stupid, in GB you aren't an import if you've played 2 consecutive years of junior hockey here. It looks like he will come back home then, he's definitely good enough for EPIHL (2nd tier) and I wouldn't be shocked if he signed for Cardiff in the EIHL

Old
04-03-2012, 08:19 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Yeah that sounds really stupid, in GB you aren't an import if you've played 2 consecutive years of junior hockey here. It looks like he will come back home then, he's definitely good enough for EPIHL (2nd tier) and I wouldn't be shocked if he signed for Cardiff in the EIHL
don't you still have that 2way-system where players can play in both leagues? if so, lewis would be a good candidate to sign with a EIHL team and split season with his EIHL team and a EPIHL team.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Quote:
don't you still have that 2way-system where players can play in both leagues? if so, lewis would be a good candidate to sign with a EIHL team and split season with his EIHL team and a EPIHL team.
Yes, but only certain teams have those links. I think he would be most likely to sign for Cardiff since that's where he's from but Cardiff don't have a link with an EPIHL team, they have a team in the 3rd tier but he would be far too good for that league. Cardiff have a few young good British players though so they may not want him and I could see him signing for one of the weaker teams who are in need of better British players.