HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM-PIT blockbuster

Old
04-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
EDM-PIT blockbuster

To PIT: Hemsky, Gagner, (choice of) Grebeshkov/Gilbert, 1st 09 (8th-10th overall)

To EDM: Crosby

Why PIT might do it: Because this team could improve its chances of being a perrenial Stanley cup finalist with a better supporting cast. Consider that with Crosby in tow, they have 40mil tied up in 7 players next year (Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Orpik, Staal, Kunitz, MAF). If the cap is 55mil next year, thats 15mil for the remaining 16players that make up the active roster. No doubt that is an impressive core, but leaves little money for a championship calibre supporting cast (See Red Wings, Detroit). Hemsky is a lock for 85-90pts playing with Malkin. Gagner has put the sophomore jinx to rest with a stellar second half. Grebeshkov would look great playing with Gonchar. 1st line RW, 19yr old top 6 F, and a Dman that would be (at worst) a #3 on the Pens (37pts and +10). Now they only need 14 players with 15mil remaining and less big needs (top 4 D now filled, 1 less top 6 F needed).

Why EDM might do it: Because Crosby is a top 5 player in the game. The deal includes significant risks (Hemsky should really blossom playing with players of equal/greater talent, the deal is a slight overpayment, a lot of money tied up in one player), but Katz has to do something to pacify a rabid fan base that - despite missing the playoffs for a 3rd yr in a row - is likely facing another increase in ticket pricing. Another risk of course is he's only guaranteed to be here for 4 yrs when he becomes a UFA.

I really don't know if I could pull the trigger on a deal like this from either team's perspective. Thoughts?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
VelvetJones

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
exactly

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
ic3d2

I think this would make it 4 straight...

ic3d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
OilCountry6

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............. ..

OilCountry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
AK

Excellent.

/sarcasm.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I don't think the Pens need your help.

Keep building around Hemsky, Gagner, Grebeshkov/Gilbert, 1st 09 (8th-10th overall) Those are quality assets for your team and we'll keep Crosby and we'll be fine despite what all the prophets of doom post on this board.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
GDU

better proposal:

to pitts;
penner/horcoff/nilsson

to edmonton:
crosby/malkin

reasoning:
in nhl 09 i did this and the computer accepted the trade so it should work, also it lets pitts load up on underachieving wingers and gives them horcoff who could mentor staal into becoming an overpaid grinder...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:26 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
better proposal:

to pitts;
penner/horcoff/nilsson

to edmonton:
crosby/malkin

reasoning:
in nhl 09 i did this and the computer accepted the trade so it should work, also it lets pitts load up on underachieving wingers and gives them horcoff who could mentor staal into becoming an overpaid grinder...
umm. .Edmonton would have to throw in a 2nd round pick. . but other than that i like it!!

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
robs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
better proposal:

to pitts;
penner/horcoff/nilsson

to edmonton:
crosby/malkin

reasoning:
When I was playing NHL 08 I traded Kubina and a 1st for Ovechkin

robs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:37 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs87 View Post
When I was playing NHL 08 I traded Kubina and a 1st for Ovechkin
Wow! i didnt know ove's value was that high!

Old
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
River Man

One thing I've learned on HF is that when a fake trade proposal has "Blockbuster" in the title it's going to suck real bad.

River Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Soundwave

How about this instead

To Edmonton:

Sidney Crosby
Blueprints for Delorian Time Machine

To Pittsburgh:

Wayne Gretzky circa 1988
Conditional 1st 2009
Robert Nilsson

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
How about this instead

To Edmonton:

Sidney Crosby
Blueprints for Delorian Time Machine

To Pittsburgh:

Wayne Gretzky circa 1988
Conditional 1st 2009
Robert Nilsson
whats the condition on the 1st?

Old
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
I was wondering the same thing! tell us!

Old
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Why EDM might do it: Because Crosby is a top 5 player in the game. The deal includes significant risks (Hemsky should really blossom playing with players of equal/greater talent, the deal is a slight overpayment, a lot of money tied up in one player), but Katz has to do something to pacify a rabid fan base that - despite missing the playoffs for a 3rd yr in a row - is likely facing another increase in ticket pricing. Another risk of course is he's only guaranteed to be here for 4 yrs when he becomes a UFA.
The bolded part right there should be the reason why this deal shouldn't happen. It is far too risky for the Oilers. I mean, it is a massive overpayment for them, and they are losing Ales Hemsky who is going to be a perennial all-star one day. I don't know why the Oilers should invest that much in Sidney Crosby. They'd have no depth by making this deal.

Stay away Oilers!!!!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:53 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Man View Post
One thing I've learned on HF is that when a fake trade proposal has "Blockbuster" in the title it's going to suck real bad.
haha yup! thats how it is round here!

Old
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Pittsburgh gets the 1st if they can get Marty McFly's parents back together *without* giving Biff Tanner the sports almanac.

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
The bolded part right there should be the reason why this deal shouldn't happen. It is far too risky for the Oilers. I mean, it is a massive overpayment for them, and they are losing Ales Hemsky who is going to be a perennial all-star one day. I don't know why the Oilers should invest that much in Sidney Crosby. They'd have no depth by making this deal.

Stay away Oilers!!!!

Ya, and plus giving up a decent 1st rounder in such a deep draft is just plain stupid. That sydney crosby guy isnt worth that alone. Let alone Ales Hemsky, a top 10 player in the league.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

Add Malkin and maybe Edmonton considers it.

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
The Pucks

Its been a long, long season for suffering Oilers fans.

Hemsky, Gagner, Gilbert cap hit, 9.75 million

Crosby cap hit 8.7 million.

If your going to sell a deal on cap savings, might actually want to consider the salary of the guys your trading.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
gsx capsfan

Send a message via AIM to gsx capsfan Send a message via Yahoo to gsx capsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Pittsburgh gets the 1st if they can get Marty McFly's parents back together *without* giving Biff Tanner the sports almanac.
Well, if Pitt gets the time machine, they can get the sports almanac, make billions on sports betting. Mario, can then buy the Oilers, trade Crosby to himself (back to the Pens) and have twice as many pics in each draft year.

I think Pitt needs to look at the long term value of this trade, and pull the trigger.

gsx capsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

To Edmonton:

Mario Lemieux

To Pittsburgh:

Wayne Gretzky

Fair?

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Somehow I don't see the Penguins brass thinking to themselves "We could really use an upgrade on defense and some more good young players...I know! Let's trade one of the top 5 players in the world who's still 7-9 years from his prime to make it happen!!".

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
To PIT: Hemsky, Gagner, (choice of) Grebeshkov/Gilbert, 1st 09 (8th-10th overall)

To EDM: Crosby

Why PIT might do it: Because this team could improve its chances of being a perrenial Stanley cup finalist with a better supporting cast. Consider that with Crosby in tow, they have 40mil tied up in 7 players next year (Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Orpik, Staal, Kunitz, MAF). If the cap is 55mil next year, thats 15mil for the remaining 16players that make up the active roster. No doubt that is an impressive core, but leaves little money for a championship calibre supporting cast (See Red Wings, Detroit). Hemsky is a lock for 85-90pts playing with Malkin. Gagner has put the sophomore jinx to rest with a stellar second half. Grebeshkov would look great playing with Gonchar. 1st line RW, 19yr old top 6 F, and a Dman that would be (at worst) a #3 on the Pens (37pts and +10). Now they only need 14 players with 15mil remaining and less big needs (top 4 D now filled, 1 less top 6 F needed).

I really don't know if I could pull the trigger on a deal like this from either team's perspective. Thoughts?

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote