HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many think that law theyre

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Raider917

vCash: 500
How many think that law theyre

trying to get iin Ottawa is stupid? I hate toronto jerseys in the molson centre too but the law is still stupid. watch when toronto start going downhill and we are there best canadian competition, will they make the same type of law for montreal jerseys?

Old
03-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Let's hope people will protest by buying Habs jerseys!

Old
03-17-2004, 07:52 PM
romain_jaime

do you guys write better in english? I've tried to make sense of your post but got a headache trying

Old
03-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
trying to get iin Ottawa is stupid? I hate toronto jerseys in the molson centre too but the law is still stupid. watch when toronto start going downhill and we are there best canadian competition, will they make the same type of law for montreal jerseys?
what the hell are you taling about

Old
03-17-2004, 08:33 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
which law ???? WTF !!

Old
03-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Rahan

They passed a law in Ottawa saying that people will get fined if they bring a Leafs jersey to the Corel Centre. They say the fine would be an obligation to donate (food I think) to a charity thing.

But they say they can't really enforce it.
Could heat up a rivalry between teams

Old
03-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
They passed a law in Ottawa saying that people will get fined if they bring a Leafs jersey to the Corel Centre. They say the fine would be an obligation to donate (food I think) to a charity thing.

thank you

Old
03-17-2004, 08:55 PM
tritone

1. they can't do that.
2. why would they even want to try?
3. next time try giving people a clue of what you're talking about in a thread.

Old
03-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Gazou

Heck I live in Ottawa and I didn't ever hear it on the news...everytime I got see the Habs/Ottawa game, me, my wife and my baby all wear the Habs Jersey

Old
03-17-2004, 09:47 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan

NHL would never allow that to happen, the jerseys sold is too much revenue to lose.

Old
03-17-2004, 09:57 PM
hosehead

I think you guys are taking it too seriously -- it's just a way to have a bit of fun. It would be kind of funny to see Leaf fans getting a fine outside the Bell Center for wearing Leaf gear if there was a similar in Montreal. I hope they don't pass a law in Toronto against Habs gear or I'm in trouble ! :p

Old
03-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Darz

Anybody caught rooting for the leafs will suffer the fate of being a fan of an NHL team that will NEVER, EVER win the cup.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:01 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
It's just a charity thing... they're not serious. They're doing this to help out for a food campaign for like the homeless or poor people in Ottawa.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:08 AM
hockey_nut

It's an actual law... so it technically is quite serious... however, the punishment is donating a can of food... good, in a way...

...made me laugh.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:09 AM
mcphee

Is there no humor left in this world ? A councilman proposed a 'resolution'. At worst, it stokes the rivalry a bit, at best it get a few extra bucks or cans in the food bank. Who gets hurt ? It's a resolution, not a law. They can pass a resolution renaming Fridays as mcpheeday if they want. I haven't checked the Leaf board but I'm guessing that they're at p.5 or 6 discussing constitutional issues. It's a joke, personally, i don't find it real funny, but that's just me. April 1 is going to be tough on some people. I passed a resolution that people who have eaten liver in the last 30 days aren't allowed on my property.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Is there no humor left in this world ? A councilman proposed a 'resolution'. At worst, it stokes the rivalry a bit, at best it get a few extra bucks or cans in the food bank. Who gets hurt ? It's a resolution, not a law. They can pass a resolution renaming Fridays as mcpheeday if they want. I haven't checked the Leaf board but I'm guessing that they're at p.5 or 6 discussing constitutional issues. It's a joke, personally, i don't find it real funny, but that's just me. April 1 is going to be tough on some people. I passed a resolution that people who have eaten liver in the last 30 days aren't allowed on my property.
Sense of humour went to hell when the Seinfeld show ended. Everybody takes everything so seriously. I can see it now, half of the western part of the world will probably die of heart attacks in a couple years.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Darz

Quote:
They passed a resolution renaming Fridays as mcpheeday.
Oh man. I can't wait til mcpheeday.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Habber

Quote from a CP story:

In a symbolic move, a city committee passed a resolution Tuesday banning the wearing of Leafs jerseys in the Ottawa Senators' home rink when the Leafs play the Sens on April 3.

The ban, sure to incite anger, defiance and disobedience from diehard Leafs fans, is not official, but covers that match and any playoff games.

Fans who insist on wearing Leafs jerseys will be asked to make a donation to the Ottawa Food Bank.

"We want the Maple Leaf fans in the Corel Centre to realize the city is behind the Senators," said Ottawa Mayor Bob Chiarelli. "Hopefully, they can take a joke better than Don Cherry or (Leafs coach) Pat Quinn.

"Certainly, it's tongue-in-cheek. It's meant to create some excitement around the city about what probably is one of the most significant hockey rivalries in North America," the mayor said.

So lighten up, eh. :p

It's just for fun and is great IMO. Rasises the profile of hcokey and stokes the Sens-Leafs rivalry. All it will lead to is more Leafs jerseys in the crowd and hopefully a big donation to the food bank.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Oh man. I can't wait til mcpheeday.
I decree that on mcpheeday, all Leaf fans will wear thier underwear backwards. Hmmm, maybe I should add a qualifier like, those who wear said garment.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Darz

Quote:
I decree that on mcpheeday, all Leaf fans will wear thier underwear backwards. Hmmm, maybe I should add a qualifier like, those who wear said garment.
Can't we make up something where on Mcpheeday it is legal for hab fans to flog leaf fans?

Old
03-18-2004, 10:42 AM
mcphee

It already is.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Habber

I guess on Mcphee day we could all make and eat CH shaped pretzels, too. (Or throw them at Leaf fans.)

Mmmmmmmmm, sacreligious CH shaped pretzel. *drool*

Old
03-18-2004, 11:36 AM
NWT Habs Fan

If you guys want a good laugh, you should read all the hue and cry on the Leafs' board on this. Some are threatening to move away from Ottawa, others are planning to take the Corel Centre by storm, all while wearing their blue and white "secretly" under their coats. The BWO (Buffoon World Order) is alive and well.

It's a gimmic and the city council is having some fun trying to get the city to stand up and support its team, and throwing in a pitch for some food bank donations as a bonus. I was at a game last year at the Corel Centre and they were offering all Habs fans that donated their Hab jersey some coupon for the Sens gift shop towards the purchase of a new Sens jersey. Needless to say my Habs jersey is still alive and well and was worn all that game and more!!

Old
03-18-2004, 12:13 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
I passed a resolution that people who have eaten liver in the last 30 days aren't allowed on my property.
whats your address... i betta re-route my paper delivery then, or at best get my best friend - hes vegetarian Mcphee. to deliver your paper.....

what happens though if i step on your property??? will i die????

Old
03-18-2004, 12:23 PM
mcphee

Same thing as wearing a Leaf sweater to the Corel Centre, not a damn thing. Resolutions are the civic politician's way of yelling, hey look at me. Seriously, you don't eat liver do you ? There are few foods I avoid, [a look at me will confirm] but liver is one of them. Liver is parental payback.

Closed Thread