HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucie: Suspension?

View Poll Results: Should Lucie be suspended for the slash on Komo?
Suspension 64 41.03%
No Suspension 92 58.97%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2009, 03:19 AM
CarrePrisme

vCash: 500
Komisarek checked Lucic when he didn't have the puck. It was kinda predictable he would retaliate. It wasn't very pretty though, but what can you do. He got punished, Habs are in the playoffs, game was awesome to watch and that's pretty much it.

To those who say his "attack was planned". It's not like he had time to sit down and write up some machiavelic plan. He just rushed toward Komi in an instant and caught him off balance while he got shoved by Thorton. Not like Bertuzzi running after Moore for a whole shift...not the same, at all.

Hopefully Habs play the Bruins in 1st round. That was a very nice prelude. I don't think Habs will make it very far so might as welll be entertaining

Old
04-10-2009, 06:44 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

It was so funny seeing Lucic flip like that. Just hit him a bit, he'll jump on you and we get a 4 minutes PP. That was hilarious.

Also, Shawn Thornton going all emo on O'Byrne when he didn't even mean to go in his way.

Seeing Chara just start pounding Komisarek was cheap.

Very clean team my ass. What a bunch of pansy ass emo loving ********.

Old
04-10-2009, 07:36 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek1710 View Post
Alright, Komi aint a tough guy, but just tell him to stop acting like a tough guy, and he won't have to deal with real tough guys (lucic/chara). It'd be tough for a D-man in the NHL to be like that, but if you going to act hard, be ready to back it up.

BTW, I'm sorry for posting so much on your board, I like reading you guys's opinions (when you guys play the B's i stream team990). And with this post i've equaled my posts on the B's board in the past 3 months.
be serious for a second here... Chara... who in the league is brave enough to drop against him (Laraque aside)...

does than means all the guys should stop playing physical or stop yapping cause they arent stupid enough to get themself a face lift ?

Old
04-10-2009, 07:38 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLLw00d View Post
About that crap... Aaron Ward.. seriously, the guy can't play a period without faking a injury. Saw the replay twice to see that ABSOLUTLY nothing came close to his throat on the play with koivu behind his net.

Next thing you know, the fatty is going all ''Ribeiro'' as if someone just slitted is throat screaming like a freaking pig on the ice.

I guess I don't have to remember anyone here that he was on the ice the very next shift.
what ? Ward is still alive after this ? seriously ?

Old
04-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Taylorzzz

The slash by luci does not warrant a suspension. On the other hand a two handed grab and take down by the head from behind does deserve some diciplinary action.
Yes he got 10 min, but he should have gotten more. That was a very dangerous situation and I'm just glad that Komi is ok.

Plain and simple, luci is a coward. If he had any credibility he would have waited for the next shift and looked for another situation to place a good solid hit on Komi.

I have a new idea for a third jersey for luci, a nice yellow stripe down the back of the jersey. Would go nice with the teddy bear on the front. lol

GO HABS GO!

Old
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
What Lucic did was stupid, but i think he got a strong enough punishment.

However, I can for the life of me understand how Chara got away with only 4 minutes for throwing punchs on Komisarek, that's beyond common sense.

You dont need 2 players to fight to get a fighting major. He drop the gloves, throw punchs liberally and gets away with 4 minutes (and 2 minutes for Komi... lol) ? yeah right, Gainey was right to be pissed at that.

As for the high stick on Ward, nice counter argument considering Tanguay got hit right in the face by Bergeron stick in the middle of the ice within 2 minutes of the Koivu-Ward thing...

Old
04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
skipp18

Go back and look and the Bertuzzi take down of Moore, Lucic on komi last night was eerily similar. Of course the circumstances and premeditation are different the act itself was pretty bad.
Sadly the NHL hands out suspensions based on how injured the victims are and not the acts themselves. If Komi sustained a concussion Lucic would be in big trouble.

Old
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
MTL-rules

I hope not, I can't wait to hear Bruins fans excuses when Lucic will run away from BGL...

Little chicken ****... Lucic is one of the biggest joke in this league and arguably the most overrated one...

Old
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Taylorzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruin66 View Post
Is it not cowardly to cheapshot somebody a shift later?
It was stupid for Komisarek to do. Things like that happen in a game though, was it intent to Injure? I doubt it. Lucic would have done the same thing to Komi.

Was it stupid for lucic to go after him like that from behind? Absolutely.

Did Komisarek think Lucic wasn't going to come after him? I'd have to think he did. He didn't turn around becasue he didn't want to face Lucic, or Thorton for that matter. I'm ok with Lucic going after him, it wasn't a "clean hit," But the way in which he did so was unacceptable, the refs took care of that.

Thorton was jumping in on everybody every chance he got. He and Lucic shouldn't have gone after him like that, but in the heat of the moment it's understandable to me.

The Ward incident though? When he got up didn't he have a large red mark across his neck? Can anyone get a screen cap of it? I don't think it was intentional by any means, but should still be a penalty.

Also Chara on Komisarek... Presumably komisarek did somthing to Krejci in the corner and Chara went in to defend him. Komi threw a couple punches at Chara too, and then Chara got the best of him. This is typical Chara and if you hit him back why can't he hit you? Because he's bigger? Is he not alowed to defend himself because he can beat most players one handed? Excesive force I can understand, but he's not know for Cheap shots or attacking people. If anything most B's fans wish he was more agressive, but he picks his spots.

Great game by you guys, you really brought it and I think that might have been the best game all season. The refs really weren't good either way. Most of the time the opposite team ended up with the PP than I thought was going to. And then all the stoppages for timing issues and penalty minutes (that might have been the off ice guys in Boston though) you'd think that in the modern world we live in there'd be someway to correctly determine penalty minutes and who should be out when other than pencil, paper and 3 minute delays.
Sorry but I thought it was a clean hit on lucy, he just got mad that it was Komi that hit him. He lost control. I never said to get him back with a "cheapshot". If you will take the time to read what I posted it said a good solid hit. As far as the Komi/Chara incident goes...Komi was clearly being held up by the refs while Chara continued to fire punches.

Old
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Pride View Post
I love how u used the picture of Lucic just moments after he pummeled Komisarek in the greatest fight of the year. U gotta see the irony here.... calling him a girl/ballet dancer with a pic that demostrates the exact opposite

..... Doesnt say much about ur boy Komisarek does it??

Of the year? What do you mean? Of the decade... no... the century... no of ALL TIME!!!!

You guys are laughable sometimes... This fight was pretty even until Komisarek got injured... then Lucic finished him while Komi couldn't even hold his shoulder up...

Anyway, a guy who injures his shoulder in a fight, clearly doesn't know how to fight and Komisarek should never fight another time in his career... while your 6'4 230p "middleweight" will keep on pummeling the real middleweights and hide away from guys his size.

The day Lucic will face guys his own size ans skills... he'll start gaining some respect, for now, as I wrote earlier, he's a joke.

Old
04-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I find it amusing that Lucie and the Bruins still get oh so worked up over Komi even though they have pretty much owned us this year. Its like they all collectively hate his guts for some reason. Even when they win, Komi still finds new and creative ways to make their life harder. Its good though, if it wasn't for all that stuff we probably wouldn't have made it to OT tonight.
I call this the Begin effect!

Old
04-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Lone Rogue

I didn't have as much problem with the slash as I did with the attack from behind when Komo was about to fight Thornton.

This actually happened to Laraque in the game against Toronto, as Kubina grabbed him from behind. Nothing really happened with it.

I can't think of a more dangerous thing in the NHL than two guys being allowed to pummel a guy together and it should have been an automatic toss and suspension for Lucic (and Kubina). If two Habs did it I would feel the same.

Bruins fans also have to get off of this "Komo is not a saint" bit. Who cares. We know that. If Ryan Hollweg attacks Chris Simon from behind, its not fair game because of the history. You call things based on when they happen.

Old
04-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Newhabfan

This is a question to my fellow hab fans. It's about our valued foes, the Bruins fans on HF.

See - I only joined this boards a year or so ago (and even started watching hockey about 6-7 years ago) so I'm not that familiar with them. My question is - were they always that obnoxious or is it this year special, because of, you know, the bandwagoning effect of a great year like theirs ?

I mean - I've always been told that there are rotten apples everywhere, and that we have our share of (insert adjective here). But still it does not even compare ....

Should a Bruins fan come here and post something decent, there will be at least a few sensible answers. You know, answers that would make sense.

I did post a very peaceful text on their board (was congratulating them for the game and year and merely pointing that in the end it was a great game since everybody got what they wanted) - all I got were "GTFO troll" or "you/your team sucks" comments. Not one single normal post.

So - were they always like this or is it particular for this long waited year of success ?

Old
04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Davebo
beep beep

lucic's tackling of Komisarek was just as bad as what bertuzzi did to Moore. Only the outcomes were different - Mike got to walk away.

lucic should at least be summoned by the league and be read the riot act. I'd give him 2-3 games just to send the message - no more tackling of players from behind!

Old
04-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
This is a question to my fellow hab fans. It's about our valued foes, the Bruins fans on HF.

See - I only joined this boards a year or so ago (and even started watching hockey about 6-7 years ago) so I'm not that familiar with them. My question is - were they always that obnoxious or is it this year special, because of, you know, the bandwagoning effect of a great year like theirs ?

I mean - I've always been told that there are rotten apples everywhere, and that we have our share of (insert adjective here). But still it does not even compare ....

Should a Bruins fan come here and post something decent, there will be at least a few sensible answers. You know, answers that would make sense.

I did post a very peaceful text on their board (was congratulating them for the game and year and merely pointing that in the end it was a great game since everybody got what they wanted) - all I got were "GTFO troll" or "you/your team sucks" comments. Not one single normal post.

So - were they always like this or is it particular for this long waited year of success ?
2002-2004-2008. Posters on this board are mostly in their 20's, early 30's. They saw their team been taken down by 8th seed habs (2002), 7th seed habs (2004) and 1st seed habs (2008).

I'd feel the same toward any team that would have taken down the habs like that. (Actually i despite the hurricanes and it is not nearly has bad).

It seems there is always something that happen in habs-Bruins series. When the Bruins are the favorite, there is something particular it seems.

In 2002, the Bruins were beating the crap out of the Habs in game 4. Instead of talking about that win, every single talks were toward the cheap shot against Zednik. Habs rebound, win next 2 and the serie.

In 2004, the Bruins had the Habs in the corner with an over time win and a 3-1 lead after the 4th games. What was the talk about after that lost on the habs side? That non-call on the slashing (makes it right or now, it doesnt care). Kovalev got pissed and we win the next 3 games.
Granted you can usually point out to 1 single play when a turnaround happen in a serie (much like the injury to Koivu against the Canes) but it looks like it happen more often against the Bruins (bench penalty to Cherry as a old example of that).

And is this year a sure-fire different scenario? With guys like Thornton, Lucic, Thomas and Chara ready to loose their cool and any moment? It might never happen with Julien keeping them from doing it, but there are signs it could happen yet again and the habs will take good use of that momentum if they ever makes the mistake of giving it to them imo.

Old
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordik_19 View Post
Congrats ! You've just been nominated for best post of the year !

On a side note habs fan, I'd like to know what's your definition of a tough and clean team ? Komisarek constantly hits little players after the whistle for no reason and when he has to answer for his things he turtles. If so then thats right you are a very physical team. I just want to remind you people that Komi hit LuciC from BEHIND and LuciC DIDNT have the puck and he EASILY could have avoided the hit. The hit was intentional. Do you guys know what one of the most important rule in hockey is ? You don't hit a player if he doesnt have the puck you may want to look at that. I dont defend Lucic for what he did after the hit I would have done the same thing and I dont think many guys here that arent pansy cant say the same thing ! Happy 100th ! So far its been great.

You probably shrieked in excitement when Chara started pounding Komisarek who was defenseless, and then you come and whine that Komisarek hit Lucic and you agree with what he did after.Jumping on a player's head when there's another player after him? That's okay, but don't throw a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordik_19 View Post
You do know me so well. At least you answered my question like a pro ! This'll be my last post here. I see that it's impossible to have a real conversation hockey based with a habs ''fan'' or should I say people that likes to sing Olay olay olay ?

?

Where was it impossible to have a conversation here? If you can't handle the answers then don't come here.

Last edited by Souvenirs: 04-10-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

when lucic grabbed komisarek with tow hands by the head and knocked him down to the ice i think thats even worse then the bertuzzi moore situation thats looked like wwe action to me except this wasnt practiced and coming from repeat offender i hope nhl automatically looks at it an give him atleast 3 games because this is the plays they want to eliminate from the game not the actual fights

Old
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Bullsmith

Man what's with all the snark and trolling from the Bruins. They're the #1 team, they wont the game and they mostly got away with being cheap goons because they didn't actually injure anyone.

So what the heck are they doing on the Habs board? Insecure or what.

Old
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Gotta say this man -- when you start talking about Bruins players in a negative light, expect us to show up here in force, ESPECIALLY right after a Habs-Bruins game. A thread calling for a suspension of one of our players is practically begging for an invasion in force. To expect any other outcome is delusional.
That's fine, as long as we all behave like adults.

Old
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post

So what the heck are they doing on the Habs board? Insecure or what.
They see us coming for them in the first round. The franchise that has CRUSHED them so often in the past.

They sense the Habs coming for them in the first round. They're bleating like that scared goat in Jurassic Park!

Old
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
They see us coming for them in the first round. The franchise that has CRUSHED them so often in the past.

They sense the Habs coming for them in the first round. They're bleating like that scared goat in Jurassic Park!
Or it could be the fact that you guys have been invading our board since last night.

Really, it goes both ways man.

And please, stop acting like we condoned what Lucic did when Thornton was squaring off with Komisarek. It was stupid, juvenile and possibly dangerous. You'd swear the guy wasn't penalized for it though. Last I remember you guys got a 4 minute Powerplay and Komisarek walked away problem free. Was it suspension worthy? I'd say it would be if Komi was injured, but usually things like that slip if the players involved aren't harmed (that goes for every team in the league).

Last edited by CptxMorgan: 04-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I hate Mulan Lucy as much as the guy next door but he doesn't deserve a suspension.

He does, however, deserve a serious licking by BGL!!!

Old
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
It's just hockey dude. This isn't life and death matters.
I'm well aware of that. Might've been a little fiery last night and said some things that didn't need to be said. It happens. It's nice when we (Bruins fans) can come on your board and talk hockey when everyone is being civil, it's two intelligent fan bases. Unfortunately there are some dolts on here who just troll (Yea, I have fallen into that category a little here and there and probably gotten a little too serious). Good game last night, some questionable stuff went down, w/e, it's in the past.

Old
04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
BBruin66

Send a message via AIM to BBruin66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorzzz View Post
Sorry but I thought it was a clean hit on lucy, he just got mad that it was Komi that hit him. He lost control. I never said to get him back with a "cheapshot". If you will take the time to read what I posted it said a good solid hit. As far as the Komi/Chara incident goes...Komi was clearly being held up by the refs while Chara continued to fire punches.
If it was clean, then why was it penalized? It was from behind, near the boards, the puck had gone by, and not been touched.

Im not saying it was a dirty hit, he wasn't trying to hurt him. It was an unsafe hit. You said he should wait until the next shift and hit him back. Well, if the hit wasn't clean to begin with then by default you'd assume the retaliation wouldn't be. And if Lucic went out and questionably hit him on the next shift, you'd all be calling him a cheapshot artist who can't stand up for himself and has to sneak around and hit people from behind.

So I guess it goes back to our opinions of the first hit.

Again with Chara... Komisarek elbowed/shoved/face washed (One of the above) Krejci. Chara took exception to that and then Komisarek threw a couple shots at him from behind the linesman . Komi was being a tough guy from behind the linesman and the Chara put him in his place. Chara would have loved to face him one on one with no linesman, but instead Komi decided he'd hide and then fall down once punches started coming back

Old
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Nordik_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissHiggins View Post

You probably shrieked in excitement when Chara started pounding Komisarek who was defenseless, and then you come and whine that Komisarek hit Lucic and you agree with what he did after.Jumping on a player's head when there's another player after him? That's okay, but don't throw a hit!

?

Where was it impossible to have a conversation here? If you can't handle the answers then don't come here.
My post was deleted... Doesnt that tell you something ? The truth scares the habs fans. Komi wasnt defensless at all. He gave 3 or 4 punch at Krejci then when he saw that he had to defend for what he did, saw the ref grabbed him and said ''please get me outta here'' Unfortunately the ref couldnt do anything. Turtling and grabbing to a ref so that Chara doesnt kill him doesnt count as defensless. Its weird I didnt hear anymore Olay after the game ???

Closed Thread