HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-09 Juniors, NCAA, ECHL, European Prospects Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
  #76
DevsFan30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
As you probably know by now, Windsor won the OHL Championship last night...

Windsor 2, Brampton 1 (OT) (Windsor wins series, 4-1)
Adam Henrique - E
Harry Young - -1

Taylor Hall scored the championship clinching goal 2:09 into OT...

We will next see Windsor on May 16 when they play their first Memorial Cup game!

Final OHL Playoff Stats:

Adam Henrique - 20 games, 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points, +5, 19 PIM

Harry Young - 20 games, 1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points, +14, 41 PIM

DevsFan30 is offline  
Old
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
  #77
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Solid Harry. Solid.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
  #78
vadvlfan
Registered User
 
vadvlfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
I wish some of the jr. championships were televised.

vadvlfan is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
  #79
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvlfan View Post
I wish some of the jr. championships were televised.
Yeah, for real...you'd think this big shiny NHL Network they have would be perfect for the Memorial Cup. NHL management are a bunch of savages.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM
  #80
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Yeah, for real...you'd think this big shiny NHL Network they have would be perfect for the Memorial Cup. NHL management are a bunch of savages.


Skip to about half way through and I think it's pretty comparable to how the NHL runs it's marketing departments....

britdevil is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
  #81
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post


Skip to about half way through and I think it's pretty comparable to how the NHL runs it's marketing departments....
Bettman and cronies hopping around bickering until one hits another with a bone and automatically wins the argument. Pretty much.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
  #82
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 30,119
vCash: 500
i remember during the lockout some random "HD" channel on Comcast covered Crosby's Rimouski Oceanic (Cormier's team).

i'm pretty sure the NHLN carried the Memorial Cup last year. could be mistaken.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
  #83
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,130
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=84690

Matt Delahey (drafted in the fourth round in 2008) had a pretty damn good year.

Crimson Devil* is offline  
Old
05-13-2009, 05:43 AM
  #84
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=84690

Matt Delahey (drafted in the fourth round in 2008) had a pretty damn good year.
Indeed, and he would've been even better if he hadn't been injured.

Devilswede is offline  
Old
05-13-2009, 07:51 AM
  #85
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
i remember during the lockout some random "HD" channel on Comcast covered Crosby's Rimouski Oceanic (Cormier's team).

i'm pretty sure the NHLN carried the Memorial Cup last year. could be mistaken.
Yeah, and I hope it is on again this year. That is one of the main reasons I bought it.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
  #86
DevilsFan38
Registered User
 
DevilsFan38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Yeah, and I hope it is on again this year. That is one of the main reasons I bought it.
It is. Kicks off Friday at 7 with Cormy taking on the Kelowna Rockets (WHL champs).

DevilsFan38 is offline  
Old
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
  #87
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvlfan View Post
I wish some of the jr. championships were televised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Yeah, for real...you'd think this big shiny NHL Network they have would be perfect for the Memorial Cup. NHL management are a bunch of savages.
TV Listing
friday 15th: Kelowna vs Rimouski 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Saturday 16th: Drumondville vs Windsor 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Sunday 17th: Rimouski vs Windsor 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Monday 18th: Drumondville vs Kelowna 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Tuesday 19th: Windsor vs Kelowna 7pm Sportsnet/RDS /NHL network usa
Wednesday 20th: Rimouski vs Drumondville Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Thursday 21st: Tie-break Game 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Friday 22nd: Semi-Final Game 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Sunday 24th: Championship Game 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa

Brodeur is online now  
Old
05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
  #88
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Indeed, and he would've been even better if he hadn't been injured.
Agreed. I honestly think the picks we made from last year's draft - every single one of them - will turn out great for us. Hell, that Harry Young guy we drafted captained the Windsor Spitfire powerhouse team to victory. That's something to like, considering he was our last pick.

Crimson Devil* is offline  
Old
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
  #89
vadvlfan
Registered User
 
vadvlfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
TV Listing
friday 15th: Kelowna vs Rimouski 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Saturday 16th: Drumondville vs Windsor 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Sunday 17th: Rimouski vs Windsor 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Monday 18th: Drumondville vs Kelowna 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Tuesday 19th: Windsor vs Kelowna 7pm Sportsnet/RDS /NHL network usa
Wednesday 20th: Rimouski vs Drumondville Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Thursday 21st: Tie-break Game 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Friday 22nd: Semi-Final Game 7pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
Sunday 24th: Championship Game 4:30pm Sportsnet/RDS/NHL network usa
thank you for this info. I have the nhl network.
Any predictions??

vadvlfan is offline  
Old
05-14-2009, 02:11 PM
  #90
adzrne7
 
adzrne7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvlfan View Post
thank you for this info. I have the nhl network.
Any predictions??
Cormier knocks out Taylor Hall.

adzrne7 is offline  
Old
05-14-2009, 02:27 PM
  #91
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,214
vCash: 500
The player I am most excited about seeing is Harry Young. I have never seen him play.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
  #92
vadvlfan
Registered User
 
vadvlfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
wonder if lou is going to be there?? are both cormier & henrique too young to go to ahl next year. young is 20 , so he will be in lowell.

vadvlfan is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
  #93
HatTrick89
Registered User
 
HatTrick89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HatTrick89
Woah. Im alot more excited about our OHL prospects than our AHL guys. Palmieri 14 goals in 17 games, are you kidding?!? He's a New York kid too so hes kind of local, and kind of looks like a young Petr Sykora, but hopefully he's not a little wimp like Petr. Any videos of this kid?

HatTrick89 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
  #94
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the following players must be signed by June 1st or we lose their rights.

Romano
Sopanen*
Molle

*He might be considered a "defected" player since there was no transfer agreement last time I checked. In that case we still retain his rights.


Junior players who will be eligible to play in the AHL next year, but have not been signed:

Delahey
Nagy
Young

Das Uber is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
  #95
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,918
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the following players must be signed by June 1st or we lose their rights.

Romano
Sopanen*
Molle

*He might be considered a "defected" player since there was no transfer agreement last time I checked. In that case we still retain his rights.


Junior players who will be eligible to play in the AHL next year, but have not been signed:

Delahey
Nagy
Young
Delahey and Young will, I think, stay in Juniors. Nagy, I'd kind of like to see stay in juniors and see if he can continue to improve his offensive game, but I wouldn't be opposed to him coming to the AHL. Of the three players we could lose, I'd be mildly upset to lose Molle but I'm willing to go along with the assessments of our scouts. I'd be more upset to lose Romano.

Sopanen... whatever.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
  #96
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Delahey and Young will, I think, stay in Juniors. Nagy, I'd kind of like to see stay in juniors and see if he can continue to improve his offensive game, but I wouldn't be opposed to him coming to the AHL. Of the three players we could lose, I'd be mildly upset to lose Molle but I'm willing to go along with the assessments of our scouts. I'd be more upset to lose Romano.

Sopanen... whatever.
Why upset over Molle? He doesn't seem to be doing that great, and certainly not better than our other prospects...

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
  #97
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,918
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Why upset over Molle? He doesn't seem to be doing that great, and certainly not better than our other prospects...
His numbers aren't that bad and his skillset is appealing. But, as I say, I'm willing to go along with our scouts.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:24 PM
  #98
adzrne7
 
adzrne7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
I'd be pissed if we lost Romano. He seemed to play well this year, and played pp/pk everything. Cant have enough skilled wingers on the team.

adzrne7 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
  #99
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
If I had to choose between Molle and Sopanen, I'd probably go with Sopanen. Big forward who has put up decent numbers in Finland. It would be interesting to see what he can do in North America. We already have a million Molles.

Das Uber is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 02:32 PM
  #100
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
I'd be pissed if we lost Romano. He seemed to play well this year, and played pp/pk everything. Cant have enough skilled wingers on the team.
isnt he a center?

Harrison Ford is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.