HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey Press Conference: A Thing of Beauty

Old
04-09-2009, 10:27 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Gainey Press Conference: A Thing of Beauty

Watch it on RDS. The guy is such a hockey mind-- it is a beautiful thing to watch. You can just feel playoff experience oozing out of him. Sublimely brilliant and inspirational.

Last edited by GoldenForum: 04-10-2009 at 12:21 AM.
GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:29 PM
TheHabCommander

link?

TheHabCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Hermamoud

I like that he got the guts to call out the refs (he prolly doesn't care about paying the fine)

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=27472

Hermamoud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
I like that he got the guts to call out the refs (he prolly doesn't care about paying the fine)

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=27472
There's a fine about talking about ****** reffing? Seriously?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
...You can just feel playoff experience oozing out of him. Sublimely brilliant and inspirational.
yeah... he used to be in the playoffs but all that was oozing ou of him was blood.

A TRUE Warrior. He was my Hero when i was just a lil kid. (And i was 36 then...)

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Ginu

He definitely has this team fighting. I haven't seen us play this physical in years. Komisarek played his best game of the season. He provoked, he played big and confident, and he left it all out there.

Ginu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

wish he would speak english,....

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
He definitely has this team fighting. I haven't seen us play this physical in years. Komisarek played his best game of the season. He provoked, he played big and confident, and he left it all out there.
Agreed on both counts.

Komi's best game of the year. I hope we face the B's in the first round. We'll take 'em.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
I agree komi is a leader and a guy you need to have on your side when your going into a war.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
GoldenForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
wish he would speak english,....
It's almost cooler to listen to him in French because he's not quite able to express himself as in English but still answers questions in powerful ways that almost say to the journalists "don't **** with me too much because you don't know the half of playoff battles" and they all know it coming from the man who played with 2 separated shoulders in les series.

Without Markov we may not have the talent to win, but mentally this team, because of last year's experience and the insanity that has occurred this season, is so much tougher than last year. We've got more warriors this year. It'll be interesting... Go ****in Habs Go!!!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-10-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Don't circumvent the profanity filter
GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
I agree komi is a leader and a guy you need to have on your side when your going into a war.
Just protect him with Laraque without Markov back there, we need him to stay out of the box

Ginu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 11:47 PM
CHestah in Maine

Anyone willing to provide a high level overview in English? Main theme/couple of points?

Thanks in advance...

CHestah in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:03 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Just protect him with Laraque without Markov back there, we need him to stay out of the box
Laraque on defense? Yikes!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
It's almost cooler to listen to him in French because he's not quite able to express himself as in English but still answers questions in powerful ways that almost say to the journalists "don't **** with me too much because you don't know the half of playoff battles" and they all know it coming from the man who played with 2 separated shoulders in les series.

Without Markov we may not have the talent to win, but mentally this team, because of last year's experience and the insanity that has occurred this season, is so much tougher than last year. We've got more warriors this year. It'll be interesting... Go ****in Habs Go!!!
I like where you are going with that... the team does look mentally tough

Goaltending, please!!!

and Markov, ASAP!

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

why does he keep calling the periods "tiers"

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
why does he keep calling the periods "tiers"
It's like calling something you divide in four quarters. Only difference is "tiers" is one third (in French obviously).

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Habarazzi

Bob Gainey can go to HELL!!

The lineup he put on the ice yesterday was inexcusable. What was he trying to prove? Was he trying to make some players learn how to stand up for themselves when the action got rough? ...... and in the process have Mike Komisarek decapitated by two neanderthals like Lucic and Chara?

I wish I could have seen him go into the Spectrum circa '76 without the likes of Rick Chartraw, Pierre Bouchard, Dougy Risebrough and Mario Tremblay by his side, knowing guys like Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, "Moose" Dupont, Don Saleski, Bob Kelly, etc .... were going to be after him all night, trying to take his head off at every opportunity.

What he did to Mike Komisarek yesterday was inexcusable ..... I've lost the little respect I have for this GM...... UNFORGIVEABLE

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post

The lineup he put on the ice yesterday was inexcusable. What was he trying to prove? Was he trying to make some players learn how to stand up for themselves when the action got rough? ...... and in the process have Mike Komisarek decapitated by two neanderthals like Lucic and Chara?

I wish I could have seen him go into the Spectrum circa '76 without the likes of Rick Chartraw, Pierre Bouchard, Dougy Risebrough and Mario Tremblay by his side, knowing guys like Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, "Moose" Dupont, Don Saleski, Bob Kelly, etc .... were going to be after him all night, trying to take his head off at every opportunity.

What he did to Mike Komisarek yesterday was inexcusable ..... I've lost the little respect I have for this GM...... UNFORGIVEABLE
I go out on a limb and guess that he was trying to make the playoffs, it's a crazy thought I know but that's how I roll.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Corey

The roughhouse tactics used by the Bruins gave the Habs their only chance of winning, and if not for Dandenault's gaffe they would have succeeded. Losing that 4-3 lead was a nightmare that I;m still suffering this morning.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I go out on a limb and guess that he was trying to make the playoffs, it's a crazy thought I know but that's how I roll.

And if they didn't get that point, how would you feel about your team today? Is getting pushed around and laughed at easier to take this morning because you got a point in the standiings and got into the playoffs only to face these guys again in a week, and have them kick your ass again for 4 more games? Think about it

Old
04-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Capitano

Quote:
And if they didn't get that point, how would you feel about your team today? Is getting pushed around and laughed at easier to take this morning because you got a point in the standiings and got into the playoffs only to face these guys again in a week, and have them kick your ass again for 4 more games? Think about it
I think this game had a message. If we end up playing Boston in the first round, we'll beat them.

When we were down 3-1, I was feeling upset, I wanted guys to fight. But then we turned it around...it was an inspiring effort.

I'm not afraid of Boston. They have 1 or 2 guys that play hard - Lucic and Thornton are the only guys that do anything. Ward did his Ribeiro impression last night

I have been waiting all season for a game to bring out our emotions, and we're wide awake now. Bring on the Bruins, those guys are nothing.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:15 AM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Well, they tried their antics at the beginning of the game, but understood that roughing us wouldn't work... so they stopped !

And what if we still got that point, and got into the playoffs by the way ? How do you feel ?

I wanted to see Stewart and Laraque... but they weren't dressed, and guess what, we played our most physical game of the year and fared very well...

L4br3cqu3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:15 AM
habsrock60

Quote:

Hmm, maybe he was trying to WIN and make the playoffs? Some of you in the GDT were awful last night still complaining after 30! pages that Laraque/Stewart weren't in the lineup. Gainey wanted to win the GAME not goon it up. He put the lineup he felt was best to win, not win moral victories. So the Bruins won a few fights yippee. Stewart wouldn't have made a difference, sure he would fight but he wouldn't intimidate them.

So I'd rather make the playoffs than goon it up but obviously some people think differently

habsrock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
If ???
They DID get the point they needed to make the playoffs.
AND this team just showed it can handle the rough stuff
How many fights do you see in the playoffs these days? Not many.
But what you do see is the stuff that happened last night and the Habs showed they have some character on the team

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
Hmm, maybe he was trying to WIN and make the playoffs? Some of you in the GDT were awful last night still complaining after 30! pages that Laraque/Stewart weren't in the lineup. Gainey wanted to win the GAME not goon it up. He put the lineup he felt was best to win, not win moral victories. So the Bruins won a few fights yippee. Stewart wouldn't have made a difference, sure he would fight but he wouldn't intimidate them.

So I'd rather make the playoffs than goon it up but obviously some people think differently
It's not about gooning it up. It's for standing up for yourself and not being laughed at.

Why don't you put on the Bruins broadcast and listen to the game from their perspective and not the RDS broadcast.
I bet you the overall league perception of the Canadiens is closer (but not quite to that extent) of the Bruins broadcast.

Someitimes "looking good" is better than actually winning, but if you haven't competed at a high level of hockey, you can never understand what I mean. You need to have lived it, to know where I'm coming from.