HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey Press Conference: A Thing of Beauty

Old
04-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
It's not about gooning it up. It's for standing up for yourself and not being laughed at.

Why don't you put on the Bruins broadcast and listen to the game from their perspective and not the RDS broadcast.
I bet you the overall league perception of the Canadiens is closer (but not quite to that extent) of the Bruins broadcast.

Someitimes "looking good" is better than actually winning, but if you haven't competed at a high level of hockey, you can never understand what I mean. You need to have lived it, to know where I'm coming from.

Who is laughing at the Habs?
The Bruin announcers? Are you telling me you really care what Jack Edwards says about Montreal? He is the biggest homer calling games in the NHL
The Habs stood up to Boston last night plain and simple.
What is showed me is Lucic and Thorton are mental midgets that can be taking off their games.

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDHab View Post
If ???
They DID get the point they needed to make the playoffs.
AND this team just showed it can handle the rough stuff
How many fights do you see in the playoffs these days? Not many.
But what you do see is the stuff that happened last night and the Habs showed they have some character on the team
The "point" is meaningless in the big picture.

being referred to as a "ragdoll" and a "paperdoll" is embarassing.
Good luck next week, I hope your tune doesn't change then.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I think this game had a message. If we end up playing Boston in the first round, we'll beat them.

When we were down 3-1, I was feeling upset, I wanted guys to fight. But then we turned it around...it was an inspiring effort.

I'm not afraid of Boston. They have 1 or 2 guys that play hard - Lucic and Thornton are the only guys that do anything. Ward did his Ribeiro impression last night

I have been waiting all season for a game to bring out our emotions, and we're wide awake now. Bring on the Bruins, those guys are nothing.
With Markov in, this series would be ours...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:

I would say the "big picture" is to get into the playoffs for a chance to win the cup.
And my tune wont change...

Old
04-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:

See - this is where your opinion and mine (and I hope others too) differ. You want the moral victory more - we want the victory more.

There is no possible comparison between this game and what will happen in the PO. Julien won't allow his team to go beserk and risk losing the series over indiscipline. Our PP is still deadly and punishing.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
I would say the "big picture" is to get into the playoffs for a chance to win the cup.
And my tune wont change...

How many tv's do you have in your setup (the picture in your avatar)

Can I see a bigger picture of that room? It looks cool

Old
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
How many tv's do you have in your setup (the picture in your avatar)

Can I see a bigger picture of that room? It looks cool
I have 4....the wife thinks I am a bit crazy...and I probably am
Will send you a bigger pic once I get home from work

Old
04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
KadoCH

Quote:

This has to some sort of joke, obviously you are referring to Jack Edwards comments during the game but must not of watched the entire thing. Chara goes in while Komi is doing nothing except standing there and Chara starts throwing punches causing his team a powerplay and led to the first goal against the Boons. When Bergeron scores his goal and O'Byrne stands up for Gorges who is getting pushed around in the Habs crease after the goal he throws a few punches and he is showing his "Felonious" side and getting away with "crushing right blows" and "cheap shots".

Jack Edwards is not someone to guage the Habs effort on, I thought it was a great team building game, yes the Bruins won but I don't think any Habs are scared today of the Bruins because of what happened yesterday. Komi got under Lucic, Thorton, and Chara skin forced them to take dumb penalties and they basically dissappeared physically in the third. I'm not upset about anything that happened last night and I'd be surprised if Komi was either.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
I have 4....the wife thinks I am a bit crazy...and I probably am
Will send you a bigger pic once I get home from work

I gotta get me a setup like that ... looking forward to the pic.

Old
04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

To be honest if the reffing wasn't so terrible we would've had a lot more powerplays and the game probably wouldn't have gotten so out of hand. Gainey wanted to play our game, which is using our speed and skill and it worked for the most part. By putting in Laraque and Stewart we would be forced to play the Bruins game and trying to win the physical battle instead of the game.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:55 AM
1UP

3 PP goals.

I think the "roughness factor" of that game strongly benefitted us.

We were not ragdolled. The hits were 27-22 for Boston, we defended ourselves well and Carey was not rushed much during the game, Habs also allowed less shots than the Bruins due to that.

We, overall, played better than the Bruins.

Gainey took the right decision and the players came to play. A shame Lapierre had that brainfart though.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Someitimes "looking good" is better than actually winning, but if you haven't competed at a high level of hockey, you can never understand what I mean. You need to have lived it, to know where I'm coming from.
Had we lost that game in regulation, we wouldn't be in the playoffs. How does looking good help that?

We needed a point more than a statement.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:01 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
It's not about gooning it up. It's for standing up for yourself and not being laughed at.

Why don't you put on the Bruins broadcast and listen to the game from their perspective and not the RDS broadcast.
I bet you the overall league perception of the Canadiens is closer (but not quite to that extent) of the Bruins broadcast.

I've LIVED it, and your obviously out in left field if you think when your struggling to make the playoffs you dress lesser talents so toughnes is in the line up over skill.

Considering we never had Laroque or Stewart in the line up i think we held our own, Chara went after a defenseless Komisarek with a blindsided attack. Lucy was going to get pummeled in the 1st by Kommy because Kommy had him down and out, so Lucy turtled...but it was fine for him to go after Kommy when Kommy was not looking?

Chara and Lucic never want to fight Laroque, so when the playoffs are here and if Laroque is dressed and we play the Bruins I cn guarantee they will do f-all to cause crap out there.

If anything I think we may have scared the Bruins with what we can do to them in the playoffs.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
I think this game had a message. If we end up playing Boston in the first round, we'll beat them.

When we were down 3-1, I was feeling upset, I wanted guys to fight. But then we turned it around...it was an inspiring effort.

I'm not afraid of Boston. They have 1 or 2 guys that play hard - Lucic and Thornton are the only guys that do anything. Ward did his Ribeiro impression last night

I have been waiting all season for a game to bring out our emotions, and we're wide awake now. Bring on the Bruins, those guys are nothing.
Which game are you basing this opinion on? Specifically, which game this year where Montreal won are you concluding that you will beat Boston in the first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
With Markov in, this series would be ours...
Again, where is the game where Markov allowed Montreal to win this year against Boston. If anything can be taken from this game I think it would be trying to get Price's morale up for the playoffs. Or perhaps the comeback to get the one point.

I firmly believe that the playoffs are truly a new season and that often leads to strong performances from the Canadiens. I think it would be another great series, but I still don't see where you are basing these statements on from anything Montreal did against Boston this year.

Here's to hoping we all get our wish and the first round is Boston vs. Montreal.

As far as the complaints from Gainey, I believe it would be based on the refs total loss of control of the game in the second period. Ironically, that was the same period where Montreal scored four goals and Boston lost their cool, so I would not be complaining about a thing.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:

This sounds exactly like all the Leafs fans I grew up with. Who cares about winning, long as you show how tough the team is. You even put the word point in quotes as if it weren't real. Seriously you're embarrassing yourself.

Glad you'd rather see a good fight and lose 6-1 than put the fear into the Bruins that they just might not be a better hockey team, for all their toughness. But as a hockey fan who watched those Broad Street Bully games, the Habs didn't out goon the Flyers, they outplayed them.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:

Are you kidding me? The Bruins announcers (Edwards in particular) are the biggest homers out there.

I really hope you aren't passing your judgment on things you heard them broadcast last night.

Edit: Nvm, MrSDHab beat me to it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Ward did his Ribeiro impression last night
He's done that before....looks like he's ready for the "Hospital Ward", then skates off the ice with absolutely nothing wrong.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Newhabfan

There is no stupidest thing to do then to outmuscle/outgoon a team and lose a Playoff series to them. Last game had no meaning for the Bruins and that's why they played this way.

The keys to counter the Bruins "psysical play" is refereeing and powerplay success. I'm happy the PP started clicking again. I'm a lot less happy with the refereeing last night.

I'd rather be the Red Wings SC winners then the Ducks SC winners.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Watch it on RDS. The guy is such a hockey mind-- it is a beautiful thing to watch. You can just feel playoff experience oozing out of him. Sublimely brilliant and inspirational.
You forgot the

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Here's to hoping we all get our wish and the first round is Boston vs. Montreal.

As far as the complaints from Gainey, I believe it would be based on the refs total loss of control of the game in the second period. Ironically, that was the same period where Montreal scored four goals and Boston lost their cool, so I would not be complaining about a thing.
In all fairness regarding Markov, Wideman was missing from the B's line-up too. As for meeting in the first round, why can't we meet in the second round. Or are you scared the Bruins won't make it that far.

Gainey should definitely be complaining, because he doesn't want the refs allowing the B's to take liberties with the Habs the way they did. He's bringing that to people's attention. The habs came to play hockey, the Bruins insisted on gooning it up, but in the end it was your team's skill that won the game.

Don't judge the habs on this season. It's been the season from Hell. With proper goaltending and a contributing second line, we shouldn't fear any team in the east.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
habsrock60

Quote:

We did stand up for ourselves. Komisarek played one of the gutsy games I've ever seen. Gorges stood up for Price. This game helped the Habs gorw a pair because in the playoffs, Laraque ain't gonna be playing every game.

Umm, I did listen to the Bruins broadcast buddy, I'm not the best at French so anytime i get a non RDS broadcast, I take advantage. If you think the rest of the league views us as the same as that idiot homer Edwards, well you have some thinking to do. Anybo0dy would get "thrown like a paper doll" with what Chara did, he punched with gloves on. Also Komi didn't get thrown like a paper doll.

So, basically your saying moral victories are sometimes better real victories? YOu sound like a Bruins fan. If you'd rather win some fights, the Bruins board is ---->
So because I haven't competed in the NHL I have no idea what's going on? Alright then.

habsrock60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't mind the loss so much because of the context of it. The Bruins have it in their head that they can play like they did last night and win games against us. I guarantee with Markov back on defence and Schneider 100%, we'll be potting a lot more goals and our defence will be a lot stronger and we won't have so many defensive breakdowns.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Which game are you basing this opinion on? Specifically, which game this year where Montreal won are you concluding that you will beat Boston in the first round?

Again, where is the game where Markov allowed Montreal to win this year against Boston. If anything can be taken from this game I think it would be trying to get Price's morale up for the playoffs. Or perhaps the comeback to get the one point.

I firmly believe that the playoffs are truly a new season and that often leads to strong performances from the Canadiens. I think it would be another great series, but I still don't see where you are basing these statements on from anything Montreal did against Boston this year.

I'm basing it on this point in time. Boston showed us last year what the regular season means in the grand scheme of things.

I just feel that last night could have been really easy for our guys to roll over. But we didn't, and that's why I think we'll beat them if we play them.

They wanted us out, they don't want to play us, Boston is full of young players with limited playoff experience too. Anyway, I was proud of our team last night for coming back. And I still think we'll beat them. You can obviously disagree, but we will win.

I actually find it funny how strongly I feel that we'll beat them, normally I'm a wait and see kind of guy, but for some reason I just feel it.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The roughhouse tactics used by the Bruins gave the Habs their only chance of winning, and if not for Dandenault's gaffe they would have succeeded. Losing that 4-3 lead was a nightmare that I;m still suffering this morning.
Dandenault AND Lapierre

Hmmmm... both Local boys... hmmmm

I wonder if Rejaune sees a conspiracy

Anyway........

Who Cares????

ITS PLAYOFFS!!!!!

ps. Gainey's thoughts on his players are always mesmerizing to listen to... the team loves him
(note: Kovy) He's smart, tough, honest and fair.

Last edited by Born in 1909: 04-10-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I go out on a limb and guess that he was trying to make the playoffs, it's a crazy thought I know but that's how I roll.
You really should think about reducing your presence on this board buddy. My blood pressure and stress level has gone down so much since I've been posting less...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote