HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey Press Conference: A Thing of Beauty

Old
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
Bob Gainey can go to HELL!!

The lineup he put on the ice yesterday was inexcusable. What was he trying to prove? Was he trying to make some players learn how to stand up for themselves when the action got rough? ...... and in the process have Mike Komisarek decapitated by two neanderthals like Lucic and Chara?

I wish I could have seen him go into the Spectrum circa '76 without the likes of Rick Chartraw, Pierre Bouchard, Dougy Risebrough and Mario Tremblay by his side, knowing guys like Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, "Moose" Dupont, Don Saleski, Bob Kelly, etc .... were going to be after him all night, trying to take his head off at every opportunity.

What he did to Mike Komisarek yesterday was inexcusable ..... I've lost the little respect I have for this GM...... UNFORGIVEABLE

Big picture. I wanted Laraque and Stewart in there, too. BUT! Gainey brought back the old Komisarek in time for our first round match-up... we have the KOMISAURUS REX again!!

And yeah, it looks like he sparked the whole team into physical, playoff gritty hockey. Josh Gorges played like he was Komisarek... Gorges isn't a big guy at all and look how he was sparked. Gainey is a hockey mega-mind. Show some respect. If this team plays with the heart and grit we had last night, once BGL and Stewart are in, too, we'll be a tough team to play.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
We needed to dress 7 Dmen because of Schneider. What happens, if, halfway through the gaem, Schneider is in too much pain to play? Have 5 D's in a game which we needed to get a point? No thanks.
In all honesty, the way O'Byrne has been playing, I would have moved Weber on defense (give him O'Byrne's 6 minutes) and played Laraque up front. Killing two birds with one stone!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Then don't !!!!!!!!! and who the **** are you ?
Let them talk, who cares. Our guys played with all kinds of heart last night. Bring it on.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Bob Gainey can go to HELL!!

The lineup he put on the ice yesterday was inexcusable. What was he trying to prove? Was he trying to make some players learn how to stand up for themselves when the action got rough? ...... and in the process have Mike Komisarek decapitated by two neanderthals like Lucic and Chara?

I wish I could have seen him go into the Spectrum circa '76 without the likes of Rick Chartraw, Pierre Bouchard, Dougy Risebrough and Mario Tremblay by his side, knowing guys like Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, "Moose" Dupont, Don Saleski, Bob Kelly, etc .... were going to be after him all night, trying to take his head off at every opportunity.

What he did to Mike Komisarek yesterday was inexcusable ..... I've lost the little respect I have for this GM...... UNFORGIVEABLE
Wow...

Unbelievable!

Gainey, with his strategy, takes an injury-riddled team in disarray and free-fall under Carbo into the Playoffs when other gritty teams can't even make it there

Florida
Ottawa
Buffalo
Edmonton
Minnesota

And you say

"I've lost the little respect I have for this GM"

?????

little respect????

A man that once played for and won the cup with two painful separated shoulders?
A man that played over 1300 games in a Habs jersey?
A man who shut down the best opposing players with hard-nosed, yet ultra clean play?
A man that has not caved under tremendous personal loss?
A man that can unflinchingly handle the mental heat of being the Habs GM?

You've just exposed yourself as suffering from some sort of irrational hatred, dude

As much as freedom of speech and opposing opinions makes life interesting... you are the first poster to go on my ignore list.

The charge: blind hatred for a great man with the CH branded on his heart

ps. I hope you realize that Komi actually likes it when its rough.

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Habarazzi

To those who agree with what Gainey did, put yourself's in Mike Komisarek's shoes last night ..... what would be going through your head during the game, the way things developed? At one point did they not tag-team him trying to snap his neck?

If I was him, I couldn't care less about powerplay opportunities. An injury like that could have been life-threatening not just career-ending.

YOU CAN NOT WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH JUST A POWERPLAY!!! It's been proven time and time again (just look at last year's club - what happened in the playoffs?)

Even if Laraque has been a piece of crap all year, he's enough of a deterrent by just dressing for the game.
Can you people not see how WRONG this move was by Gainey?

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
RYAN O'BYRNE!!! We had 7 ****ing defensemen dressed last night!
If Schneider tried and couldn't go, we needed another Dman...I agree, O'B wouldn't have been my first choice though but it was either him or Breezy...who knew that O'B would be a little chicken **** that picks a fight then turtle?!?

Can't play offense, can't play defense, won't fight...O'Byrne...sigh...

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Wow...

As much as freedom of speech and opposing opinions makes life interesting... you are the first poster to go on my ignore list.

Ooooh!!, am I supposed to be impressed

You better not answer, or else I'm not really on your "Ignore List"

Old
04-10-2009, 12:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
To those who agree with what Gainey did, put yourself's in Mike Komisarek's shoes last night ..... what would be going through your head during the game, the way things developed? At one point did they not tag-team him trying to snap his neck??
If I were Komisarek, I'd be thinking, gee I better start playing better.

Let's see, Habs needed one point, and they got one. Good job Gainey.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:57 PM
JrHockeyFan

I think BG made the right move. The Bruins were undisciplined and for the most the habs kept their heads on straight. Out of that we came back and went ahead earning our point and make the playoffs

If we put "enforcer types" out in this situation we are trying to prove we are tough instead of making the playoffs. Macho BS and dumb.

Having BGL on the ice would do NOTHING to guarantee Lucic and Chara wouldn't try the same shtick anyway. You think his presence is going to stop something? Quite the opposite. I think it escalates it and we run the risk of losing the game. That is the stupid approach Boston took and they coughed up three straight goals

To get even I think you take the Gordie Howe approach. You are patient and wait for the opportunity to present itself. When it happens everybody knows why.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Good one.

Just like a man who is a fight for his life... Komisarek was at his very best last night.

Besides, there is still time for a Laraque/Lucic bout. This isn't over.

(I still wish Timmins had picked Lucic over Maxwell though... but what's done is done)

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:

Whatever dude, keep worshiping in the temple of Bob Gainey.....

Old
04-10-2009, 01:00 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
He definitely has this team fighting. I haven't seen us play this physical in years. Komisarek played his best game of the season. He provoked, he played big and confident, and he left it all out there.
Aside from that tape to tape pass to a B in outside our zone, I agree, he looked completely different. He was playing HIS game and Lucic can do whatever he wants, but IMO he took more than he dished out in the aspects that are relevant to actual play (not the sideshow that the Bruins were trying to put on).

WTF was with Chara coming in during a scrum and just throwing punches to Komi's ribs. WHAT A DIRTY LOSER! I was so pissed, I thought Chara had some class but nope. They were all going after #8 and he handled it.

Also...Bob is awesome. Great PC. Please be our permanent coach!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

I dare say that they would have gotten the point with Laraque in the line-up while avoiding the risk of injuries through scrums and fights, and that we were lucky to escape serious injuries in that game the way the Bruins played.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I think the OP was being sarcastic.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Wow...

Unbelievable!

Gainey, with his strategy, takes an injury-riddled team in disarray and free-fall under Carbo into the Playoffs when other gritty teams can't even make it there

Florida
Ottawa
Buffalo
Edmonton
Minnesota

And you say

?????

little respect????

A man that once played for and won the cup with two painful separated shoulders?
A man who shut down the best opposing players with hard-nosed, yet ultra clean play?

You've just exposed yourself as suffering from some sort of irrational hatred, dude

As I was also wishing we had laraque out there, I didn't question Bob for a second. You are right, his strategy worked, we got the entire team into playoff mode. We are so lucky to have him.

also... is that what Cuthbert said? cue Avery joke.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post

Having BGL on the ice would do NOTHING to guarantee Lucic and Chara wouldn't try the same shtick anyway. You think his presence is going to stop something? Quite the opposite. I think it escalates it and we run the risk of losing the game. That is the stupid approach Boston took and they coughed up three straight goals

How stupid it was the first game Laraque dressed against the Bruins at The Bell Center? How much of a physical element was Lucic in that game?

The powerplay won't click in the playoffs just like it didn't last year, just watch. I'm not saying to dress an entire lineup of goons. Just enough to help your skilled players feel safe out there.

Old
04-10-2009, 01:06 PM
JrHockeyFan

Laraque prevented injuries at some time this year? When was that?

Old
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Sitting Laraque and playing Ryan "The Turtle" O'Byrne did not help you make the playoffs.

Playing Weber instead of Stewart did not add any more scoring to the lineup.

Leaving those two off the team did allow the Bruins to take liberties with our players.
Yes it did.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bentheprop

Quote:
Wow...

Unbelievable!

Florida
Ottawa
Buffalo
Edmonton
Minnesota

And you say

?????

little respect????

Fantastic post... except for 1 thing. The last line should be "I hope you realize that Komi loves it when it gets rough." Every time that an opposing team loses it and starts playing goon hockey Komi is always right there in the middle of it stirring the pot.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habarazzi

the same people that crap on Laraque today, are the same ones that will praise him in a week IF he ever takes on and takes care of Lucic in a scrap.

Old
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
JrHockeyFan

Nobody is crapping on BGL

There is a time and place for retribution. Working to win a road point to make the playoffs against the first place team is not the place or the time

BGL was not going to be able to protect anybody in that type of game. If he instigates and is ejected, the fire is lit and then you have problems putting it out.

Old
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I dare say that they would have gotten the point with Laraque in the line-up while avoiding the risk of injuries through scrums and fights, and that we were lucky to escape serious injuries in that game the way the Bruins played.

And who's to say boston would do anything different if BGL was on the ice for his 5 minutes a game?

Quote:
the same people that crap on Laraque today, are the same ones that will praise him in a week IF he ever takes on and takes care of Lucic in a scrap.
Big IF there, how many fights do you usually see in the playoffs these days?

Last edited by montreal: 04-10-2009 at 01:33 PM.
montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
It's not about gooning it up. It's for standing up for yourself and not being laughed at.

Why don't you put on the Bruins broadcast and listen to the game from their perspective and not the RDS broadcast.
I bet you the overall league perception of the Canadiens is closer (but not quite to that extent) of the Bruins broadcast.

Someitimes "looking good" is better than actually winning, but if you haven't competed at a high level of hockey, you can never understand what I mean. You need to have lived it, to know where I'm coming from.
Most of the posters here most likely have played at high levels and for you to assume we have not is a little presumptuous if not offensive. The bigger picture here is more psychological than simplistic. Showing your cards to the other players at the table before the final round of betting is usually not good.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
And who's to say boston would do anything different if BGL was on the ice for his 5 minutes a game?

Then why did they sign him? or should I say, why did "HE" sign him?

Wasn't it for situations like last night? regardless if he gets thrown out or not

Old
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Most of the posters here most likely have played at high levels and for you to assume we have not is a little presumptuous if not offensive. The bigger picture here is more psychological than simplistic. Showing your cards to the other players at the table before the final round of betting is usually not good.

Honey, you can sit at the table with me any time you want. There's a lot more up my sleeve than you think.