HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town Thread Part VII. All Non-Habs hockey related news. ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2009, 04:39 PM
emb24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't get it. Is resting them as important as winning the President trophy? Not because to win a trophy but they have right now a legit shot at the Cup and with 2 wins and seeing that San Jose is struggling against LA, they would have had a shot at home ice for the playoffs.

Unless they know that with Thornton, San Jose will never go as far....
they played their president trophy game Thursday

Old
04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Maliki2

OMFG, Edwards just said on the Boston channel, that he was never more scared than when Chara came up wincing after a Monsterous hit on Tanguay...this guy is a absolute tool....lol

Old
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
HotHabsFan*

LMAO, in the Ruins GDT, one guy is complaining about the Sabres announcers disrespecting the Ruins. I guess he must be so use to listening to the highly credible announcer, Jack Edwards.

Old
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
LMAO, in the Ruins GDT, one guy is complaining about the Sabres announcers disrespecting the Ruins. I guess he must be so use to listening to the highly credible announcer, Jack Edwards.
jeanneret (sp?) is nowhere near the pathetic homer announcer jock-sniff edwards is

Old
04-11-2009, 05:45 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Unless they know that with Thornton, San Jose will never go as far....
Thats a lock they wont get past round 2.

Old
04-11-2009, 11:50 PM
BeBen*

Lemaire will not coach the Wild next season

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/272854.html

Nothing said about retirement, he just wont coach Minnesota next season

French speaking coach...with NHL experience...Available......a big fan of the trap lawl oh and also he's a fan of mixing lines just like our good ol' Carbo

On a positive note i think the Wild and him are using a rotating Captain...

Should Bob make a move?

Old
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
"Brian Burke has identified his man and says he will do whatever it takes to get [John Tavares]."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...08801-sun.html

Prediction: Nobody bites and Burke spends the majority of the 2009-2010 season trashing the Islanders or Lightning in the media. TSN gives him his own spin-off of Off the Record: Off His Rocker.

Old
04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
hashmi842*

Leafs sign QMJHL players

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275019

The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to build their team through free agency.

The club announced on Tuesday the signing of left winger Robert Slaney to a three-year entry level contract.

"We are excited to have Robert join the Maple Leafs organization," President and general manager Brian Burke said in a statement. "He is a strong power forward, who has good size, and his offensive totals have continuously improved over the past four seasons of junior hockey with Cape Breton."

The 20-year old led the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in goals (36) and points (81) this past season. He also had 78 penalty minutes.

Among all QMJHL players he ranked 10th in points and 11th in goals. He collected nine points on five goals and four assists in six playoff games.

In 239 career games with Cape Breton from 2005 to 2009, Slaney has tallied 78 goals, 90 assists and 168 points, along with 229 penalty minutes.

Isnt this the type of player the habs need, skills+grit?

Habs missed the boat again, Trevor Timmins has to learn to close deals with free agents prospects, especially from here.

Missed players: Tyler Bozak, Blake Wheeler, Brunstrom, Jason Pominville, etc

Now, I cant wait to go home and listen to CKAC. Bergeron will talk about it for sure.

Old
04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Jigger77

Where is that picture of the boat heading into a storm with the "I don't like where this thread is headed" caption when you need it....

Old
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansar View Post

Habs missed the boat again, Trevor Timmins has to learn to close deals with free agents prospects, especially from here.
Umm, shouldn't we wait to see if this guy pans out to be anything before we criticizes the habs for not signing him????

....also remember you are only allowed to have so many players under contract.

04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Timmins drafts players he doesn't sign them, that is Gainey's job.

Also Gainey tried to sign Wheeler and Brunstrom and Pominville was drafted by the Sabres and was waived and the whole league let him pass through...

On top of that there is the 50 contract limit that we also have to worry about.

Old
04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

The Habs draft well, they don't have to sign a lot of undrafted players. But if your prospect pool is thin, then it's a good idea to sign some of these guys. Must suck to miss the playoffs and not have much on the farm at the same time. I seem to remember those dark years for us in the late '90's. (shudders)

There's only so much room in Hamilton next year, and spots are already taken from the last few FA's the Habs have signed in David Desharnais (2nd on the dogs in goals/points), Brock Trotter and Cedrick Desjardins. Plus if Thomas Beauregard comes back, I could see him sticking in Hamilton full time (although I don't know just how bad the knee injury is) and there's Fred St-Denis who I expect will see some games in Hamilton next year if he's back, as he looked ok in the few games for the Dogs this year.

Old
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
On top of that there is the 50 contract limit that we also have to worry about.
And that's something people often forget, or are not even aware of.

Old
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Kafka

The guy is from New Foundland, and like Michael Ryder, is probably a Leafs fan. Apparently, Gainey was working on signing those guys (Brunnstrom, Wheeler and Bozak). But like the 28 other team, he couldn't get them interest in playing in its team. Our hockey club is filled with talented young players. There is far more room in Toronto for those guys to take a spot.

By the way, Jason Pominville was drafted... and signing RFAs is a bad idea. Ask Lowe.

Old
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
"Brian Burke has identified his man and says he will do whatever it takes to get [John Tavares]."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...08801-sun.html

Prediction: Nobody bites and Burke spends the majority of the 2009-2010 season trashing the Islanders or Lightning in the media. TSN gives him his own spin-off of Off the Record: Off His Rocker.

Probably what will happen...

Personally I think if the Islanders get the top pick in the draft they will not trade it to the Leafs or anyone else and they will draft Tavares.He would become the face of that franchise and is exactly what they need..Nothing on the Leafs team would have the same appeal as having Tavares on the Islanders team...They will draft Tavares if they get #1...

I think Burke's only chance of getting the top pick is if Tampa gets #1 and don't want to take Tavares and can turn him into a young Dman (Schenn) and still pick in the top 10 (Leafs pick)..Schenn probably would have to be involved for Tampa to even consider it.No Schenn involved = No Tavares IMO....

Should be interesting to see if Burke can pull this off....

Old
04-14-2009, 02:33 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

leafs and islanders connected on the schenn deal so who knows im really hoping islanders are not stupid and keep it they despertly need that franchise player after being awful for soo long

Old
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
ScottyDoesntKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmi842* View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275019

The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to build their team through free agency.

The club announced on Tuesday the signing of left winger Robert Slaney to a three-year entry level contract.

"We are excited to have Robert join the Maple Leafs organization," President and general manager Brian Burke said in a statement. "He is a strong power forward, who has good size, and his offensive totals have continuously improved over the past four seasons of junior hockey with Cape Breton."

The 20-year old led the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in goals (36) and points (81) this past season. He also had 78 penalty minutes.

Among all QMJHL players he ranked 10th in points and 11th in goals. He collected nine points on five goals and four assists in six playoff games.

In 239 career games with Cape Breton from 2005 to 2009, Slaney has tallied 78 goals, 90 assists and 168 points, along with 229 penalty minutes.

Isnt this the type of player the habs need, skills+grit?

Missed players: Tyler Bozak, Blake Wheeler, Brunstrom, Jason Pominville, etc

Now, I cant wait to go home and listen to CKAC. Bergeron will talk about it for sure.
So for how long are we going to tolerate this guy ? Same troll that posted :

Quote:

Price=Raycroft?

Both solid rookie years, saw this thread on bruins board, and this playoffs series will be monumental in determining on which path price is headed:

upwards if he plays well, and living upto the hype
downwards and over in montreal if he flops again like he did last year in philly, the fans wont tolerate it, and we will tired of listening to the price to tampa for lecavalier rumours in the summer...

Quote:
Jack Todd rant: Playoffs mean payoffs

Enough said, this centennial season has been a disaster. From the off ice rumours to the barber jerseys, Gillett wants to get every penny he can get from this team, and making the first round will bring in another 15 Million dollars. Gainey even said it the goal was to make playoffs, how long are we going to tolerate this crap? We want the cup, and We are the best fans, and all we get is making the playoffs.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...366/story.html
Quote:
When will Latendresse become a Milan Lucic?

What we need is latendresse to be our "lucic" and hit and play like a power forward and scare opponents. Man, I just hope
Quote:
Bruins commercials

Bruins Marketing Department is taking shots at the habs!

Fuel to the fire! First video in the link

http://www.25stanley.com/home/public...canadiens.html
And now this ? Seems like a legit habs fan to me.

Old
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi4Vezina View Post
So for how long are we going to tolerate this guy ? Same troll that posted :

And now this ? Seems like a legit habs fan to me.
He was a former user who came back using a different name. He's been banned again (hence the * beside his name).

On another note, Montreal has found its place back on the wrong end of the plays of the year list.

It's like Souray all over again...

And I thought Ryan's goal was nicer than Ovechkin's.

Last edited by Bill McNeal: 04-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old
04-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Artyukhin*

Sheldon Souray?

would he come back ? Come back Sheldon and go out a Hab.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post19053191

Old
04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Dude can rot in edmonton. We've got our booming shots from the point coming up in the system. The only thing relatively enticing about souray is the toughness and leadership he brings, and i wouldn't wanna spend 5.5+ for that.

Old
04-14-2009, 09:39 PM
imnothere

I'd rather have Streit back

Old
04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Craig71

Don't know what ya got till it's gone.... Great shot but I personally got tired of seeing Jason Spezza turn him inside out and upside down. Not strong defensively, I miss Mark Striet a whole lot more, so do the Habs, I think they believed lightning would strike twice when they let Streit slip away, in the same way streit replaced Souray, but unfortunately it did'nt happen.

Old
04-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillainy View Post
I'd rather have Streit back
souray over streit in my book anyday .

Old
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Bill McNeal

I like his 'intangibles', but the cap hit is way too big. I'd rather re-sign Schneider as a stop-gap until Weber is ready to be the guy on the point.

Old
04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
souray over streit in my book anyday .
Oh, I think Sheldon is better too but Mark Streit is just so damn awesome.

Closed Thread