HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semi-OT : Grabovski was also linked to gangsters in MTL (like the Kosts)

Old
04-10-2009, 08:21 AM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
Semi-OT : Grabovski was also linked to gangsters in MTL (like the Kosts)

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/se...410.wsptgrabs9

TORONTO — To Mikhail Grabovski, he appeared to be a wealthy fan of the Montreal Canadiens, someone who knew a lot of people and loved to talk hockey. He would recommend restaurants and had tips on mundane things like where to buy a car or rent an apartment.

For a young hockey player like Grabovski, 25, from a different country and speaking little English, Pasquale Mangiola was a useful acquaintance.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-10-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Next time, don't quote the whole article.
ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
..."The league has completed our investigation and have found no wrongdoing by any of our players and no conduct that would call into question the integrity of our game," the statement said.

The NHL Players' Association conducted its own investigation, with similar findings. The NHLPA also barred players from any further contact with Mangiola, according to a spokesman....
Have to laugh when thinking back to the night the story first broke with all the insinuations of Habs players involved with cocaine, betting, ho's, and crap like that. Cops were supposed to arrest several of the Habs players after a game that night

Turns out the police, the NHL, and the NHLPA found no wrongdoing on the part of any of the players who socialized with that Mangiola fellow.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Travis Moen

Darkest day in the history of both clubs

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Darkest day in the history of both clubs
Darkest days of the Leafs is taking forever still

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
**** La Presse and RDS for blowing/hyping that story completely out of proportions, that is all.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
**** La Presse and RDS for blowing/hyping that story completely out of proportions, that is all.
RDS and La Presse blow EVERY hockey story out of proportion.. 3 days ago, I really believed Schneider was going to have surgery..Yesterday, he played a great game.. WTF!!! It was bold to say Schneider to miss rest of season, yet they did. Not "may miss rest of season", but "will miss rest of season"..

I want to read about the Habs to stay updated. I don't want to be lied too.. If there's no Habs news, there's no Habs news and I'll read something else...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 02:42 AM
number 11

pfft the kostitsyns are so much more gangster than grabovski ...

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Caekslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Darkest days of the Leafs is taking forever still
That was too easy

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
RDS and La Presse blow EVERY hockey story out of proportion.. 3 days ago, I really believed Schneider was going to have surgery..Yesterday, he played a great game.. WTF!!! It was bold to say Schneider to miss rest of season, yet they did. Not "may miss rest of season", but "will miss rest of season"..

I want to read about the Habs to stay updated. I don't want to be lied too.. If there's no Habs news, there's no Habs news and I'll read something else...
This.

Except the journalists blame the organization for not coming out and telling them everything they want to know/hear.
Instead of just shutting up before getting any type of official statement/confirmation, they blame the Habs for not giving them info.
They will turn anything into some type of Habs controversy.

Schneider himself after the Boston game said his injury was never as serious as made out to be. He said the media made it that big. Apparently, to whomever broke the news, he thought getting a ''txt msg from someone inside locker room'', was a good enough source to announce something as a fact. They couldn't wait for the confirmation before coming out with this news.

That's what I call Professionalism.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 03:18 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
This.

Except the journalists blame the organization for not coming out and telling them everything they want to know/hear.
Instead of just shutting up before getting any type of official statement/confirmation, they blame the Habs for not giving them info.
They will turn anything into some type of Habs controversy.

Schneider himself after the Boston game said his injury was never as serious as made out to be. He said the media made it that big. Apparently, to whomever broke the news, he thought getting a ''txt msg from someone inside locker room'', was a good enough source to announce something as a fact. They couldn't wait for the confirmation before coming out with this news.

That's what I call Professionalism.
What's funny is that instead of admitting that they are wrong, Francois Gagnon (Antichambre) and Marc DeFoy (110%) blamed the organization for not revealing how serious are Markov and Schneider injury and that the organization make them look ridiculous. I also laugh when I hear the french media blaming Gainey for how rude he was at his press conference yesterday when he refuses to answer why Laraque was not in the line-up vs Bruins. They also said that Gainey "humiliated" DeFoy. Wouldn't surprise me if they all stick together to kick Gainey out of here, even tho it wouldn't surprise me if Gainey decides to leave the organization after this season.

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 04-11-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 05:25 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post

I agree that the media seems to have overblown the original story of gangsters, ***** and other crap.

BUT...............It wasn't a lie regarding Schneider. The people reading the MRI in Montreal declared a torn rotator cuff. I have that on 100% authority.

The "second opinion" may have changed things, or, more likely, Schneider decided that there was little risk of aggravation and decided to play the do-or-die game(s). Mathieu might have said he's 100% and feeling perfect, but his ice time says otherwise.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I agree that the media seems to have overblown the original story of gangsters, ***** and other crap.

BUT...............It wasn't a lie regarding Schneider. The people reading the MRI in Montreal declared a torn rotator cuff. I have that on 100% authority.

The "second opinion" may have changed things, or, more likely, Schneider decided that there was little risk of aggravation and decided to play the do-or-die game(s). Mathieu might have said he's 100% and feeling perfect, but his ice time says otherwise.
he played 21:16 though...

Anyways, they say the media in Toronto is just as bad as Montreal's...

nah...

Either our idiots are dumber or we have more idiots

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:01 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
What's funny is that instead of admitting that they are wrong, Francois Gagnon (Antichambre) and Marc DeFoy (110%) blamed the organization for not revealing how serious are Markov and Schneider injury and that the organization make them look ridiculous. I also laugh when I hear the french media blaming Gainey for how rude he was at his press conference yesterday when he refuses to answer why Laraque was not in the line-up vs Bruins. They also said that Gainey "humiliated" DeFoy. Wouldn't surprise me if they all stick together to kick Gainey out of here, even tho it wouldn't surprise me if Gainey decides to leave the organization after this season.
The media might think that they have that kind of power, it would appear that you do as well, but they don't. If Bob Gainey is not back with the team next year it will be because Bob Gainey does not want to be here anymore. No controversy, no scandal, just a personal, private and professional decision. The media will have absolutely no effect upon his decision despite what they would like to believe and have us believe.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Newhabfan

If you watched the Schneider in game interviews - he said "it's because you blew it out of proportion. Noone confirmed it". They were so embarassed they always tried to tone it down and said "the media".

I also think that he is playing with painkillers btw.

Somehow our own Baseballcoach here seems to have an incredible inside source (probably in the medical side) - he called the rotator cuff injury hours/days before anyone. I'll believe him next time.

And I won't repeat what he said about Markov - go look for it yourselves

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:44 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
PUH-LEASE!

Gainey made the point that the question was getting into the area of tactics. He obviously could not explain his thinking without the journalists then publishing it, and then everyone else could read this too.

He said that the journalists were free to publish their OPINIONS but they would be just opinions. If Gainey himself came out with his gameplan, that would be a completely different thing.

Considering that the season is FAR from over, I support Gainey's decision to keep a team tactical decision inside the team.

Besides, it is rarely a winning strategy for team chemistry to explain publicly why player X didn't play, when you might need this player X very soon.

So I have no problem with Gainey's stance on this and in my opinion neither will the general public since we got the point out of it. Perhaps if we had lost, Bob might have been better advised to say a few platitudes to placate the questioner without actually revealing the entirety of his thinking.

But it's all good here.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
gee

But Grabovski was linked to the gangsters male-prostitution ring

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Habs4Life

Come on now we all know Plekanec is the real gansta

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
Come on now we all know Plekanec is the real gansta

huh ?! I thought it was the New Age Amigos: Price, O'Byrne, Higgins, Gorges

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Hermamoud

Wow, if they think Gainey "humiliated" De Foy, what would they qualify what Ron Wilson did to Howard Berger?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote