HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who's the best enforcer this year?

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2004, 04:37 AM
Iggy-4-50

vCash: 500
Who's the best enforcer this year?

Georges Laraque(6'3 245lbs)...i'm thinking he's lost his mojo after getting smacked around this year,I thought he could never be beat but he's a wimp now and he's overpaid!

Peter Worrell(6'6 235lbs)...what a fricken pvssy this guy is...very disapointed as i thought he had heart and a brain! also overpaid.

Jody Shelley(6'4 235lbs)...like this guy as he's a gamer...but gets a crap beat out of him a little too much.

Wade Brookbank(6'4 220lbs)...Great fighter but sadly should be playing in some rec league for lack of skill...this guy is as utility as they come!

Doug Doull(6'2 220lbs)...this guy is a gamer for any fight and wins most...can he play hockey though?

Krzysztof Oliwa(6'5 245lbs)...if there was a heavyweight belt for such a thing Oliwa would win hands down this year IMO,the guy has turned into a smart tough enforcer under Sutter.

Who did i forget?

Old
03-18-2004, 04:46 AM
Dangerdanger

wow, you're not biased at all [sarcasm].

Old
03-18-2004, 04:47 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Wade Brookbank(6'4 220lbs)...Great fighter but sadly should be playing in some rec league for lack of skill...this guy is as utility as they come!
Hmmm.

Wade Brookbank:

27 GP, 2G

0.074 GPG, 6 goals per 82 games.

Jody Shelley:

191 GP, 7G

0.037 GPG, 3 goals per 82 games.

Krzysztof Oliwa:

402 GP, 17G

0.042 GPG, 3 goals per 82 games.

Try again! :p

Old
03-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
Hmmm.

Wade Brookbank:

27 GP, 2G

0.074 GPG, 6 goals per 82 games.

Jody Shelley:

191 GP, 7G

0.037 GPG, 3 goals per 82 games.

Krzysztof Oliwa:

402 GP, 17G

0.042 GPG, 3 goals per 82 games.

Try again! :p
I didn't see both of Brookbanks goals,but the one i did see was like watching a pinball game...how was the other?
The guy has a total of seven shots on goal in 27 games,he probably fell down trying another 7 shots :p
If you think this guy has talent to play at an NHL level...may i suggest a new sport for you to follow (like broomball)

Oh wait! he's the next Gretzky...just look at his shooting%

Old
03-18-2004, 05:26 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Who did i forget?
Every enforcer in the East except for Doug Doull of all people.

Old
03-18-2004, 07:24 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
I dunno i like Georges Laraque...I think he brings alot of physical and offensive contributation to the Oilers

Old
03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Raging Bull

My vote goes to Worrell.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:24 AM
HellsBells

I believe that no enforcer has done their job better than Kryzstof Oliwa this year. He's not the best fighter but he will fight anyone at anytime. Laraque backed down from Oliwa just last week. Oliwa has had some problems in his career but he is doing a great job in Calgary and Sutter has nothing but confidence that Oliwa will do the job night in, night out. That says a lot coming from Darryl Sutter. I may be a Flames fan so you can take this with a grain of salt, but I challenge anyone to think of an enforcer that has done the job better than Oliwa this year.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:26 AM
avalanche_country

BERTUZZI

Old
03-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Surly Furious

Well, Matt Johnson (6'5" 235lbs) is a good fighter, and has 6 goals this year.

Old
03-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Darren Langdon does his job, as well as, any enforcer in the league.

He doesn't lose any fights and you can't include the Oliwa fight because he fell into the back of the net.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:34 AM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
I don't get to see much of him, but Todd Fedoruk has an awesome left hand

-- Spooks

Old
03-18-2004, 10:45 AM
CupBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Darren Langdon does his job, as well as, any enforcer in the league.

He doesn't lose any fights and you can't include the Oliwa fight because he fell into the back of the net.
He didn't fall in to the net, he was thrown like a ragdoll by Oliwa in to the glass. Langdon never fights to win. He just tries to not lose, hardly a good enforcer.

My picks are:

Oliwa and Shelley in the West with Oliwa getting the nod for beating up on Shelley last few times.

Brasher in the East. He is a tough SOB and a solid 4th liner as well. Belak is solid as well, but has had a rough year with injuries.

Old
03-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Zodiac

I like Worrell.

He's had a bad knee this season and isn't playing as he's capable of ...but I still like him.

Old
03-18-2004, 11:24 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
I like Worrell.

He's had a bad knee this season and isn't playing as he's capable of ...but I still like him.
LA fan here, and I have to keep Brennan in the top five, although Peters got the nod on him last night against Atlanta. Brennan fights to end someone, and he throws with both hands. Got the better of Brad Brown last night, pretty much ended Kevin Sawyer last year before Norton finished the job. He's entertaining when the gloves come off.

Top five in my book:

1.)Laraque
2.)Brashear
3.)Johnson
4.)Peters
5.)Brennan

Honorable mention: VandenBuscche............Although a middleweight, he'll go toe-to-toe with anybody, including heavyweights. He's an animal...........ask Nick Kypreos.

Old
03-18-2004, 11:30 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Brookbank has only scored because of the Sedins. They make muckers like Keane and May score, so Brookbank's goals are more a product of his linemates than his beer league skills.

In terms of the whole package, I always liked Laraque, but he's lost his fighting edge this year. Not sure why, but his scrapping isn't what it used to be. Off year perhaps? Oliwa's been the best in my books this season. He's answered the bell when called upon, defended teammates and showed some stickhandling flair on one of his goals this year(deked the goalie out of his pads, he did!).

Old
03-18-2004, 12:38 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
No mention of Darcy Hordichuk? Tsk, Tsk!!--Zombie

Old
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
LA fan here, and I have to keep Brennan in the top five, although Peters got the nod on him last night against Atlanta. Brennan fights to end someone, and he throws with both hands. Got the better of Brad Brown last night, pretty much ended Kevin Sawyer last year before Norton finished the job. He's entertaining when the gloves come off.

Top five in my book:

1.)Laraque
2.)Brashear
3.)Johnson
4.)Peters
5.)Brennan

Honorable mention: VandenBuscche............Although a middleweight, he'll go toe-to-toe with anybody, including heavyweights. He's an animal...........ask Nick Kypreos.
Peters ??? Brennan ???

Oliwa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brennan
Oliwa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Peters
Shelley >>>>>>>>>>> Brennan
Shelley >>>>>>>>>>> Peters

Heck, I could go on all night. You must not see too many fights if you would consider either of those 2 in the top 5.

Old
03-18-2004, 01:57 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield

Peters ??? Brennan ???

Heck, I could go on all night. You must not see too many fights if you would consider either of those 2 in the top 5.
You must have not seen Peters last few fights. He's rising quickly.

Old
03-18-2004, 01:59 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Blah - what is the context of your avatar clip? Never saw that one...carcks me up though.

Old
03-18-2004, 02:01 PM
paxtang

Oliwa has fought a lot, and would win comeback fighter of the year after his terrible previous year, but fighter of the year? Come on. He's won some, but lost some too, and had some pretty crappy fights as well.

If we are going top fighter, Cairns or Brashear win it this year. Top enforcer? That's a little harder.

Old
03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne
Blah - what is the context of your avatar clip? Never saw that one...carcks me up though.
Line brawl in the playoffs. I think something happened with Lindros, so the Flyers put out Richardson, McCarthy and Berube on the ice. Berube challenges Domi off the drawl, who turns it down. Almost immediatly after, Domi is challenged by McCarthy (who had accused Domi of being a racist, which then prompted Domi to say he would never fight McCarthy again) so he is now being chased by two fighters. Domi does the fake glove drop and continues to skate away. Leaf players come in, and with Richardson, Berube, and McCarthy on the ice, all the players pair off except for Domi. The 3 Philly fighters started to throw with they guys they had, all non fighters, which prompted Domi to fly into the mix and incidently get thrown head first into the boards, cuttign him. I believe Scappy broke up the fight McCarthy was in, holding him back. Domi, free from anyone, goes over to the scene you see. Adam Burt is tied up with Karbele, and Domi starts punching a already engaged Burt, then on the ice. Richardson sees this and goes over to Domi, who then skates around Karberle using him as a shield so that Richardson can't get to him. Domi then goes over and taunts a tied up McCarthy, before being led off the ice.

Old
03-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield

Peters ??? Brennan ???

Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about. I agree Kip Brennan shouldn't be anywhere the top5 but he's an entertaining fighter but still raw. Anyhow "Shelley >>>>>>>>>>> Peters" is laughable. This is probably Shelly's worst year, he fights like **** this season with clear losses against Neil and somebody I can't remember right now.

Old
03-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Wetcoaster

No doubt - Todd Bertuzzi hands down.

Old
03-18-2004, 02:27 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

gotta go with Georges Laraque. apart from that one fight against the wild he hasn't lost a fight all year. Hasn't fought as much but in now contirbuting offensively. In my mind, by far the best all around enforcer

Yes I realize I am an Oilers fan, so maybe a bit biast but Georges is still tops in my book

Closed Thread