Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks @ Coyotes

Old
04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Doug19

vCash: 500
That sucks, a shootout is a ****** way to decide a major game like this.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
San Jose in the 1st round.
On the bright side, ticket resell value just doubled.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HerrAlex

wow ****ing ********. Too lazy to get players out again. I was just saying to my brother right after that that it reminds me of brett hull winning the cup.

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Phoenix sure screwed themselves this game. With this win they should vault past the Kings and out of the lottery. Makes this suck even worse, now, as LA has a shot at Tavares.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

****ing Giguere. When was the last time he made a clutch save?

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Paul4587

Yeah Phoenix seemed quite content on winning, I guess tanking really doesn't happen.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
He made a few in the third period.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He made a few in the third period.
He played the same way Hiller did...make the first save and then wonder where the rebound went. The only difference was Phoenix didnt get any lucky bounces. I feel bad for Giguere though, he had a chance to finally make a positive contribution and he just couldnt get it done....it was a tough situation to put him in.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
To be fair, he did help get the game to OT. He held up his end during the game, but not in the shootout (apparently... I saw none of it). It's tough to ask a goalie to come off the bench cold after sitting for two periods and not make a single mistake - even one goal in regulation would have sunk the Ducks.

Unfortunately, I think the anger is misdirected here. You can be mad at Giguere for a lot of other games this year, sure, but Carlyle kind of ****ed up and now we have two goalies in a less than perfect mental state headed into the playoffs. At least if he started Giguere and the Ducks lost, he could have gone with a fresh Hiller coming off a win to open against the Sharks/Wings. =\

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Vman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
San Jose in the 1st round.
Or Detroit!

Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Randall Graves*

I just don't get why Hiller started, remember this is a dude whos' played overseas where they play less, there was no reason to do it after he faced over 40 shots last night, i'd much rather have lost with Giguere but atleast the ducks DO have some fire power should they need it vs SJ/Detroit

Not a fan of playing Beauchemin either

Oh and Wiz finished with 11 points in 17 games with us, if this guy can improve his skating over the summer he could be a real legit top 2 dman.

But I think the team has some momentum going into the playoffs, as long as we can score on the PP the ducks will have a shot, the big keys will be Christensen/Ebbett they need to step up with Teemu and we have to go with one shutdown line, I think we can beat anyone if the goaltending is good

Last edited by Randall Graves*: 04-11-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Degenerate191

My personal opinion is that Carlyle was kind of setting hiller up for failure. My feeling is that in his head, he still considers giguere his number one, and he started hiller with 2 ideal outcomes. 1. Hiller wins again on a back to back and solidifies himself as our starting goalie for the playoffs, or 2. Hiller doesn't play well, allowing Carlyle to pull him in favor of jiggy, and jiggy throws up the wall, wins us 6th, and takes his spot back. On a side note, I think js should have started, and hiller should be in game 1 of the playoffs.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate191 View Post
My personal opinion is that Carlyle was kind of setting hiller up for failure. My feeling is that in his head, he still considers giguere his number one, and he started hiller with 2 ideal outcomes. 1. Hiller wins again on a back to back and solidifies himself as our starting goalie for the playoffs, or 2. Hiller doesn't play well, allowing Carlyle to pull him in favor of jiggy, and jiggy throws up the wall, wins us 6th, and takes his spot back. On a side note, I think js should have started, and hiller should be in game 1 of the playoffs.
Exactly what I thought. I assumed he was doing this, as he seems to favor Giguere, and this, in his mind, would be a win-win. If Hiller plays unreal, then they win games, and he plays till he loses. Once he loses, Carlyle has an excuse to put Jiggy back in. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Jiggy start game 1.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Bring on San Jose or Detroit, it's going to be an awesome first round!

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
Exactly what I thought. I assumed he was doing this, as he seems to favor Giguere, and this, in his mind, would be a win-win. If Hiller plays unreal, then they win games, and he plays till he loses. Once he loses, Carlyle has an excuse to put Jiggy back in. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Jiggy start game 1.
God I hate Giggy, but Hiller has not shown anyone that he can be relied on in the past 2 games. Let in a couple softies in crunch time and has left juicier rebounds than general. So I'm not totally against starting Giggy in game one because if he gets hot we can definitely be in good shape.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 02:45 AM
bumperkisser

but the thing is HES NOT GONNA GET HOT.. i wish he would but we've already given him enogh chances to try and prove that

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Question...why is Nokia being used sparingly by Caryle?

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Question...why is Nokia being used sparingly by Caryle?
Brown and Nokelainen each only took 2 shifts in the 3rd. Parros sat the whole period. As soon as Carlyle cannibalizes his 4th line to put Christensen with Selanne and Ebbett, that's pretty much the end of the 4th line until the experiment ends. We were behind or even the whole 3rd period, so...

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
but the thing is HES NOT GONNA GET HOT.. i wish he would but we've already given him enogh chances to try and prove that
I have learned never to bet against JS The playoffs are a funny thing and can bring the best out of any player

Old
04-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Pucking Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
That's what most of us thought about the team as well just a few weeks ago and see what happened there...

Pucking Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Hiller will win us some games and maybe a round. However, if the Ducks plan to win the Stanley Cup, we need Giguere in net. Hiller is too inconsistent to win us 4 rounds in the playoff. For every great save he makes, he gives up a crappy goal as well. He rebound controls are horrible and the only saving grace is his glove hand and mobility. I think we will need both goaltenders to play which is a sad state of affair.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Hiller will win us some games and maybe a round. However, if the Ducks plan to win the Stanley Cup, we need Giguere in net. Hiller is too inconsistent to win us 4 rounds in the playoff. For every great save he makes, he gives up a crappy goal as well. He rebound controls are horrible and the only saving grace is his glove hand and mobility. I think we will need both goaltenders to play which is a sad state of affair.
Why do so many of you think that amping up the intensity and physical play around the net will bring out the best in Giguere? The playoffs are a different beast than the reg season... there's no denying that... but he's played like crap all year. That isn't going to all the sudden disappear I'm sorry.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Why do so many of you think that amping up the intensity and physical play around the net will bring out the best in Giguere? The playoffs are a different beast than the reg season... there's no denying that... but he's played like crap all year. That isn't going to all the sudden disappear I'm sorry.
and that's why he should have started vs Phoenix, so we know where he's at

Old
04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
You make a good point. I think Hiller can steal a series or two, but we will need Giguere to be able to actually play well in the case that Hiller stumbles. The fact that he's struggled all year makes me a little worried. Jiggy NEEDS to step it up, more so than ever this season.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
and that's why he should have started vs Phoenix, so we know where he's at
No, we've had 82 games to see that.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote