HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) New Jersey Devils vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes

Old
04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
ClarksonU

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
You started flaming war first time around, you are going same direction again.

There is nothing funny about being poor and your pictures are offensive.

Unless you haven't figured it out already, we prefer talking about hockey here, not what other areas of country have or don't have.
those pictures are whatever you want them to be, if you are offended then I feel bad for you.

ClarksonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
The difference between our fanbase and many other fanbases is that we are trying to keep it clean here.

I have no clue where you came from, and certainly you have absolutely no respect from me at this point.

Hopefully, you'll earn it one day, but so far you did a pretty poor job at that.

You don't have to respond. I am done with this conversation.

Last edited by dmonk: 04-13-2009 at 10:08 AM.
dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarksonU View Post
For any Canes fans considering making a trip to Newark for the playoffs, here are some pictures I took when I was up there.

This is one of the hotels close to the Rock.
OH MY GOD! A rundown hotel! Near a gorgeous arena that everyone takes a train to get to anyway. THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!

Quote:

This was a farm in the downtown region......and they call us rednecks?
An urban garden??? So you mean if you live in the city...you can have like...fresh vegetables and the fun of actually gardening?? THAT IS ALLOWED?! I didn't even know you could buy vegetables without going to the grocery store.

Quote:

This was directly outside of the arena before the game.
It is perfectly clear what you are trying to portray by posting these pictures. Its also perfectly clear that you are just pissing off the rest of us. We do not want to be painted by the same brush that painted you. Do not try to instigate this stuff any longer.

Our arena is in the middle of ****ing nowhere. The one restaurant close by is a Wendy's, because the other went bankrupt. The only reason there is a hotel nearby is because...well there wasn't. Did you forget the fact that you drive past a huge ****ing COW PASTURE to get to the arena? Or if you take the back way there is about a mile stretch of EMPTY FIELDS with NOTHING IN THEM. Jesus, at least there was stuff to look at at their arena.

04-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

I think dmonk is right here, although I certainly don't think ClarksonU meant any harm by his original post. I'm not going to delete those posts because I want people to see what I am referring to. We don't need to go that direction in this series, and in the future we'll be trying to nip any of that kind of stuff in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Let's try to keep it hockey related.

Now, let's move on.

04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopscj View Post
Respectful non troll Devils fan since 1986. It should be a good series. I've watched all the games this year and this is a matchup I did not want to draw. Babchuck on the point is way too dangerous. The Devils this year do not pressure the puck carrier on the PK and that is part of their problem on the PK. They lack overall team speed with the exception of a few players, Parasie, Gionta, Madden come to mind. Your goalie is excellent and he will be tough to beat.

The Devils will win if they pressure the puck carrier and play some better defense. Zach Parasie needs to get a few goals. He has been snake bit as of late. Marty needs to play like he did when he came back from injury.

Carolina will win if they get the kind of play from Ward they have been getting all year. I haven't seen your team many times this year but based on my limited exposure your team has major talent. Your team speed is going to kill us. Your Power Play is also excellent every time I see it vs the Devils. Maybe it's just cruddy defense but I doubt it.

This series is going 6 or 7 games. Too much talent and too much respect for anything less.

If your team wins I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way. I just can't bring myself to root for any of the other eastern conference teams.

non Devils/Carolina question

One question about Pittsburgh. Do you think the refs give their team more Power Plays? Every time I watch them, mostly on NBC on Saturdays they seem to get a ton of borderline calls. Is it me or do you all see that too?

Take care.

Scoops
As a fanbase I'd say we don't put much stock into reffing conspiracies. We're the least penalized team in the NHL and were awarded the most PP chances too so we get diving and favouritism claims just about every game. I haven't really noticed it and I'm sure the refs don't give a **** about who wins what. Maybe others have seen something along these lines but I haven't, not that I've been looking that closely at this situation.

Last edited by GIN ANTONIC: 04-13-2009 at 10:37 AM.
GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:07 AM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...h-making-jump/

Quote:
Six River Rats players, along with head coach-GM Jeff Daniels, will join the Carolina Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Albany goaltender Justin Peters, defensemen Bryan Rodney and Brett Carson, and forwards Pat Dwyer, Brandon Sutter and Zach Boychuk were all summoned by Carolina following the Rats 3-2 season-ending win over Binghamton on Saturday.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:19 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
I hope they keep Daniels as far away from the bench and practices as possible.

He did a fabulous job in Albany this year.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I wonder if we see Sutter put back into the lineup at any point. Having a Sutter on your bench and not using him in the postseason is a cardinal sin. Yes, I know about the "he can't keep his head up", nonsense and all that but he could certainly give us more than Dwight Helminen at this point.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

You're allowed to call up coaches? Daniels can't be on the bench, can he?

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
wolfofthesteppes
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post
The one restaurant close by is a Wendy's, because the other went bankrupt.
This is opening back up again soon, if it hasn't already. Can't remember the name of it though.

As to the rest of it I agree with dmonk, CG and Dale. I'd definitely prefer to just be able to talk and read about hockey here than sift through a bunch of nonsense. If there are some Devils fans that want to be idiots on their own board that is their business.

04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

According to Kaberlay, the Backyard Bistro opens TODAY.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 10:32 AM
HBK27

Quote:
For any Canes fans considering making a trip to Newark for the playoffs, here are some pictures I took when I was up there.

Just be thankful you were able to get out of there with your camera.

And LOL at how old the 3rd picture is...surprised it's even in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post
OH MY GOD! A rundown hotel! Near a gorgeous arena that everyone takes a train to get to anyway. THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!

An urban garden??? So you mean if you live in the city...you can have like...fresh vegetables and the fun of actually gardening?? THAT IS ALLOWED?! I didn't even know you could buy vegetables without going to the grocery store.

It is perfectly clear what you are trying to portray by posting these pictures. Its also perfectly clear that you are just pissing off the rest of us. We do not want to be painted by the same brush that painted you. Do not try to instigate this stuff any longer.

Our arena is in the middle of ****ing nowhere. The one restaurant close by is a Wendy's, because the other went bankrupt. The only reason there is a hotel nearby is because...well there wasn't. Did you forget the fact that you drive past a huge ****ing COW PASTURE to get to the arena? Or if you take the back way there is about a mile stretch of EMPTY FIELDS with NOTHING IN THEM. Jesus, at least there was stuff to look at at their arena.
Just seems like some good natured ribbing to me, but I can understand if the rest of you don't want to be grouped in. Our old arena used to be in the middle of nowhere (well, middle of nothing but parking lots at least), and while I do miss tailgating before a game at times (at least when it's warm out) it's awesome being able to go to one of the many nearby bars/restaurants before a game in Newark now. It is a cool feeling just being in a city for the game as well.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 11:16 AM
WozzyBearRU

Quote:

Pure ignorance.

WozzyBearRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 11:17 AM
ChicagoBlues

Hurricanes=

ClarksonU=

How is racism good natured ribbing?

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

^,^^It's been addressed.

Cullen practicing. http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...canes-practice

Quote:
Canes center Matt Cullen is back on the ice today for the first playoff practice at the RBC Center.

Cullen missed the last eight games of the regular season with a foot injury but did do some skating on his own last week.

Cullen is working on the fourth line with Patrick Eaves and Tim Conboy, with Jussi Jokinen centering the line with Chad LaRose and Ray Whitney.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I hope Conboy finds a spot on the playoff roster... Does it look like he will? He has been getting closer and closer to his first goal and he's the type of player that would seem to get his first one in a big spot on the 4th line in the playoffs... I just have that feeling...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

It looks like he will be for Game 1. When Cullen is healthy enough to center the second line he may get replaced because they will need someone who can center the 4th line.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

The 4th line wouldn't be Jussi, Conboy, Eaves when Cullen moves up?

Old
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

I guess it could be, but to me that would be a mistake. Jussi was great with Brind'Amour and Samsonov.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

Personally I'd have the 2nd line as was (Whitney - Cullen - LaRose) when Cullen is healthy. Move Jokinen to the 3rd line wing with Samsonov and Brindy, and have Eaves - Sutter - Walker as the 4th line.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Walker has just looked awful to me since he's been back... But, still probably a better option than Conboy I guess...

Old
04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Walker has just looked awful to me since he's been back... But, still probably a better option than Conboy I guess...
Walker is garbage. I have no idea what happened to his hands from a few years ago. He makes awful offensive decisions and kills every rush he is on by taking a slap-shot right at the goalie's chest.

Hopefully Cullen is able to center the second line so Jokinen can slide to RW on the Samsonov-Brind'amour line.

Old
04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
caniac247

Speaking of Eaves, anyone else think he might surprise this post-season? I've got this feeling that with him being on the 4th with either Cullen or Jokinen, that he might just show us what he can actually do. I think he might just be a darkhorse.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
Speaking of Eaves, anyone else think he might surprise this post-season? I've got this feeling that with him being on the 4th with either Cullen or Jokinen, that he might just show us what he can actually do. I think he might just be a darkhorse.
If Eaves is on the fourth line he'll likely only be seeing 8-10 minutes a game (with PK time). That's not enough ice time to produce good numbers.

I could see him having a good playoffs if he played with Brind'amour and Samsonov, though. That line looked pretty good a few weeks ago when it was together.

Old
04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

Thank god it's 7:30 start times rather then 7:00 PM. I may actually be able to catch the entirety of the games unlike the regular season when I had to work.

Still not overly happy about the Sunday games, but I'm otherwise ok with the schedule.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote