HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Glenn 1st team All Star

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Ryan Glenn 1st team All Star

Habs 5th rounder in '00 Ryan Glenn has been named to the ALL ECAC 1st Team. Chris Higgins made it last year as a sophmore (but was also player of the year), Glenn makes the team for the first time but as a senior. Still congrats on his fine season.

http://www.uscho.com/news/2004/03/18_008270.php

Old
03-18-2004, 09:06 PM
RE-HABS

Great news for another prospect, be nice to find another diamond in the rough.

Maybe that helps him with Habs management to get to Hamilton next year. He must have really stepped this season, good luck in the Pro's and with the Habs organization Ryan.

Old
03-19-2004, 01:37 AM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Great news for another prospect, be nice to find another diamond in the rough.

Maybe that helps him with Habs management to get to Hamilton next year. He must have really stepped this season, good luck in the Pro's and with the Habs organization Ryan.
He is 24 or close to it, though. Pretty much all that he will ever be as a hockey player.

Old
03-19-2004, 01:59 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
He is 24 or close to it, though. Pretty much all that he will ever be as a hockey player.
Dman hit their prime later on in their career... and most players hit their prime at around 28...

Old
03-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Dman hit their prime later on in their career... and most players hit their prime at around 28...
Correct you are. Plus, I believe the Dogs will have three or four (or more) D-men open spots for next year.

Montreal - is this correct, and do you see Ryan Glenn maybe getting one of these spot?

Old
03-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
Correct you are. Plus, I believe the Dogs will have three or four (or more) D-men open spots for next year.

Montreal - is this correct, and do you see Ryan Glenn maybe getting one of these spot?
I hope Mark Flood gets a spot. He really impressed me the couple of times I've seen him play.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander

No I don't see him getting a spot in Hamilton, but they will need some bodies down there. First, Glenn needs to be signed, and some time in the ECHL would be a good start like Shasby, although with the need for bodies it could be interesting and he should have a better shot at Hamilton then Shasby had at the start of this year.

With Traverse, Cote, Plante all are RFA's. Right there you have a lot of tough decisions, as I hope the Habs pick up Cote, and Hamilton should keep Plante, imo. Traverse I dont' care for even in Hamilton but he does have a lot of experience.

Then there's Dykhuis who has 1 year left, will they pay him 1.6M again to play in Hamilton. It makes more sense to buy him out from a business aspect, tough decision as he has been solid for the most part in Hamilton .

Then there's Hainsey and Beauchemin who have to clear waviers to be sent down, and I would guess that one of them could make the Habs next year.

That leaves Archer.

Then there's Matt Shasby who I hope makes the Dogs lineup.

Mark Flood can be signed and play in Hamilton/ECHL or sent back to the Petes. He's considered one of the most improved players in the OHL this year, and I think he could handle the AHL next year, but we'll have to see if he's given the chance.

Ryan Glenn has the size, skating, strength to play in Hamilton, but a lot will depend on who else is in camp next year. I think he's a underrated prospect in the Habs system due to lack of exposure, but we'll have to see how he does at camp.

Korneev could also be brought over to play in Hamilton and that would be great to see. Don't know if he will or if the NHL/IIHF deal will get done in time.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
No I don't see him getting a spot in Hamilton, but they will need some bodies down there. First, Glenn needs to be signed, and some time in the ECHL would be a good start like Shasby, although with the need for bodies it could be interesting and he should have a better shot at Hamilton then Shasby had at the start of this year.

With Traverse, Cote, Plante all are RFA's. Right there you have a lot of tough decisions, as I hope the Habs pick up Cote, and Hamilton should keep Plante, imo. Traverse I dont' care for even in Hamilton but he does have a lot of experience.

Then there's Dykhuis who has 1 year left, will they pay him 1.6M again to play in Hamilton. It makes more sense to buy him out from a business aspect, tough decision as he has been solid for the most part in Hamilton .

Then there's Hainsey and Beauchemin who have to clear waviers to be sent down, and I would guess that one of them could make the Habs next year.

That leaves Archer.

Then there's Matt Shasby who I hope makes the Dogs lineup.

Mark Flood can be signed and play in Hamilton/ECHL or sent back to the Petes. He's considered one of the most improved players in the OHL this year, and I think he could handle the AHL next year, but we'll have to see if he's given the chance.

Ryan Glenn has the size, skating, strength to play in Hamilton, but a lot will depend on who else is in camp next year. I think he's a underrated prospect in the Habs system due to lack of exposure, but we'll have to see how he does at camp.

Korneev could also be brought over to play in Hamilton and that would be great to see. Don't know if he will or if the NHL/IIHF deal will get done in time.
thanks. Great insight and info on our prospects as usual.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
I hope they invite MacLellan to the Dogs camp again, he was very impressive last year, but unfortunately went back to play for the Rocket. Hes got some good size, and plays a very similar game to Komisarek. Though Archer is a similar defenseman, so he may not be all that useful unless we need the bodies.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Do you think Beauchemin will ever play in the NHL?

What's his potential?

Old
03-19-2004, 03:42 PM
youngs_habs_power

Beauchemin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Do you think Beauchemin will ever play in the NHL?

What's his potential?
Beauchemin remind me a little of Bouillon! And i think is ready right now. But he will never better than a 5th d-man. He's solid for his shape(5'11'', 205 I think) and he loves to hit. But the habs have a lot of talent on defence, the most underrated squad of the nhl, IMO. And Hainsey will gradue before him. Since Bowman, and before too, it's hard for a young guy to broke up the habs line up. But i hope to see next year with the habs the Hainsey, Perezhogin, Higgins, komi as regular, and maybe Hossa and beauchemin. They can play for teams like Was, Pit, cbj or NYR right now, IMO!

Closed Thread