HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders Prospects: 09-10 Edition Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Mavericknyc1980

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
2nd game of the season: Ullstrom with 1g, 2a

(This makes it 5 (2+3) for the season compared to last years 4 (1+3)).

Also, Anders Nilsson was starting for Luleå - 25 saves in 28 shots.

Keep up the great work Mikkel. It is appreciated.

Old
09-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Mikkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
By the way, although you're giving us this good stuff from the SEL, Mikkel is actually a Danish isn't it? Not that being in Denmark hinders one from keeping tabs on the SEL, just curious....
It is indeed. Very common name here (also in Norway, but that is (or at least used to be) the same language anyway).

I do follow the SEL though, at least as much than the Danish league. Not only is the quality of play signifcantly higher, coincidentally I also get more of it in my tv (due to DK hockey being on a pay-channel, while the public Swedish channels - available free here - broadcasts a fair bit of SEL). Oh, and there is a lot more hockey in Swedish media in general, and as I'm capable of reading the language, well, I tend to follow them.

Will probably try to give regular updates on Ullström and Nilsson here, as it seems to be well appreciated.

Old
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
It is indeed. Very common name here (also in Norway, but that is (or at least used to be) the same language anyway).

I do follow the SEL though, at least as much than the Danish league. Not only is the quality of play signifcantly higher, coincidentally I also get more of it in my tv (due to DK hockey being on a pay-channel, while the public Swedish channels - available free here - broadcasts a fair bit of SEL). Oh, and there is a lot more hockey in Swedish media in general, and as I'm capable of reading the language, well, I tend to follow them.

Will probably try to give regular updates on Ullström and Nilsson here, as it seems to be well appreciated.
It is! Thanks!

Old
09-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Sneekypete

Per Mike Fornabio of soundin off Klementiev may be staying with Bport and not going to the OHL

Old
09-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Per Mike Fornabio of soundin off Klementiev may be staying with Bport and not going to the OHL
Wow. It looks like the Islanders really like this kid. The one game I saw of him this year I liked him too... reminds me of Martinek.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Sneekypete

Romano made a good impression on me last night. Playing hard and wasnt afraid to take a hit to make a play. The kid could be a sleeper and this is after I basically said he was Utah Fodder. Hopefully he makes me eat crow.

I dont think i will be in shelton tonight for the game but if I do I will post what I see.

Old
09-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Sneekypete

Hamonic is wearing the (C) for Moose Jaw in 3 games he has 1 goal and 5 assists and is a minus 1 with 2 pims.

Klementiev signed per Mike Fornabio

http://blog.connpost.com/fornabaio/

Last edited by Sneekypete: 09-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old
09-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Romano made a good impression on me last night. Playing hard and wasnt afraid to take a hit to make a play. The kid could be a sleeper and this is after I basically said he was Utah Fodder. Hopefully he makes me eat crow.

I dont think i will be in shelton tonight for the game but if I do I will post what I see.
Romano was very good once again. The 6Smith-Nikiforov-Healy line scored all the goals tonight. Mikko Koskinen was amazing out there tonight.

Outside of a few nice plays and some hustle, it was your typical training camp full of tryout guys making bad passes, playing out of position and the such.

Justin Dibenedetto was really quiet tonight. Jan Piskacek was god awful.

Old
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Bridgeportfan14

What are the chances of Dustin Friesen making the Tigers? Just curious to seeing how he was playing in the pre-season games. Saw that he collected an assist the other night.

Old
09-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeportfan14 View Post
What are the chances of Dustin Friesen making the Tigers? Just curious to seeing how he was playing in the pre-season games. Saw that he collected an assist the other night.
None. He got cut yesterday. There roster is pretty set for now.

Old
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Mavericknyc1980

Quote:
None. He got cut yesterday. There roster is pretty set for now.
Is there a way I can watch the Soundtigers game on the computer?

Old
09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
Is there a way I can watch the Soundtigers game on the computer?
AHL live
http://ahl.neulion.com/team/console.jsp

It was 6 bucks a game last year.

Old
09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Son of Krypton

Anders Nilsson with his first* SEL shutout tonight, in Luleå's 2-0 win over would-be title contenders Linköping.
To be fair, though, Linköping wasn't on top form, and only managed 17 shots on goal.
Still, a solid effort by the 19-year-old!

Highlights here.

* Nilsson didn't allow any goals in his one and only SEL game last season. Then again, he was only in net for 28 minutes. So he never got the official shutout - only a perfect record in SVS% and GAA.

EDIT: Just noticed that we didn't get a whole lot of Nilsson action in those highlights!
Well, you got to hear him talk, at least.

Last edited by Son of Krypton: 09-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old
09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Mavericknyc1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Anders Nilsson with his first* SEL shutout tonight, in Luleå's 2-0 win over would-be title contenders Linköping.
To be fair, though, Linköping wasn't on top form, and only managed 17 shots on goal.

Highlights here.

* Nilsson didn't allow any goals in his one and only SEL game last season. Then again, he was only in net for 28 minutes. So he never got the official shutout - only a perfect record in SVS% and GAA.

EDIT: Just noticed that we didn't get a whole lot of Nilsson action in those highlights!
Keep it up kid

Old
09-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Highlights here.

Good stuff! Thank you....

Just off hand, there are other games to be seen at that site. If I'm correct, the following Islander prospects play with the following clubs.

G Nilsson - Lulea
G Ridderwall - Djurgarden
F Ullstrom - HV71

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 09-29-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old
09-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Son of Krypton

Yeah, David Ullström is doing great, it seems!
Haven't caught any HV71 games myself, but it is arguably the best team in the league at the moment, so he's surrounded by good players at least.

Stefan Ridderwall hasn't seen any time in net so far. Coach Hardy seems to have decided on Gustaf Wesslau as Djurgården's number one goalie.
But things could change, I guess. We're only three games into the season (Djurgården's third game is tonight - again with Wesslau in net).

I'll leave you with this post of mine from the Sweden board, in case you want to explore the SEL website:
Quote:
The official SEL site will have highlights of all the games.
The clips will have Swedish commentary, though.

However, they do have an English language version of the site, so you might be able find some additional information there.
Obviously, it's a stripped-down version of the Swedish site, and they won't be translating everything.
You could always try reading the Swedish site through Google Translate if you're not satisfied with the English version.

And here's the main SEL video page, where you'll find all the latest clips. With game highlights at the very top.
(Googlified version here.)

Old
09-30-2009, 05:19 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Yeah, David Ullström is doing great, it seems!
Haven't caught any HV71 games myself, but it is arguably the best team in the league at the moment, so he's surrounded by good players at least.

Stefan Ridderwall hasn't seen any time in net so far. Coach Hardy seems to have decided on Gustaf Wesslau as Djurgården's number one goalie.
But things could change, I guess. We're only three games into the season (Djurgården's third game is tonight - again with Wesslau in net).

I'll leave you with this post of mine from the Sweden board, in case you want to explore the SEL website:
Tack sâ mycket för länkarna! Ska titta ibland pâ alla sidor....

Thanks for the other updates as well... we're all hoping for a big year from Ullstrom!!!

Ashame to hear about Ridderwall... I believe Wesslau is even younger than he is, right?

Old
10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

deHaan had an assist tonight for oshawa in a 5-4 loss

Old
10-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Amorican

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
deHaan had an assist tonight for oshawa in a 5-4 loss
and an upper body injury to boot.

Old
10-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Islandersfan1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorican View Post
and an upper body injury to boot.
Hope its nothing serious.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Isles Junkie

this franchise has the worst luck with injuries. get well soon Calvin.

Old
10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Brock

Saw Cizikas play Thursday.

Cizikas didn't have the greatest of games. He had a couple nice moments in the offensive zone and still did a good job on the penalty kill, but he didn't play as aggressive as a style as he usually does. He usually skates hard and puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team, but he was fairly invisible tonight. Considering the solid start Cizikas has had to the season, tonight's performance was an anomaly for Cizikas (and likely most of the Majors players). He finished with an assist.

Old
10-03-2009, 11:00 PM
sinc

Didn't see Klementiev in the Bridgeport lineup tonight, any word on whether hes being sent down to london? Would seem a waste to keep the kid in the AHL if hes not getting a tonne of minutes.

Old
10-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc View Post
Didn't see Klementiev in the Bridgeport lineup tonight, any word on whether hes being sent down to london? Would seem a waste to keep the kid in the AHL if hes not getting a tonne of minutes.
Healthy scratch. I believe they are still waiting for an official word from the AHL if he can play there or not.

Old
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
from www.russianprospects.com

Quote:
Kirill Petrov (New York Islanders) gets demoted to junior team
Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) - As he struggled finding any roster spot, Kirill Petrov (New York Islanders) has been sent by his KHL team, Ak Bars Kazan, back to the Russian junior league, where he already scored a goal in each of the two games he's been iced in. Getting demoted in the junior team is surely a step backwards for Petrov considering the role he had in the team a couple of seasons ago, but it might be good if he manages to rebound back with some good performances and earn a call-up with the pro team.