Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clutterbuck

Old
04-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Cheli

vCash: 500
Clutterbuck

Hey guys, my first time in this forum (gosh, it's quiet here, eh?).

Went through a bit of a Wild phase near the middle of the season, fell out of it after a few weeks, don't know why. But for the record, I think the Wild are more exciting to watch than a lot of people seem to think.

I really like Cal Clutterbuck though. Whenever I watch a Wild game it seems like he's always creating energy and helping his team however he can. Hitting machine and has put up decent numbers, especially considering the rookie status, his role on the team, and his ice time.

Anyway I was kind of sad that nobody's seemed to notice/like him enough to make a highlight/tribute vid so I decided to make one myself.

I just realized it doesn't look very good embedded... if you click to view it in Youtube/full screen it'll look slightly better.

Peace.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:39 AM
MN_Gopher

Most Minny fans are on the actual wild site.

For Clutterbuck. I would put him behind only Koivu as are second most important player. And how ever you want to include Backstrom. Would be the top 3.

For most teams a Clutterbuck is the missing piece. We unfortunatly do not have the makings of that type of team. No super stars or even a solid collection of great players. So Clutterbuck gets passed by, due to the teams lack os success.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Cheli

He gets overlooked quite a bit, and hated even more IMO. There was so much dislike for him on the main board when that thread about him breaking the hits record was made. And it's not even hate for him being an agitator type of player - I could understand that - it's hate for stupid little things that almost always involve his visor and/or Don Cherry. I made a post arguing every major criticism of him but I doubt I changed anyone's mind.

And oh, the site thing makes sense. Don't you get lonely around here then?

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Red Alberks

Nice video. Thanks for that.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

I don't think Clutterbuck was all that overlooked as the season progressed and he developed the reputation as a legit NHLer and not just a flash in the pan. When Wild games were televised on Versus, the play by play guys would speak very highly of not just his hitting ability, but also his all around hockey skills. Well and his name itself. Clutterbuck is more that just a pest. He also has a good set of wheels and a deceptive wrist shot. I see him being an Owen Nolan type player. Although I'm not expecting 40 goals from him. I see his potential of being a 25 goal scorer as he develops an gets more offensive responsibility. If he remains a secret that fine by me.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:13 AM
mnWILDgirl

Nice video, I added it to my favorites. Yeah I'm a HUGE Clutterbuck fan, I have a Clutterbuck shirt and I have even met him and gotten it signed. But the reason its quiet over here is because most fans post on the wild site. www.boards.wild.com and plus there isn't as much to talk about in the off season, until we get a new coach/GM that is.

But Clutterbuck is awesome, with better linemates i see him scoring between 15-20 goals. He also is a decent fighter for a rookie, I loved the Avery fight But he brings a lot of energy to the table, he goes out there and works as hard as he possibly can every moment. He is consistent in his hits every game, and is a pretty fast skater. With more practice on his puck handling and shot he will become an even better player.

His work on the PK is pretty good too, near the end of the season he was even getting more short handed chances. For a guy who is under 6ft tall he is definitely making a huge impact on this team, and i wouldn't want to see him anywhere else!

mnWILDgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Don't get me wrong here. I really like what Clutter has done this year, but in his last 20 games I saw a few things he did that turned my stomach a bit. One time he dropped to the ice (Avery style) in front of the net without anyone touching him. The ref correctly gave him a diving penalty. Another time, he scored an empty netter against Nashville (that put us up by 3) and he celebrated like it was an game 7overtime goal.

I hope he isn't getting a big head from the fast track popularity that he's recently generated. He's too young to start doing this kind of stuff.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote