HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Playoff thoughts

Old
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
zz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Don't forget Freddie Sjo
...who got absolutely levelled last game. Jeez, that had to hurt.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:03 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Didn't we always play that yearly ex Coyotes playoff game, in which their is always a former Coyote in every playoff game, never ceases to fail.

Boston-Montreal
BOS: Wheeler,
MTL: Laraque

Washington Ė New York
NY: Morris, Sjostrom, Mara
WSH: Brent Johnson

New Jersey-Carolina
NJ: Rupp,
CAR: Seidenberg

Pittsburgh-Philly
PIT: None
PHI: Carcillo, Briere,

San Jose-Anaheim
SJ:Roenick, Lemieux, Boucher
ANA: Selanne

Detroit-Columbus
DET: Draper, Cleary
CLB: Gratton, Chimera

Vancouver-St Louis
VAN: Vaananen (Didnít Know he was there)
STL: Tkachuk,

Chicago-Calgary
CHI: Eager, Khabibulin
CAL: Jokinin, Langkow, Lundmark

Is there anyone I am leaving off to fill in my fantasy ex-Coyotes playoff team

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Zigomanis went to Pittsburgh although he's injured isnt he?

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Kaizen

and Thomas but I don't know if he's with the big club.

Kaizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

They might be in the organization, but are not on the playoff roster

Old
04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Surprised no one's brought up that Carcillo managed to get himself suspended for a game already.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
CitizenCoyote

This opening round has been completely intense. I appear to be wrong on most of my thoughts, but it's been a pleasure to watch. Last night's Hawks v. Flames game was through the roof on intensity level. Just a great game. I know everyone feels the same, but it's just such a shame we can't get just a little piece of the playoffs here for the Coyotes. Playoff hockey rocks.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Definitely been some fun hockey.

Special kudos to RJ Umberger for returning to the game after that huge hit from Brad Stuart on Tuesday.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I am going for

Philly
Chicago
Boston-in spite of wheeler

the first round has been great, the chicago/calgary series and nj/carolina have been been back and forth.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
MP

I have friends and family in Michigan who, of course, are Wings fans--in fact, I was introduced to hockey by watching the Red Wings--so I have a soft spot for them.

I don't know if there's a team that can beat them in a 7-game series. If they can resist the temptation to turn on the autopilot, they're going to do it again.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
BGDDYKWL

Carcillo's played very well the past 2 games. Scored a goal that gave Philly a chance in the previous contest, and was a plus 2 tonight with an assist. Overall he has a goal, assist, plus 3, and zero PIMs.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Carcillo's played very well the past 2 games. Scored a goal that gave Philly a chance in the previous contest, and was a plus 2 tonight with an assist. Overall he has a goal, assist, plus 3, and zero PIMs.
...and one suspension.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Glad to see success for Carcillo, but.......

Uphall:

19 GP; 8G; 5A; 13pts;

if he keeps this trend up, we're looking at a 32-35 goal season

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Alamo

Honestly I thought not having Danny C here was a dumb idea but Scotty has been amazing... and we got a 2nd!

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Honestly I thought not having Danny C here was a dumb idea but Scotty has been amazing... and we got a 2nd!
How Maloney pulled off getting that 2nd rounder in the deal is unknown to me but props to him.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

But we all know this, Danny shows you that he can be more than a scrappy light weight, and scores a hat trick or the performance yesterday. Next Month he disappears and resorts to hitting & Fighting anything and everything as a means to find his "game" again. With Danny it's a matter of self motivation.

Old
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
With most of his ice time against the Crosby line too.

I don't think there's any doubt that the guy has skills. It just wasn't working here, and the dumb penalties were getting out of control. Plus, we got alot for him. Maybe the trade was what he needed to grow up a bit and focus more. Also, I think the playoffs are good for him -- he plays with a playoff like intensity and hitting guys after a whistle is de rigueur in the playoffs just not in the regular season.

I was pretty clearly not on the Carcillo bandwaggon, and I was delighted to see him go, particularly given what we got. But I'm certainly not rooting for him to fail and hope he does well.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:56 PM
zz

Rooting for the caps feels very satisfying today. Semin, Backstrom, Green are a ton of fun to watch. And when you think Ovechkin's beat, the guys just finds a way to step it up.

The blue shirts don't deserve another win. They just suck so bad. I'll be really bummed if Lunqvist steals this series.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:24 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Derek Morris... poor guy. Got his lunch handed to him again on a highlight-reel goal by Ovechkin...

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

so far so good...no team has won their series on home ice...thus preventing the home fans from seeing their team win a series in person....and maybe more importantly destroying the home fans spirits from the losing team in the process as well. Good job by the Caps last night to prevent Ranger fans from doing it. Now the Rangers can wrap it up in front of the Cap fans. Hopefully Pens wrap it up in Philly tonight & the Ducks wrap it up in San Jose.

Go spite!!

Let the Redwings win it all again.....la di frickin da

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:56 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Derek Morris... poor guy. Got his lunch handed to him again on a highlight-reel goal by Ovechkin...
thats now 2 in 2 years for DeMo.

Old
04-25-2009, 12:02 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
thats now 2 in 2 years for DeMo.
Are you referring to the Rick Nash goal?

Old
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Are you referring to the Rick Nash goal?
yes I am

Old
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
60DegreesIsCold

Quote:
Don't forget Freddie Sjo
He's getting a decent amount of ice time considering it's the playoffs. Almost 15 minutes in some games. He's a good fit for their team.

Poor Morris. Nothing he could've done to stop that. Personally, I think Ovechkin's the best player in the league and that was a brilliant play. I'm always shocked by the moves that guy busts out with. No one else would even try that. I'm really glad we don't have to play Lundquist more often. The man is a beast, and there's nothing more frustrating than watching your team play at the top of their game and being denied time and time again by the goalie. Some of his saves are unreal, and he can do it again and again without flinching. Also, Avery freaks me out. Great player and all, and I think enforcer/agitator (particularly when you get one with his skill) is a vital role on almost any team, but the dude clearly tries to hurt people. Nothing wrong with playing rough, but I don't want to see someone decapitated with a high stick either and it's creepy that he has the presence of mind to try to cover it up and pretend it's an accident every time.

Carcillo was terrific in the playoffs, everything I wanted him to be for us. He finally showed his skill level on a consistent basis, and he stayed disciplined throughout. I think it's very unfortunate that the NBC announcers tried to make a lazy storyline out of him tonight. That wasn't his fault. Humiliating Talbot on the ice like that with the Flyers up 3-0 should've been all Philly needed to get revved up and take the kill, and instead they had one of the most epic meltdowns I've seen. I love watching the Flyers, but I just can't understand what happened tonight. Carcillo's goal on Fleury, and his play against Pittsburgh's top lines were a thing of beauty though, and I hope he can keep it up next year. We might've struggled developing him, but he's a talented player with a lot of heart, and I hope he succeeds.

60DegreesIsCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 09:34 AM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60DegreesIsCold View Post
Carcillo was terrific in the playoffs, everything I wanted him to be for us. He finally showed his skill level on a consistent basis, and he stayed disciplined throughout.
I think you and I have different ideas about what we want for the Coyotes... Carcillo started off with a suspension and finished with an ill-advised fight.

I don't know if you believe in The Code or not (I'm not a believer per se but I know it exists), but Maxime Talbot is one of those character fourth-liners who is all heart and very little else - a good "room guy" - and his provocation of Carcillo was 100% deliberate and calculated. He knew he'd get massacred but he also knew that the Pens were playing lethargic and needed something to galvanize them. Carcillo going off the ice with his finger-guns pointing was to be expected. Talbot going off "shushing" the crowd was not - that's the kind of thing that fires up a team.

At any rate, Talbot knew that the Flyers had the game in control, so he went out and targeted the Flyer who is most consistently OUT of control. And while he lost the battle, he won the war. That's smart hockey.

I won't say Danny Carcillo has come close to the moron-level play exhibited by Sean Avery in the playoffs, but nothing at all I saw from the Flyers makes me sad one iota that we traded Carcillo. And I have to think the Pens were kinda glad THEY traded him too. If you believe in black helicopters, you might even say that Carcillo ended up being a sleeper agent for Pittsburgh...

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote