HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

AZCentral Article

Old
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Robotbike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Muellers play this year is night and day compared to his rookie year. I came across this yesterday. In case anyone forgot just how talented Mueller is, they should watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q196Wf3umhI
Wow I had forgotten how many of his goals last year were from driving to the net. He hardly ever did that this year.

Robotbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotbike View Post
Wow I had forgotten how many of his goals last year were from driving to the net. He hardly ever did that this year.
Like I said, the difference is night and day. I remember last year you couldn't sneak a puck past Mueller when he was playing the point, his calmness and ability to slow the play down was also non existent this year. That's why it would be a huge mistake to give up on him.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 09:08 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Like I said, the difference is night and day. I remember last year you couldn't sneak a puck past Mueller when he was playing the point, his calmness and ability to slow the play down was also non existent this year. That's why it would be a huge mistake to give up on him.
It's not uncommon that second year players "forget" what made them successful in year 1. Mueller needs to sit down and watch his highlights from last year and get back to doing what made him successful. I'm not 100% happy with some of the comments being made by Maloney. Flipping Mueller back to center at this point in time just seems to be reactionary. Who moves to the wing? Turris? If we bring in another top line center like he's talking where does that put everyone? Mueller, Lombardi, Turris, Hanzal are some of the other centers already on the team. Mueller moving from first line to 3rd line center just doesn't fully work for me at this point.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote