HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak National Team (Olympics, WHC, Deutschland Cup, Friendlies etc.)

Old
04-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post
Where is Valabik?
About 4 posts up.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Kamzik

No Stumpel, Radivojevic, or Cibak. No Baranka, and perhaps surprisingly no Ruzicka. I thought it would have been a good opportunity for Stefan. No Jaroslav Obsut or Richard Zednik. Marcel Hossa is questionable because he is in contract discussions.

Coach Hanlon said he accepts the decision of all players that have said no, and they will all receive invites again in the future.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
No Stumpel, Radivojevic, or Cibak. No Baranka, and perhaps surprisingly no Ruzicka. I thought it would have been a good opportunity for Stefan. No Jaroslav Obsut or Richard Zednik. Marcel Hossa is questionable because he is in contract discussions.

Coach Hanlon said he accepts the decision of all players that have said no, and they will all receive invites again in the future.
I understand older guys like Stumpel or Zednik. They have played ehre numerous times, log season with Olympics etc.

But as for Ruzicka, I hope this one lazy ass of a hockey player will not get selected fot the national team again, he will not be welcomed by the fans. He got loads and loads of ooprtunities and never showed anything except for a few pre-WHC games. I hope others will get the chance over him, someone who actually is interested to play outside of the Olympics.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 04:15 PM
gaborikowns

wow this is shaping up to be the worst team in recent memory..

relegation ? how would that look if they werent even in the WC next year in their own country? or do they get a bye for hosting it?

gaborikowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 05:12 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborikowns View Post
wow this is shaping up to be the worst team in recent memory..

relegation ? how would that look if they werent even in the WC next year in their own country? or do they get a bye for hosting it?
Can´t get relegated this year because of 2011. Don´t think we will lose to Kazakhstan no matter of these players saying no. To be honest some of them were rather the reason why we got the results we did last year, so why should we believe it would be better this time around?

Btw I´m quite sure that everyone will be all happy and smily to dress the jersey with the double cross next year just like for the Olympics. I think I am speaking for the majority of Slovak fans, that it is starting to get pretty disgusting.

Anyway, let´s bring on the kids. I´ve got no interest to watch some of these Euro primadonas play anyway. Especially not after how they did the last two years.

Old
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
slovakiasnextone

According to Sport, we will play like this against the Czechs tomorrow:
Staňa

Švárny-Fruhauf
Grundling-T.Slovák
Graňák-Lintner

Tatar-Zálešák-Čiernik
Tybor-Buc-Jaško
Tománek-Bulík-Pánik
Záborský-Zagrapam-Bartánus

It´s not saying the order of the lines. Looks pretty interesting. I´m glad they´re not breaking Tomanek and Bulik up, cuz it seems very typical of Slovak NT to break up players who are used to playing together from their clubs etc.

I´m starting to get really sorry that we´re not getting any broadcasts from these games cause CT is not creating any. Lol, and I thought that STV´s coverage of hockey sucked, at leats they get us all friendly game splayed in Slovakia on, even though not live sometimes.

Old
04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Kamzik

Sounds like the Czechs really handed it to them today, the "Glenovci" lost 6-2. Both SVK goals came from the Killer Zs, Zaborsky from Zagrapan. Reports say it could have been worse if not for so many missed shots, and shots directly at Hamerlik. This was the national team debut for Záborský, Jaško, Pánik, Tománek, and Tybor. SME says it was the debut for Zagrapan but I'm positive that is wrong.

Old
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
slovakiasnextone

Considering the overall situation this is very far from the worst losses against the Czechs.

At least a part of this Czech team has been trainign already since the middle of April. They already played two games against Switzerland last week. And alot of these players had the opportunity to play high quality games in EHT etc.

On the other hand, we had a team that was training together less than a week, a new coach, a new system and 6 rookies, yes I am counting Zagrapan too cause he never really played for Slovakia at th DC, I really won´t count those 5 minutes before he left the first game there.

6 goals is too much, but I have my doubts that Hamerlik will be playing at the World´s, 3 of those goals were on the Czech PP, IMO Hanlon met Slovak reality of fooling with stick today which is killing us at all levels internationally. It is about time that SZLH does some serious steps about it. Deffense was pretty bad and the whole team seemed kinda disorganized, which I suppose is not surprising. I expect a better result with Stana in net tomorrow.

I am not going to write anything about the players as the feed that the web of CT24 provided us with was absolutely horrid and I had tough times seeing the puck.

Only one thing, Tomas Zaborsky made a serious step towards the WHC today, hope he keeps it up.

It´s way too early to tell, though many of our dear Slovak fans were judging already after the first period, what a great fandom we are, eh?

Old
04-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Kamzik

From the coaches:

Glen Hanlon (Coach SR): We didn't play disciplined hockey, which is not very good. The team was mainly guilty of illegal stick-work. All told, we didn't play too poorly, but we didn't have much luck in PK [during which we allowed 3 goals]. Some young players showed themselves in a positive light, mainly Zaborsky who scored two goals. Richard Lintner played well until he left at the end because of injury.

Vladimír Růžička (Coach CR): I'm very pleased that we won. The Slovaks didn't have it easy after allowing those goals. With an increasing lead it became harder for Slovakia to play.

Old
04-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Some young players showed themselves in a positive light, mainly Zaborsky who scored two goals.
I'm glad for Tomas, he seems to be doing a great job. On the other hand if he makes the team Slovakia for the WHC it's pretty much a good bye and we wont see him in Pori anymore next season...Well anyways good to see him doing well.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 04:14 PM
slovakiasnextone

Czech republic- Slovakia 3-2 (0-1,1-0,2-1)
17. 0-1 Tománek (Zálešák)
60. 2-2 Pánik (Tatar)
PIM:5x2-4x2

Staňa - Starosta, Vydarený, Lintner, Švarný, T. Slovák, Graňák, Frühauf, Gründling - Čiernik, Zagrapan, Pánik - Záborský, Zálešák, Tománek - Bartánus, Bulík, Tatar - Marcel Haščák, D. Buc, Michal Chovan

OUT:
D Juraj Valach
D Martin Grundling
F Dávid Buc
F Tomáš Jaško
F Radoslav Tybor

IN:
D Vladimír Mihálik
D Ivan Majeský
F Milan Bartovič
F Andrej Podkonický

Furthermore René Vydarený got injured in today´s game and won´t play in Belarus.

Old
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Hate to derail this thread but since it is the NT catch all I figured ask.

Picked up this jersey from the UK. I'm trying to figure out what year it is from. The old Eurotel logo is a good hint but I can't remember when it became T-Mobile.

Anyone have any idea when its from?

Old
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
slovakiasnextone

Maybe this could help you? http://www.mmdresy.estranky.sk/stran...ensko-slovakia

Old
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post

Thanks. I think its from 2003-2004. No SZĽH logo in that year. It'st just a replica made by Metzen but it's still pretty cool.

Old
04-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
60. 2-2 Pánik (Tatar)

OUT:
D Juraj Valach
D Martin Grundling
F Dávid Buc
F Tomáš Jaško
F Radoslav Tybor
First NT goal for Panik. Can't believe Valach and Grundling were there over Juraj Mikus. I'll stop complaining about that now, but it did bother me that he wasn't given a chance.

The Bruins won this afternoon so they are not going to go out without a fight. Chara was awesome, but I'm especially surprised at the quality of hockey being played by Miro Satan. It seems this year he has found a little fountain of youth. If Boston goes on to get eliminated, both would be a welcome addition.

Old
04-17-2010, 05:16 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
First NT goal for Panik. Can't believe Valach and Grundling were there over Juraj Mikus. I'll stop complaining about that now, but it did bother me that he wasn't given a chance.

The Bruins won this afternoon so they are not going to go out without a fight. Chara was awesome, but I'm especially surprised at the quality of hockey being played by Miro Satan. It seems this year he has found a little fountain of youth. If Boston goes on to get eliminated, both would be a welcome addition.
From what I´ve heard Panik screwed up on the Czech 3rd goal,not very good performance in our zone from him tonight, but well it´s no secret that he is not exactly an all around guy. Btw quite the balls from Mr. Hanlon to play both Panik and Tatar in the last minutes of the game.

As for the Bruins, I take it that Chara is a given because of what Bondra said a while ago. I doubt that Peter would want anymore blamage since well let´s say that he is very far from the wonders that Peter Stastny could do as a GM, no matter how much we might not like him as a politician.

As for Satan, i remember him saying on either Markiza or JOJ when they were making a reportage in the Bruins locker room recently that if Boston would be eliminated he´d like to come. Of course we can´t take information of this sort for 100%. But I think Satan playing alongside guys like Tatar and Panik would be a nice memento to Satan and Palffy playing alongside Stastny back in Lilehammer 1994.

Old
04-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
From what I´ve heard Panik screwed up on the Czech 3rd goal,not very good performance in our zone from him tonight, but well it´s no secret that he is not exactly an all around guy. Btw quite the balls from Mr. Hanlon to play both Panik and Tatar in the last minutes of the game.
I missed third goal as I already started preparing for overtime so I can´t comment Panik´s play on that moment but all in all Panik played strong game and was maybe the best player yesterday. Even looked much better in own zone than I remember him. He overplayed tatar easily in both games. Zaborsky also played well.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 08:06 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I missed third goal as I already started preparing for overtime so I can´t comment Panik´s play on that moment but all in all Panik played strong game and was maybe the best player yesterday. Even looked much better in own zone than I remember him. He overplayed tatar easily in both games. Zaborsky also played well.
Thanks, czechexpert. I missed the third and even in the first two I didn´t know the jersey numbers and the stream was very blurred anyway.

Old
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
slovakiasnextone

Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany did not travel to Belarus for the tourney, because of the trouble with air traffic in Europe. Instead the three teams met in Germany playing a few games two for Slovakia against SUI and GER. Which really sucks, because STV would have provided streams for the BLR tourney, now we have nothing and the only live score I found was this: http://www.wincomparator.com/de-de/b...p-eishockey-5/

At least, it says that we´re winning 2-0.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 04-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
slovakiasnextone

Hanlon´s first win as NT coach

Slovakia-Switzerland 3-2 (2-0,0-1,1-1
10:12 1-0 Milan Bartovič/Ivan Švárny,Andrej Podkonický PP1
14:55 2-0 Roman Tománek/Marek Zagrapan
53:24 3-1 Tomáš Tatar/Michal Macho,Tomáš Záborský

PIM:4x2-8x2 SOG:31-34 Att:396

Line-up: Staňa - Ivan Majeský, Starosta, Lintner, Švarný, T. Slovák, V. Mihálik, P. Frühauf - Pánik, Zagrapan, Zálešák - Čiernik, Podkonický, Bartovič - M. Bartánus, Bulík, Tománek - Záborský, Macho, Tatar

To bad that there was no video or nothing or no info really. Well, since we don´t win that often over SUI during the season recently, it´s a succes.

EDIT: Now that the Extraliga is over, these are players that "will definitely be called" according to what Hanlon said earlier this weeK:
G Július Hudáček 09.08.1988 HC Košice
F Vladimír Dravecký 03.06.1985 HC Košice
F Rudolf Huna 27.05.1980 HC Košice
F Stanislav Gron 28.10.1978 HC Košice

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 04-23-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old
04-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Slovakia-Switzerland 3-2 (2-0,0-1,1-1

53:24 3-1 Tomáš Tatar/Michal Macho,Tomáš Záborský

EDIT: Now that the Extraliga is over, these are players that "will definitely be called" according to what Hanlon said earlier this weeK:
G Július Hudáček 09.08.1988 HC Košice
F Vladimír Dravecký 03.06.1985 HC Košice
F Rudolf Huna 27.05.1980 HC Košice
F Stanislav Gron 28.10.1978 HC Košice
One goal from Panik and one from Tatar in back2back games. I like that.

Ľubomír Vaic won't get an invite? Is he too old? Not good enough?

EDIT: Marek Svatos eliminated tonight. Had been playing a lot more in the last few games, had a goal a few hours ago against the San Jose Sharks. If I was SVK I would invite him.

Last edited by Kamzik: 04-25-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old
04-25-2010, 09:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
One goal from Panik and one from Tatar in back2back games. I like that.

Ľubomír Vaic won't get an invite? Is he too old? Not good enough?

EDIT: Marek Svatos eliminated tonight. Had been playing a lot more in the last few games, had a goal a few hours ago against the San Jose Sharks. If I was SVK I would invite him.
It was from an intervuiew with Hanlon on TV last week, he only mentioned Košice players there.

According to hokej.sk, he will call up Huna, Dravecký and Gron and is considering Hudáček. Huna has already declined the invitation due to health issues, too bad this one time I though he´d actually have chance to make the final team.

Also called up will be F Rastislav Špirko and F Radovan Somík from Czech champion Pardubice who both have some minot health trouble though.

According to hokej.sme.sk both Svatoš and Budaj would like to play in Germany, Svatoš needs to take care of some family bussiness first and since this is the last year of their contracts there also is the question of insurance.

To be honest, I´m not sure why we have so many forwards comming in, it´s on deffense where it currently looks horrible.

Old
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
slovakiasnextone

Germany-Slovakia 2-3 OT (1-2,0-0,1-0,-0-1)
04:59 Marek Zagrapan/Ivan Čiernik,Ivan Švárny PP
12:28 Michal Chovan/Tomáš Bulík,Marcel Haščák
61:10 Andrej Podkonický
SOG:29-22

Hamerlík - Ivan Majeský, Starosta, Lintner, Graňák, T. Slovák, V. Mihálik, P. Frühauf, Švarný - Bartovič, Podkonický, Zálešák - Pánik, Zagrapan, Čiernik - Tatar, Macho, Záborský - Marcel Haščák, Bulík, Michal Chovan

Germany - Frank Hördler - (Beinstellen), 2 MIN, 3:16
Slovakia - Peter Fruhauf - (Behinderung), 2 MIN, 6:16
Slovakia - Dominik Granak - (Halten des Gegners), 2 MIN, 13:32
Slovakia - Miroslav Zalesak - (Stock-Check), 2 MIN, 15:03
Slovakia - Richard Lintner - (Check gegen das Knie), 2 MIN, 17:52
Drittel 2
Slovakia - Tomas Starosta - (Halten des Gegners), 2 MIN, 0:34
Slovakia - Richard Panik - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 12:43
Germany - Korbinian Holzer - (Stock-Check), 2 MIN, 12:43
Slovakia - Miroslav Zalesak - (Beinstellen), 2 MIN, 16:50
Slovakia - Ivan Majesky - (Check gegen die Bande), 2 MIN, 17:25
Drittel 3
Germany - Patrick Hager - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 3:36
Slovakia - Peter Fruhauf - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 3:36
Germany - John Tripp - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 3:36
Slovakia - Peter Fruhauf - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 3:36
Germany - Patrick Hager - (Unnötige Härte), 2 MIN, 3:36
Germany - Thomas Greilinger - (Haken), 2 MIN, 11:17

We´re back to our old typical who gets the most PIM wins mode.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:35 PM
slovakiasnextone

OUT:
F Roman Tománek
F Tomáš Záborský

IN:
G Peter Budaj/Colorado Avalanche
G Branislav Konrád/HC Slovan Bratislava
F Vladimír Dravecký/HC Košice
F Stanislav Gron/HC Košice
F Rastislav Špirko/HC Moller Pardubice
F Marek Svatoš/Colorado Avalanche

OMG, OMG, I can´t *** believe this. The only positive is that Svatoš is play.

But having guys like Hascak, who is there only cuz of his name and Chovan, as much as I like him over Zaborsky and Tomanek, you gotta be nuts.

And Konrad over Hudacek? WTF? This gotta be the works of Mr. Pkovič and co. Nevermind that Konrad was not good enough to inish the series or Slovan and that Hudacek absolutely outplayed him and won Kosice the title, right?

EDIT: Peter Budaj is conirmed as well now. In a way this should mean the whole Konrad thing should it over, but I personally still can´t stop feel it is an unjustice towards Hudáček, that he won´t even be given a chance at all. It almost makes you wonder whether the fact that he actually dared to open his mouth to protest against certain things didn´t play a role, which is very sad i it did IMO.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 04-25-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old
04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Maybe Hanlon didn't want to 'nominate' Hudacek just to send him home right away (since Halak is likely to come soon as well, and thus Halak, Budaj & Stana/Hamrlik would be the ones going...)?

Or the bunch of morons from Crappyslava still holds power over everything...

MadArcand is offline   Reply With Quote