HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Talk : Live From Montreal! Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I'd rather have Kreider, Ferraro or Holland myself..

But again when was the interview? Things change fast in hockey.

oh i dont know when was the interview (actually it was not really an interview it was more a talk between the 2)

maybe timmins like Leblanc but he may like also kreider and Ferraro also too

too earlier to tell

Old
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Because, and this is assuming the crowd will boo our pick if he's not from Quebec, it's ****ing embarrassing as a fanbase. Every fanbase has their fair share of idiots, but there's no denying we have the cream of the crop.

Just my opinion, you guys don't have to like it. I don't really care
You're being a meany

You people should try to calm down and not care so much about how the fans react (like last game of the PO). Seriously i'm sure the players can take it and they will get over it, it's half as bad as most Hfboarders makes it sound.

Get over it guys!

Old
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
well i said Leblanc because if we draft a quebecers in the 1st rd it will be Leblanc imo (i dont see any other quebecers at 18th who could be a good option, i know Depres but i dont really want him)

and Stephane Leroux of rds ask Timmins about Leblanc and Timmins didnt say anything but had a big smile in his face and Leroux said the feeling he got was Timmins did like Leblanc)
That could be anything... Maybe Leroux has a big snot no he edge of his nose or something and Timmins couldn't help himself.

Old
05-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Imagine if we draft Leblanc and he bust...it would be nice just to stop those bashers who are saying we don't draft enough Quebec born players. I don't want to see our 1st round pick bust though...

Old
05-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Imagine if we draft Leblanc and he bust...it would be nice just to stop those bashers who are saying we don't draft enough Quebec born players. I don't want to see our 1st round pick bust though...
It's really not going to change ANYTHING. The ****ers who could potentially boo if we don't pick Leblanc don't actually give a **** whether there were better players available or not. They also don't know **** about hockey and especially prospects, therefore they will keep booing just for the kick of it until the Nords are back anyways..

Old
05-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
It's really not going to change ANYTHING. The ****ers who could potentially boo if we don't pick Leblanc don't actually give a **** whether there were better players available or not. They also don't know **** about hockey and especially prospects, therefore they will keep booing just for the kick of it until the Nords are back anyways..
I work with people who know their stuff and even then, they want quebecois on draft day. At least, I would have a great argument!

Old
05-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
I work with people who know their stuff and even then, they want quebecois on draft day. At least, I would have a great argument!
They would probably turn it around and claim it was because he did not play in the LHJMQ.

As for Matt Duchene ... can we trade up for him please !

Old
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
and imagine if the Canadiens draft Buddish and he busts out, that would shut the hell up of HF fanboys who want big strong guys from the US

Old
05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I just know many of the fans in attendance will boo our 1st round pick if he's not from Quebec.

It sucks, but weather you guys want to admit it or not..you know it's going to happen.

I hope that Bob, Trevor and crew let their potential picks know that this is likely to happen, and to not take it personally.

That has to be such a crappy feeling..

And I know this is going to sound harsh, but if our pick gets booed out of the building, I hope Montreal never gets another entry draft again.
matthew stafford was the first overall pick in the nfl draft and he got booed loudly by the lions fans.......so i dont really care if fans boo the players or not. Its upon the player to prove the fans wrong. This stuff does not just happen in montreal though.

Old
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
matthew stafford was the first overall pick in the nfl draft and he got booed loudly by the lions fans.......so i dont really care if fans boo the players or not. Its upon the player to prove the fans wrong. This stuff does not just happen in montreal though.
I think Stafford was a wise choice but the lions fans have a case since their only star player they drafted with their 1st round pick has been Calvin Johnson.

Old
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I think Stafford was a wise choice but the lions fans have a case since their only star player they drafted with their 1st round pick has been Calvin Johnson.
yeah that's true but my point was booing doesnt just happen in montreal though. Detroit has way more of a case than habs fans to boo in the draft and if someone boos the player we draft, he should get his mouth smacked. Its only fair

Old
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Won't change anything for some people. Let's take Michel Villeneuve for example. He already said that surely Timmins is interested in Leblanc 'cause he's playing in the US, so already bashing the org. for not going in the Q.

Then, he goes on by saying that he hopes that we're not going to draft a small talented guy since we already have enough of those.

So for Villeneuve, unless you pick a Québecois pure laine, from the Q, who's big on top of that, Villeneuve's picks for this year draft would be: 1st round: Jordan Caron or Simon Després, 3rd round: Philippe Paradis and Gabriel Lemieux, 4th round: David Gilbert, 5th round: David Savard or Steven Anthony, 6th round: Mathieu Populus, 7th round: Gabriel O'Connor.

Everything else but that isn't good enough.... I could have added that the last name needs to sound french, but there just isn't big Q guys enough this year.

Old
05-13-2009, 05:48 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Tickets for the NHL draft

Do any of you guys know when the tickets for the draft go on sale ?

Old
05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Won't change anything for some people. Let's take Michel Villeneuve for example. He already said that surely Timmins is interested in Leblanc 'cause he's playing in the US, so already bashing the org. for not going in the Q.
I really don't see how that's bashing the org. If anything, Villeneuve makes a point that might help Leblanc being drafted. The media has enough problems as it is... Let's not make up stuff to bash them further.

Old
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
yeah that's true but my point was booing doesnt just happen in montreal though. Detroit has way more of a case than habs fans to boo in the draft and if someone boos the player we draft, he should get his mouth smacked. Its only fair
Let's not get carried away.

The NFL draft is WAY different than the NHL draft. The players you draft in the first round are most likely stepping into the starting lineup within the next few years and in most cases, they fill an IMMEDIATE need.

In the NHL draft, you're drafting players that will most likely make the team in 3-4 years. And there are 3 real positions you're drafting from, not about 10+ positions that each fill a very different assignment and have very different skill sets.

But I could understand that players get booed at both drafts if some people have a very different approach to who should get selected. But that's if the criticism is fair. The fans would be booing because the guy isn't from 'here', which makes this completely ********. Not because they think there's a better player or a better fit, but because of his name and where he was born and raised.

Old
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Let's not get carried away.

The NFL draft is WAY different than the NHL draft. The players you draft in the first round are most likely stepping into the starting lineup within the next few years and in most cases, they fill an IMMEDIATE need.

In the NHL draft, you're drafting players that will most likely make the team in 3-4 years. And there are 3 real positions you're drafting from, not about 10+ positions that each fill a very different assignment and have very different skill sets.

But I could understand that players get booed at both drafts if some people have a very different approach to who should get selected. But that's if the criticism is fair. The fans would be booing because the guy isn't from 'here', which makes this completely ********. Not because they think there's a better player or a better fit, but because of his name and where he was born and raised.
yup, exactly. You can also add that most of the "fans" that will be booing here wont have a clue on who the habs will have drafted. Even if hes a quebecois, theyll just cheer for the name but wont know a thing about the player. And like you said, the player drafted in the nhl is a couple years away from playing in the league, all of this just makes it even more stupid to boo players drafted. Damn villeneuve and his henchmen

Old
05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

ok since we're talking quebecois talent for this summer draft i decided to put a list of the top quebecois talent in the draft (only quebec born here)

Top 25 Quebec born players for the 2009 draft

1- Louis Leblanc Center 6-0 178lbs Omaha (ushl)
2- Simon Depres Defensemen 6-4 217lbs Saint-John (qmjhl)
3- Charles-Olivier Roussel Defensemen 6-1 200lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
4- Jordan Caron Rw 6-2 202lbs Rimouski (qmjhl)
5- Olivier Roy Goalie 6-0 170lbs Cape-Breton (qmjhl)
6- Alex Chiasson Lw/Rw 6-4 187lbs Des Moines (ushl)
7- Philippe Paradis c/lw/rw 6-2 197lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
8- Eric Gelinas Defensemen 6-4 185lbs Lewiston (qmjhl)
9- David Savard Defensemen 6-1 200lbs Moncton (qmjhl)
10- Nicolas Riopel Goalie 6-0 170lbs Moncton (qmjhl)
11- David Gilbert C/W 6-0 184lbs Quebec (qmjhl)
12- Gabriel Lemieux Defensemen 6-1 170lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
13- Jean-Francois Berube Goalie 6-1 155lbs Montreal (qmjhl)
14- Nicolas Deslaurier Defensemen 6-0 198lbs Rouyn-noranda (qmjhl)
15- Gabriel Bourque lw 5-9 183lbs Baie-comeau (qmjhl)
16- Gabriel Dumont c/rw 5-9 170lbs drumondville (qmjhl)
17- Guillaume Goulet Rw 5-9 165lbs Baie-comeau (qmjhl)
18- Benjamin Casavant lw 6-1 210lbs pei (qmjhl)
19- Philippe lefebvre lw 5-11 186lbs drumondville (qmjhl)
20- simon jodoin Defensemen 6-0 170lbs moncton (qmjhl)
21- Gleason Fournier Defensemen 6-0 174lbs Rimouski (qmjhl)
22- Mikael Tam Defensemen 5-10 180lbs Quebec (qmjhl)
23- Pier-antoine Dion lw 5-11 195lbs Montreal (qmjhl)
24- Hubert Labrie Defensemen 5-10 180lbs gatineau (qmjhl)
25- Marc-Olivier Vachon Center 5-10 175lbs drumondville (qmjhl)

Old
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I agree 100%. Idiots who boo for the sake of booing aren't really fans of the team.

Old
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I really don't see how that's bashing the org. If anything, Villeneuve makes a point that might help Leblanc being drafted. The media has enough problems as it is... Let's not make up stuff to bash them further.
Sorry, don't understand. Villeneuve used his condescending tone to respond to Stéphane Leroux who had informed him that Timmins might be interested in Leblanc. To which Villeneuve responded "Well surely he's interested, the player is in the US...." As if getting Leblanc wouldn't count, 'cause he's not in the Q. I know, I was there, I listened to the show and trust me, he hates Timmins and will never say anything great about him so I don't understand your " making a point in order to be drafted".

Old
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
ok since we're talking quebecois talent for this summer draft i decided to put a list of the top quebecois talent in the draft (only quebec born here)

Top 25 Quebec born players for the 2009 draft

1- Louis Leblanc Center 6-0 178lbs Omaha (ushl)
2- Simon Depres Defensemen 6-4 217lbs Saint-John (qmjhl)
3- Charles-Olivier Roussel Defensemen 6-1 200lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
4- Jordan Caron Rw 6-2 202lbs Rimouski (qmjhl)
5- Olivier Roy Goalie 6-0 170lbs Cape-Breton (qmjhl)
6- Alex Chiasson Lw/Rw 6-4 187lbs Des Moines (ushl)
7- Philippe Paradis c/lw/rw 6-2 197lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
8- Eric Gelinas Defensemen 6-4 185lbs Lewiston (qmjhl)
9- David Savard Defensemen 6-1 200lbs Moncton (qmjhl)
10- Nicolas Riopel Goalie 6-0 170lbs Moncton (qmjhl)
11- David Gilbert C/W 6-0 184lbs Quebec (qmjhl)
12- Gabriel Lemieux Defensemen 6-1 170lbs Shawinigan (qmjhl)
13- Jean-Francois Berube Goalie 6-1 155lbs Montreal (qmjhl)
14- Nicolas Deslaurier Defensemen 6-0 198lbs Rouyn-noranda (qmjhl)
15- Gabriel Bourque lw 5-9 183lbs Baie-comeau (qmjhl)
16- Gabriel Dumont c/rw 5-9 170lbs drumondville (qmjhl)
17- Guillaume Goulet Rw 5-9 165lbs Baie-comeau (qmjhl)
18- Benjamin Casavant lw 6-1 210lbs pei (qmjhl)
19- Philippe lefebvre lw 5-11 186lbs drumondville (qmjhl)
20- simon jodoin Defensemen 6-0 170lbs moncton (qmjhl)
21- Gleason Fournier Defensemen 6-0 174lbs Rimouski (qmjhl)
22- Mikael Tam Defensemen 5-10 180lbs Quebec (qmjhl)
23- Pier-antoine Dion lw 5-11 195lbs Montreal (qmjhl)
24- Hubert Labrie Defensemen 5-10 180lbs gatineau (qmjhl)
25- Marc-Olivier Vachon Center 5-10 175lbs drumondville (qmjhl)
If we could get those, I'd be a happy camper.

Old
05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
If we could get those, I'd be a happy camper.
You don't like Gélinas all that much?

Old
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
You don't like Gélinas all that much?
He doesn't bring a package that enticing to me.

I'd rather take a late flier on Labrie than take Gélinas with a mid-round pick.

Old
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
He doesn't bring a package that enticing to me.

I'd rather take a late flier on Labrie than take Gélinas with a mid-round pick.
Fair enough. That said, I don't want anymore d-men in this draft. Only centres and wingers.

**** the BPA if he's a d-man (except if the talent difference is huge of course), we've done it too often in the last few years.

Old
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry, don't understand. Villeneuve used his condescending tone to respond to Stéphane Leroux who had informed him that Timmins might be interested in Leblanc. To which Villeneuve responded "Well surely he's interested, the player is in the US...." As if getting Leblanc wouldn't count, 'cause he's not in the Q. I know, I was there, I listened to the show and trust me, he hates Timmins and will never say anything great about him so I don't understand your " making a point in order to be drafted".
My bad then...

Old
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Iwishihadacup

if we indeed take a Quebec born player, for me it has to be Leblanc or Caron

Closed Thread