HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Talk : Live From Montreal! Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
  #976
DoanStopBelieving
 
DoanStopBelieving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
What happened to that second round pick we got for Huet?

I thought it was for this draft, or am I crazy?

DoanStopBelieving is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
  #977
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,597
vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The Islanders sure could use Halak and they have 3 2nd round picks... Maybe we could get a couple of those?
Let's put the bong down now




Halak's gaa was 2.86.His save % was .915.Danis played on a much weaker nyi team and posted a 2.86 gaa and .910 save %.

I think we'll see the isles use one of their 2nds to draft a goalie,sign a veteran backup for DiPietro and offer Danis an AHL contract.

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
  #978
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
2 picks in the 3rd round

# 65 and #79

As of right now the Canadiens will pick

#18 1st round

2nd round no pick

3rd round
# 65 and 79

4th round
#109

5th round
#138

6th round
#168

7th round
#198

I think it's accurate, not sure if I missed something

Just change 5th, 6th and 7th by 1. 139th, 169th, 199th

montreal is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:05 PM
  #979
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie Heward View Post
What happened to that second round pick we got for Huet?

I thought it was for this draft, or am I crazy?
Traded it for Lang I believe

Dwight is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
  #980
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie Heward View Post
What happened to that second round pick we got for Huet?

I thought it was for this draft, or am I crazy?
Pick was traded to the trashers for Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Traded it for Lang I believe
Langer was the pick we got for Grabo

montreal is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
  #981
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Pick was traded to the trashers for Schneider



Langer was the pick we got for Grabo
Thank god your around I coulden't keep track of all the picks we lost/gained....not to mention we traded our own second rounder. So we ended up trading 3 second round picks for this year's draft.

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
  #982
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Thank god your around I coulden't keep track of all the picks we lost/gained....not to mention we traded our own second rounder. So we ended up trading 3 second round picks for this year's draft.
At least, we got good and helpfull players in return. The only thing is that they were all injured at some point

But damn, 3 2nd round pick! If only we could have one...there so many interesting players who will be available in that round.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
  #983
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,506
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Just change 5th, 6th and 7th by 1. 139th, 169th, 199th
I knew I ****ed up somewhere

thanks

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 05:25 PM
  #984
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
reading about kreider he kinda looks like higgins but with more skill to me
From what I've read, Louis Leblanc sound more like Higgins to me than Kreider does. Kreider is bigger, stronger and faster...more like Guerin or maybe Glen Murray (ten years ago).

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
  #985
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
New RLR is out. Woodlief gives some serious parise and includes in the top 10....

Louis Leblanc.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...e-report_N.htm

I've only seen him about 3 times on webcast and I liked what I saw but never got overly excited, but the more I read about him the more it seems everyone agrees he's a tremendous blend of speed, skill and tenacity. Every time I saw him he was much more involved and impressive than Kristo, don't know if that means much, if anything.

Quiet Robert is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
  #986
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,383
vCash: 500
Chris Kreider might be a real candidate for a surprising rise à la top 12. Big guy, more than a great skater, physical game, surely he hasn't played against a tough opposition but can teams see a Devon Setoguchi in him? Wondering if it's possible that guys like Kadri or maybe Schroeder will fall more than we think.

Couple of real interesting articles:

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports...yword=topstory

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=410722

In the first one, it says that the team that the scouts that already spoke to him at the time of the article were scouts from the Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Calgary Flames.

There's nothing more than I would like but to have a Bruins fan amongst our prospects. A Bruins fan becoming a Bruins killer. Nothing more satisfying!


Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-22-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 10:45 PM
  #987
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
I was just reading on Nazem Kadri and to me, he seems a lot like a faster and slightly bigger Saku Koivu.

Likes to play along the boards
Very good playmaker
Fast hands
Is at his best in playoffs
Good defensively
Weak shot

To me, that really looks like Saku, but he is faster and a few inches taller (which means he should also be heavier). Am I too far off what Kadri could become?
Well, I'd say he's more like a faster and somewhat more involved (sometimes) Mike Ribeiro. Sometimes he tries to do a little too much with the puck and ends up putting himself out of the play (i.e. ends up along the boards a lot), but he does have good hands and skills. I have never noticed any particular defensive aptitude on his part. If he does drop to where we're picking, he's probably too skilled to pass up, however, even if he's probably not quite what we ought to be looking for.

Blind Gardien is online now  
Old
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
  #988
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
11 months ago I did want the habs to trade for him and trading up would've been hard but not impossible. I'm not a GM, I'm just a fan like you, I hope Montreal drafts Kassian and I wish we would've done something about getting Beach, they both may be a bust, or they both may turn out to be studs in the NHL, all I know is that we can't win with a undersized unmotivated players like we presently have. Now leave me alone, I'm making a pasta LOL
I endorse the Chad Kilger comparisons for Kassian.

Blind Gardien is online now  
Old
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
  #989
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Chris Kreider might be a real candidate for a surprising rise à la top 12. Big guy, more than a great skater, physical game, surely he hasn't played against a tough opposition but can teams see a Devon Setoguchi in him? Wondering if it's possible that guys like Kadri or maybe Schroeder will fall more than we think.

Couple of real interesting articles:

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports...yword=topstory

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=410722

In the first one, it says that the team that the scouts that already spoke to him at the time of the article were scouts from the Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Calgary Flames.

There's nothing more than I would like but to have a Bruins fan amongst our prospects. A Bruins fan becoming a Bruins killer. Nothing more satisfying!
You're late.

He's on top of my list since early may. Bugg who said him play gave positive comments and his really high on him and all the reports I've read are great. He could be another Pacioretty, but at centre.

Top 12 candidate? No. Top 20? Definitely.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 10:56 PM
  #990
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
You're late.

He's on top of my list since early may. Bugg who said him play gave positive comments and his really high on him and all the reports I've read are great. He could be another Pacioretty, but at centre.

Top 12 candidate? No. Top 20? Definitely.
I don't want to go back, but he was on my list prior to that.... I was just saying that he could be a surprise riser while everybody mostly expect him to go from 20-30, my prediction would be a top-12 spot.

You should read one of the 2 articles I've linked as far as his position is concerned....the kid prefers to play on the wings.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 11:11 PM
  #991
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's nothing more than I would like but to have a Bruins fan amongst our prospects. A Bruins fan becoming a Bruins killer. Nothing more satisfying!
Chris Nilan was a Boston native who became a Bruins killer but he did his killing with his "knuckles".

Schooner Guy is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
  #992
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't want to go back, but he was on my list prior to that.... I was just saying that he could be a surprise riser while everybody mostly expect him to go from 20-30, my prediction would be a top-12 spot.

You should read one of the 2 articles I've linked as far as his position is concerned....the kid prefers to play on the wings.
Good to know.

Interesting, I read the first article a month ago, but I thought the second one was its nhl profile, so I didn't open it.

Well to be honest I really wouldn't mind him even on the wing. But again, he's great playmaker, so he could play centre if needed. I don't think we are in Higgins' type of situation in this case. Kreider looks very versatile, I'll ask Bugg about this since he saw him play.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
  #993
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,383
vCash: 500
Well Gabriel Dumont might have become one of my favorite for one of our 3rd rounder.

Can somebody translate this? If we thought that Massé was couragerous with his knee injury how about what Dumont had to play with?

Quote:
« Ça fait deux semaines que son épaule ne tient que par deux tendons; il a un orteil de fracturé; il souffre d’une entorse à une cheville qui nécessitera une opération chirurgicale et une convalescence de six mois; enfin, il est incapable de fermer une main sur son bâton puisque deux de ses doigts sont blessés. J’en reviens pas, je n’ai jamais vu ça. »
http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/275168.html

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 01:16 AM
  #994
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Can somebody translate this?

« Ça fait deux semaines que son épaule ne tient que par deux tendons; il a un orteil de fracturé; il souffre d’une entorse à une cheville qui nécessitera une opération chirurgicale et une convalescence de six mois; enfin, il est incapable de fermer une main sur son bâton puisque deux de ses doigts sont blessés. J’en reviens pas, je n’ai jamais vu ça. »

"It's been two weeks that his shoulder holds by the tendons (sinew?); he has a fractured toe; he suffers from a sprained ankle which will need a surgery and a six month rehabilitation; at last he's not able to close one of his hands on his stick because two of his fingers are injured. I can't believe it, I've never seen anything like this."

That should be about right.

NSi is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 10:49 AM
  #995
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well Gabriel Dumont might have become one of my favorite for one of our 3rd rounder.

And you said you wouldn't take him with a 3rd if we had to a few days ago.


Em Ancien is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
  #996
YEMELIN74
Registered User
 
YEMELIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lévis
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Dmitry Kulikov

Do you guys think we should draft this guy with our 1st round pick this year?

This guy is currently listed 17th for north american skater.

Anyone knows if this guy is really that good, im only hearing positive comments about him.... could he be the next markov?

YEMELIN74 is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 11:49 AM
  #997
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
Do you guys think we should draft this guy with our 1st round pick this year?

This guy is currently listed 17th for north american skater.

Anyone knows if this guy is really that good, im only hearing positive comments about him.... could he be the next markov?

He's going to go a lot higher than 17th. Red Line and most teams have him 10 or higher and the Memorial Cup is really boosting his stock. He has the talent and character to be a special player in the mold of Ovechkin that combines the skill and passion. Not only would I draft him, but I'd trade up to #9-10 to take him if I could. I think he could go as high as #5-6 after Duchene Tavares and Hedman, in the mix with Kane Paarjvi-Svensson and Schenn.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
05-23-2009, 11:56 AM
  #998
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Yes! Lets draft another D! We are so hurting down there! we definitely don't need anymore Center Prospects!


Now onto a more serious matter...HES A RUSSIAN! HAVE WE NOT LEARNED? Jesus.

We need Shore, Glennie, Holland, Caron. Take your pick, they are all Centers. STOP LOOKING AT D, let alone RUSSIAN D.

In before close.

JHabs is offline  
Old
05-23-2009, 12:00 PM
  #999
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Yes! Lets draft another D! We are so hurting down there! we definitely don't need anymore Center Prospects!


Now onto a more serious matter...HES A RUSSIAN! HAVE WE NOT LEARNED? Jesus.

We need Shore, Glennie, Holland, Caron. Take your pick, they are all Centers. STOP LOOKING AT D, let alone RUSSIAN D.

In before close.
Yes, heaven forbid we'd end up with another All-star like Markov

You can always make trades, my philosophy is to go for the best player available.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
  #1000
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
No more Russians thank you.

Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.