HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Keep Faith in our Boys!

Old
04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
GeneralMarky79

vCash: 500
Let's Keep Faith in our Boys!

Hey guys I just wanted to say that I am sick and tired of all the bruins fans everywhere I go especially at school saying how they are gonna beat us in 4 or 5 games. All I am hearing at school is how bad a team montreal has and how the bruins will roll all over us. Let's just keep our heads high because I know!! we can win this series. GO HABS GO

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
habtastic

AMEN

we can do it...we have the team for it, all we need is execution and playoff intensity and a sex change operation + growth hormones for Pleky.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I love how all the closet Bruins fans are slowly creeping out from their holes this year. It would be great to see them fail...

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
blarneylad

Go habs Go!!!

habs in 7!

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 06:41 PM
j52

The players are men, not boys. If you are still in school then they are older than you.
This Habs team is perhaps the most disappointing one which I have seen since I became a Habs fan in 1956. It would be great if they did something now, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
The players are men, not boys. If you are still in school then they are older than you.
This Habs team is perhaps the most disappointing one which I have seen since I became a Habs fan in 1956. It would be great if they did something now, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.
1956? Damn, you saw 16 cups in your lifetime. Sucks that I could not have at least witnessed the years of magic in the late 70s. I vaguely remember the victory in 93.

As for this years team, it has been one of the most disappointing that I have ever seen. However, I have faith in victory over the Bruins at least.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Im in school, and no, some players are not older than me.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 07:09 PM
habtastic

This team's season has been disappointing perhaps, but certainly not the roster (we technically have Robert Lang...and Andrei Markov ftm).

As Bob put it, we made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth (via a TIEBREAKER!!!), but...WE MADE IT. Imagine if we hadn't gotten that last point. Many people didn't believe. Personally I voted in the poll that we'd get a point and get in. Not saying that is evidence that we are a contender, and not to overstate it, but playoff times have a feeling of magic. Anything is possible and everything is wiped clean.

The Oilers made it to the Cup final.
Edmonton defeated the Western Conference No. 1 seed Detroit Red Wings 42, the San Jose Sharks 42 and the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 41 to advance to the Final.

if that doesn't tell you that anything is possible, I dunno what does. Just seems we never have that kind of luck. Everyone thinks we are gonna get smashed by Boston, that we are too soft, don't care, Carey's a bust, etc. I have no choice but to believe in this team and to believe that they have now realized what it's going to take. I'm all for realism, but in all seriousness, we have a completely equal chance of beating Boston, (as is the case for most of the matchups this year) and not just based on technical probability (obviously it's 50/50), I mean being upsetting them. The only difference between us and them this season has been cohesiveness, direction and living up to your name. These are all things that can change as of Thursday.

don't get the point about them being men? Carey is 21 right? I'm 25 and so I was 9 in 1993. I remember how much it changed my life ( I guess the way religion does for some people). I know we've been believing for a long time without our dreams realizing, but each time, you just have to, especially against Boston. We have a lot of character in that room contrary to popular opinion and I guarantee that we will not just fold like a deck of cards. This is the PERFECT scenario for our Centennial. A horrible season full of absolute madness, barely making the playoffs. Having to face our all-time rivals in the first round being serious underdogs. This win will be so much bigger than any of the last 3. It's our time (maybe the ghosts were just waiting for me to turn 25 for the drive to come alive

go habs go

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
DrMailloux

Not just the bruins fans, all the expert say we are going to get crushed... Even Jacques Demers say we will lose...

But don't worry, once we win the first game they will all get behind the team.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
sheed36

The entire TSN panel tonight said the Habs would lose in 6 games max to the Bruins...Even Maggie the Monkey picked the Bruins so we are doomed...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Rammztar

Send a message via MSN to Rammztar
Like I said in the stanley cup playoffs thread, ALL FOR HABS,ALL FOR FANS!

I have faith and Max THEROCK, just make their lives a nightmare....

Rammztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Cupmonger

Is it game 1 yet?

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
kernkraft

You need to have "faith" in the first place, in order to keep it.

Like my social life, I think the keywords here are "lowered expectations"

kernkraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Caekslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Is it game 1 yet?
Yeah, we're down 3-1, the shootout is going to start in a couple of minutes.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote