HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brisebois In, Weber Out For Game 1?

Old
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
VanNistelrooy

vCash: 500
oh noes

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
dutchy29

Good call, I'm not a huge Briesbois fan but he has had an OK season this year. Experience does usually count come playoffs.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Turboflex*

Bruins forwards are gonna attack Breezer hard, he cannot handle them at all. A big guy like Wheeler can easily go around him along the boards to gain the zone (Breezer won't be able to check him). If not possible, then a soft dump into Breezer corner will work all the time, Breezer is too slow to get there first, and wouldn't accept any hit even from a little guy like Kessel or Savard so he backs off and just lets them get the puck.

He barely belongs playing irregularly during season, in a playoff series any decent coach like Julien will focus his attackers on Breezer like a laserbeam, he is the weak link. We're better off with a rookie.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:02 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Good call by Bob. Weber might have been very nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Why? Weber has been fine since called up.. against Boston Brisebois should be effraid of his own shadow..
Brisebois was our best offensive D in the playoffs last year. He might have had a few gaffes but he was much more effective than Streit or even Markov who completely disappeared (ok that was because of injuries, but we are in a similar situation right now).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Gainey made the right call, I'm not a fan of Breezy either but in the playoffs I'll take his experience over Weber

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Bruins forwards are gonna attack Breezer hard, he cannot handle them at all. A big guy like Wheeler can easily go around him along the boards to gain the zone (Breezer won't be able to check him). If not possible, then a soft dump into Breezer corner will work all the time, Breezer is too slow to get there first, and wouldn't accept any hit even from a little guy like Kessel or Savard so he backs off and just lets them get the puck.

He barely belongs playing irregularly during season, in a playoff series any decent coach like Julien will focus his attackers on Breezer like a laserbeam, he is the weak link. We're better off with a rookie.
Just wondering if the logic to back this up was the series against the Bruins and Julien last season?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Pascal

Brisebois >>>> Weber in a series against Boston, especially on the road.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Treal

I understand the decision but damn it Brisebois, don't make me curse at my TV

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Just wondering if the logic to back this up was the series against the Bruins and Julien last season?
No smartass it's from understanding hockey strategy and watching Breezer play all year.

BTW his play last year against Boston has become somewhat mythic. He got some points by getting shots through (he does have an accurate shot) in the first few games but after that didn't produce anything and was still his usual liability on the ice.

If you watch this guy closely you can see him make a mistake on almost every shift, it really baffles me how he is not -30. I swear this guy is the luckiest player alive, almost every time he screws up he is bailed out by teammates, goalie or opposition stunned by the unexpected oppurtunity.

Even a guy like Natey2k4 who goes to Brossard facility looking to buy game used Breezer jock straps might remember that game against Atlanta a few weeks ago where Breezer, under no pressure, put it right up the middle onto Kovalchuck's stick. Somehow he was bailed out by a combination of Kovalchuck not getting a great shot off (stunned by his luck) and the goalie being ready. The series is going to be hard enough without Breezer giving his teammates similar heart attack situations.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I would have been surprised if the situation was reversed. Not a shot against Weber, but you have to go with experience to start the series.

If Breezer gets tired later in the series, then you go with Weber.
That will take one game!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
No smartass it's from understanding hockey strategy and watching Breezer play all year.

BTW his play last year against Boston has become somewhat mythic. He got some points by getting shots through (he does have an accurate shot) in the first few games but after that didn't produce anything and was still his usual liability on the ice.

If you watch this guy closely you can see him make a mistake on almost every shift, it really baffles me how he is not -30. I swear this guy is the luckiest player alive, almost every time he screws up he is bailed out by teammates, goalie or opposition stunned by the unexpected oppurtunity.

Even a guy like Natey2k4 who goes to Brossard facility looking to buy game used Breezer jock straps might remember that game against Atlanta a few weeks ago where Breezer, under no pressure, put it right up the middle onto Kovalchuck's stick. Somehow he was bailed out by a combination of Kovalchuck not getting a great shot off (stunned by his luck) and the goalie being ready. The series is going to be hard enough without Breezer giving his teammates similar heart attack situations.

62 5 13 18 that says it all..his offensive ability is terrible no matter what people want it to be.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
That will take one game!
Ok, I laughed at this.

04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

This will make the game tomorrow even more interesting

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

BREAKING NEWS!

RDS : Gainey replaces Weber

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/273012.html

I did not know he could play defense

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I don't know whether to be mad, or not. Brisebois was a little helpful last year against the Bruins. Though, this could be a sign for Markov ?
A little? They quite frankly would have been eliminated against the Bruins if it wasn't for Brisebois. Didn't he have the game winner in one of the games?

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 02:47 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
A little? They quite frankly would have been eliminated against the Bruins if it wasn't for Brisebois. Didn't he have the game winner in one of the games?
yes i believe game four...when we had lost the previous game in ot when savard scored to give them life to make it 2-1

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote