HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Anyone hear Lavy on 99.9 today

Old
04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Anyone hear Lavy on 99.9 today

I have always stuck up for Peter L and will always appreciate the Cup he brought to us, but damn, I have lost a little respect... He sounded like a kid that had his candy stolen from him... What a whiner he sounded like... Why would he embarrass himself and even give an interview and then sound like that...

I could just be an overly sensitive and offended fan too LOL..

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Hopefully they will post this on their website because I would be very curious to hear it.

04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

All I know about him is that he picked the Devils to win the series. Which is fine, because he's an analyst now. Can't expect anything less.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

He basically said our forwards were outmatched, too small, and not tough enough to win... He said a few more things and had the ringing of arrogance and waiting to take pleasure in our loss.

Old
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
I have no problem with it. He picked the Devils and said that they could take advantage of the Canes lack of size up front. I don't disagree with that statement. Now had he said the Canes were going to get swept, yeah that would be just sour grapes.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'm overly sensitive but it was the way he said most of what he said... Also, are these not the players he thought he could win with? Are these the players that came together when he left?

Old
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Any coach, and I mean any coach, that gets fired and the coach that comes in behind him takes that same talent and has success with it is going to doubt his own ability to motivate his men. How that manifests itself is another thing all together. I think I recall Maurice saying something to the effect of he hoped that the Leafs "lost every game for the next 10 years". Maurice is just so glib that it managed to not really offend much of anybody, but the sentiment that exists is very real.

I don't fault Laviolette for not being kissy-kissy with the same team that pretty much quit on him. But it has to make you wonder if he was the one making the plea to upper management to get bigger this offseason when you hear him say things about how tiny this team is up front.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
canesnecu

He also never had a 1st line like Staal Cole & Ruutu to work with either. I think they can hold their own just fine size wise and toughness wise. Lavi got it done without the weapons Mo has been given. He almost got it done last year too but came up short by putting the wrong players out there.

He has every right to be pissed about the way things went here but I doubt that effected his pick on TSN. The guy is a professional and wants another job.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

In similar news... A monkey also chose the Devils on the same show as Lavy

Old
04-15-2009, 06:16 PM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
He basically said our forwards were outmatched, too small, and not tough enough to win... He said a few more things and had the ringing of arrogance and waiting to take pleasure in our loss.
You're projecting. He had no such "ringing" about him. He was asked for analysis, and he gave it. Period.

Just because he's not all homerish for the Hurricanes, that doesn't mean that he hates them and wants them to fail just cos he's not coach anymore.

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 09:47 PM
snakepliskin

Lavi could be right?

snakepliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidQueen View Post
You're projecting. He had no such "ringing" about him. He was asked for analysis, and he gave it. Period.

Just because he's not all homerish for the Hurricanes, that doesn't mean that he hates them and wants them to fail just cos he's not coach anymore.
I disagree with you, but that's what boards are for