HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray's nice words on Koivu

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 07:17 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Souray's nice words on Koivu

this is what Souray said about Saku and his role as the capatain of the team, nice words Sheldon http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HO...N4058E651.html

Old
03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
felixd

Those stats about the Koivu-Ribeiro fight are unbelievable.... Both have been producing at PPG or better and the team has 23 points out of 28 possible points.

Old
03-17-2004, 08:51 PM
tritone

If only these words could put to rest all the Koivu bashers. ~sighs~

Old
03-17-2004, 08:58 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
If only these words could put to rest all the Koivu bashers. ~sighs~
There would be no Koivu bashing if some people would stop making comparisions between Saku and Ribeiro. That's pointless. Instead of appreciating the fact that we have two extremely gifted offensive centers, we have to make this a competition to know who's the better player. With Saku's recent play, people at the Bell Center are starting to realize Koivu is back on track, and he sure didn't deserve this booing he had 1 month ago. That's good news, because he's the hardest-working player out there, yet some people seem to be interested only in Ribeiro.

Old
03-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
There would be no Koivu bashing if some people would stop making comparisions between Saku and Ribeiro. That's pointless. Instead of appreciating the fact that we have two extremely gifted offensive centers, we have to make this a competition to know who's the better player. With Saku's recent play, people at the Bell Center are starting to realize Koivu is back on track, and he sure didn't deserve this booing he had 1 month ago. That's good news, because he's the hardest-working player out there, yet some people seem to be interested only in Ribeiro.
Couldnt agree more!

Old
03-17-2004, 10:29 PM
tnq

Quote:
that i want to say even my favorite player is Ribs

Old
03-17-2004, 11:24 PM
EaGLE1

Ribs
O
C
K
S

Old
03-17-2004, 11:36 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
this is what Souray said about Saku and his role as the capatain of the team, nice words Sheldon http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/H...AN4058E651.html
Pretty high praise from the so-called "unofficial" captain about the real captain. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Ribs
O
C
K
S
R-I-B-S
--S-A-U
----D-C
------K
----&-S

j/k

Old
03-18-2004, 04:04 AM
GG#60

Could somebody give a quick translation of what #44 said please?

Old
03-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG#60
He said that in NJ, Stevens was the better warrior he ever seen and I see some Stevens in Saku. He said that there was good good players here but Saxx was name captain over them, it's because we saw something in him. The perception that the people have from the exterior is probably not the same that the players have. Maybe some people don't know him very much.

I wish it will help you

Old
03-18-2004, 10:04 AM
GG#60

thanks!

Old
03-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Les gens qui hait koivu m'énerve tellement que je commence a hair ribeiro pour aucune autre raison que pour leur faire chier !!

Old
03-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Habeas Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Les gens qui hait koivu m'énerve tellement que je commence a hair ribeiro pour aucune autre raison que pour leur faire chier !!
Je suis d'accord avec vous.

Old
03-18-2004, 11:47 AM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG#60
sure this is what it said!!!

"Koivu plays the best hockey of his career"
- Sheldon Souray
Saku Koivu counts 17 points to his last 14 matches.

Wednesday March 17, 2004 - (RDS and PC) - If the amateurs and French-speaking commentators are not all convinced that Saku Koivu is a big captain and big leader, it is certainly not the opinion of Sheldon Souray, the big injuried defender who should come back Friday, against the Devils of the New Jersey, his old team.

"I had Scott Stevens as captain in the New Jersey, he is the biggest of the warriors, and I see some Stevens in Koivu. He is playing the best hockey of his career since I known him."

There are good players here, and if one is named captain even though he is young, it is because someone saw something in him."

Claude Julian is an another one that didn't hesitate to praise leadership exercised by his captain in the last right of it.

Since Koivu had an altercation a few weeks ago with Mike Ribeiro, the Canadian shows a record of 11-2-0-1, that means a harvest of 23 points on a possibility of 28. With such a sequence, the Canadian sat down in the driver's seat in view of a recent standings.

Since the incidental Koivu-Ribeiro, the captain of the Canadian claims four goals and 13 assists. For his part, at the time of the same sequence, the small 71 count is five goals and nine assists.

hope that helps for any english speaking Habs fans.... its been ages since i've had to do that much translating... not since high school... when i was 15... last time i spoke french properly thank god i've retained some knowledge and that rather expensive dictionary my school made me buy!!!!

read on fellow fans!!!

Old
03-18-2004, 11:17 PM
FinnoHab

good job, you got http://babelfish.altavista.com beat! but just thought i'd give that address for future reference.

Old
03-19-2004, 05:15 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Nothing but

Closed Thread